+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV(Visitor Visa) - Spouse - Tracker - After Sep 7 - New Portal

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Just saw someone who applied in Oct but gave biometrics on Dec 9 , getting approval - what is wrong with older applications and why are these applications getting picked sooner?

Spouse - PR
Other Spouse - Applied VV on the new Portal
Got Approved today

Like seriously.. why can' they adhere to some order?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just saw someone who applied in Oct but gave biometrics on Dec 9 , getting approval - what is wrong with older applications and why are these applications getting picked sooner?

Spouse - PR
Other Spouse - Applied VV on the new Portal
Got Approved today

Like seriously.. why can' they adhere to some order?
Are you a PR or citizen?

Vedant_agarwalla

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
AOR Received.
Dec 2018
Hi,
I had applied for a TRV for my spouse and minor (7 year) daughter on september 18 via the new portal.
I got the PPR for my wife today, but no update on my daughter's profile. Is this normal? And when should I expect an update?

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi,
I had applied for a TRV for my spouse and minor (7 year) daughter on september 18 via the new portal.
I got the PPR for my wife today, but no update on my daughter's profile. Is this normal? And when should I expect an update?
Can you also update the tracker, if you don't mind. So we can see your timeline

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
But you have posted multiple times so what is your question? I asked if you are PR or citizen? Relatives of PRs or citizens may be prioritized.
I do not have a question.

I am one of those people [among thousands here] who has been a victim of the unforeseen delay in processing which impacts lives. That is all

Pehsawarlove

Oct 6, 2021
The estimated time for TRV for us when we applied from Pakistan is 29 days so does this mean for sure I would get response in 29 days or less?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
The estimated time for TRV for us when we applied from Pakistan is 29 days so does this mean for sure I would get response in 29 days or less?
right now, i do not think the processing times hold good. Again, it depends which visa office is handling your application. Lot of people on this forum have exceeded the dates and continue to wait.

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hello,

I had applied for TRV for my spouse: 1st Application on April 10, 2021 through GC key and 2nd one on new portal on Oct 10, 2021. Due to lack of response, I contacted my local MP to enquire on the status and below is the update in received and the update is the same on both applications. Can anyone provide further insight on this? I didn't know my TRV application is stuck in New Delhi. Should I apply for another time or wait> I have already raised webforms with no response yet.

Please see the update that was provided to the MP:

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We can provide you with the following details about the status of the applicant's temporary resident visa (TRV)application:

• The application was received at the New Delhi, India on October 10, 2021.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the officer will insert a TRV counterfoil inside the applicant's passport. The passport and any original documents included with the application will be returned to the applicant in person (if interviewed) or by mail (if there is no interview).
  • If the application is refused:
    • the officer will inform the applicant of the refusal. The passport and any original documents (if included with the application) will be returned to the applicant in person (if interviewed) or by mail (if there is no interview).

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi,
I just wanted to check if you knew which VO was processing your family's TRV application? Also, is your family in India or are they in US?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello,

I had applied for TRV for my spouse: 1st Application on April 10, 2021 through GC key and 2nd one on new portal on Oct 10, 2021. Due to lack of response, I contacted my local MP to enquire on the status and below is the update in received and the update is the same on both applications. Can anyone provide further insight on this? I didn't know my TRV application is stuck in New Delhi. Should I apply for another time or wait> I have already raised webforms with no response yet.

Please see the update that was provided to the MP:

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We can provide you with the following details about the status of the applicant's temporary resident visa (TRV)application:

• The application was received at the New Delhi, India on October 10, 2021.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the officer will insert a TRV counterfoil inside the applicant's passport. The passport and any original documents included with the application will be returned to the applicant in person (if interviewed) or by mail (if there is no interview).
  • If the application is refused:
    • the officer will inform the applicant of the refusal. The passport and any original documents (if included with the application) will be returned to the applicant in person (if interviewed) or by mail (if there is no interview).
I am pretty much in the same situation except for the fact that I do not know which VO is handling my file. Apparently all the *stuck* files from Oct and Nov seem to be in New Delhi.

I am also contemplating filing once more sometime in the next 10 days if I do not receive an update. This was not the case with December applicants. Not sure what is happening though.

Popular opinion is that the back log shall and will be cleared by first week of January but I am not feeling quite confident.

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
I am pretty much in the same situation except for the fact that I do not know which VO is handling my file. Apparently all the *stuck* files from Oct and Nov seem to be in New Delhi.

I am also contemplating filing once more sometime in the next 10 days if I do not receive an update. This was not the case with December applicants. Not sure what is happening though.

Popular opinion is that the back log shall and will be cleared by first week of January but I am not feeling quite confident.
I feel the same, that these backlogs will start to clear in 1st week of Jan. Let's just be a little positive. I have applied for spouse PR online, so I am not sure if I should re apply TRV till the AOR arrives (which will take at least a month n a half from now). Feeling hopeless all the same

seatobc

Oct 30, 2018
Hi,
When you applied in new portal, where did you get the "invite code" while signing up?