+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV- visitor visa stages

amfa

Star Member
Aug 21, 2021
I applied for a visitor visa, biometric done, the current status is "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements", how long it does take to review eligibility? The next stage is PPR? Can someone share with us the stages of TRV process?
Thanks

Aftabshah2565

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
I applied for a visitor visa, biometric done, the current status is "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements", how long it does take to review eligibility? The next stage is PPR? Can someone share with us the stages of TRV process?
Thanks
I have this status since Jan-2021

Vishal Bhandari&

Apr 2, 2019
Thanks
You have applied with sponsorship or hotel booking??

amfa

Star Member
Aug 21, 2021
How much time has it been since it shows this status? and which country are you applying from? if you don't mind
Status updated One week ago,
application submitted online from Lebanon. Please share your experience if u have already applied.

Reactions: Ebenyafa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
application submitted online from Lebanon. Please share your experience if u have already applied.
You can’t even travel until September 7th if you are approved so there is no rush. You will need to show very strong ties like a longterm job, property in your name, savings, etc. because there will be concerns that you will not return to Lebanon considering the current economic crisis.

Reactions: dahil1975

amfa

Star Member
Aug 21, 2021
You can’t even travel until September 7th if you are approved so there is no rush. You will need to show very strong ties like a longterm job, property in your name, savings, etc. because there will be concerns that you will not return to Lebanon considering the current economic crisis.
Thank you for your reply,
Do you think it will take long to review my eligibility? And what is the next stage after reviewing eligibility?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply,
Do you think it will take long to review my eligibility? And what is the next stage after reviewing eligibility?
If it is a clear refusal you may hear quite quickly. How long it will take to get an approval or refusal will depend on the backlog of applicants. Currently you don’t have priority processing because you don’t meet the travel restrictions. The travel restrictions change Sept 7th. If you have been vaccinated with one of the approved vaccines in Canada and have an approved TRV you’ll be able to travel. Processing times in Lebanon for TRVs is 184 days so you likely have quite a wait ahead of you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Reactions: dahil1975

Jesse_mj

Dec 28, 2019
It is usually when they actually start reviewing your application. You should hear from them soon. When did you actually apply and did you submit any web enquiry?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is usually when they actually start reviewing your application. You should hear from them soon. When did you actually apply and did you submit any web enquiry?
y

She just applied. U less she is being denied it is likely to be a while until she hears given the long wait times fo pr processing and the fact that she currently doesn’t meet travel restrictions so isn’t prioritized.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved in Canada (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J or AstraZeneca). If approved you need to be fully vaccinated to travel. Obviously it may be difficult to get access to covid vaccines in Lebanon but if you aren’t vaccinated and can get vaccinated you should or you won’t be able to travel to Canada even if approved.