+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV to attend sons Master's convocation.

waheguruji88

Mar 5, 2019
Good evening everyone,
I want to share my experience, i applied for my maternal uncle and aunt trv on 20 march. Biometric done 3 april. Got approval 11 april. Visa stamped on 19 april. My parents applied on 18 march biometric done 19 march but they got approval yesterday.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good evening everyone,
I want to share my experience, i applied for my maternal uncle and aunt trv on 20 march. Biometric done 3 april. Got approval 11 april. Visa stamped on 19 april. My parents applied on 18 march biometric done 19 march but they got approval yesterday.
Congrats. Absolutely wonderful :)

waheguruji88

Mar 5, 2019
Thanks alot @Bryanna.
Now, i want to apply for my brother. He is lawyer. In his bank account has 3 lacs. He never filled ITR. He has no properity on his name but my parents will give affidavit that he is only responsible for their all properity. He got invitation from my little sister to attend her convocation. Please repky as soon as possible with your valuable suggestions. @Bryanna.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks alot @Bryanna.
Now, i want to apply for my brother. He is lawyer. In his bank account has 3 lacs. He never filled ITR. He has no properity on his name but my parents will give affidavit that he is only responsible for their all properity. He got invitation from my little sister to attend her convocation. Please repky as soon as possible with your valuable suggestions. @Bryanna.
1. Is he employed with a law firm on he works on his own? Since how long has he been employed?

2. Why has he not filed his tax returns?

3. No, your parents' properties are not his assets + an affidavit won't work.

4. Was the money in his bank account earned by him or borrowed from your parents/someone?

5. Has he traveled to any other visa-required countries?

waheguruji88

Mar 5, 2019
1. He works his own in court since sept. 2018. He has Bar counil registered lawyer and in june court close for some days every year. He can give this reason to visit other county or not??
2. He has no pan card.
3.what can we show to present binding with parents and all properity??
4. Saving money (some from his earing and rest from parents)
5.never
6. He also preparing for PCS EXAMS. Self study

Please suggest me how can i apply for him??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. He works his own in court since sept. 2018. He has Bar counil registered lawyer and in june court close for some days every year. He can give this reason to visit other county or not??
2. He has no pan card.
3.what can we show to present binding with parents and all properity??
4. Saving money (some from his earing and rest from parents)
5.never
6. He also preparing for PCS EXAMS. Self study

Please suggest me how can i apply for him??
As a lawyer, he is breaking the Law himself!!

1. No PAN card = He does not file any taxes = He earns cash, spends cash = He cannot be tracked in the financial system!

2. Recent recruit + He works on his own = No employment ties

3. Self study = Can study anywhere in the world = No reason to return to India

4. Financial support from his parents won't help = As a working adult, he cannot afford the visit

Basically, you can judge how his visa application will look like to a visa officer

waheguruji88

Mar 5, 2019
Yes she too.got her approval. Thanks for your kind wishes. God bless.

R/s, please could you share which documents you were presented to approval for your daughter??I also want to get visa for my son to attend convocation of my daughter that will held in june, montreal. Please i would be very thankful for this kindness.

waheguruji88

Mar 5, 2019
@Bryanna thanks for reply. plzz suggest me.

Hello, is it mandatory to show parents trv approval status in Son's trv application?? Please answer. I read all your suggestions carefully then i decided to show brother status to dependent on parents because he never filed ITR. He completed his law degree last year now he is working in court with someone. I can provide all finacial documents and assert to show parents properity.

Please reply@Bryanna. I need for your valuable suggestion.
Thanks

aj0x14

Apr 1, 2023
Hello @Bryanna. (@bellaluna @canuck78)

My father (a retired truck mechanic from UAE who now runs a small convenience store in India), mother (house wife, has travel history of visiting Dubai recently) and elder sister, 29 (working in Dubai food service industry from past 5 years). I want to invite all 3 of them on my convocation for (2 weeks)is happening on June 2-4, 2023 and is in-person convocation for April 2021 graduates who received a virtual one in 2021. I know it might be a bit late for application but we are waiting on my father’s passport renewal so it’s getting delayed.

I am in a similar situation, and really need immediate insights. Could you help me with a couple of questions?

1. Is it equally fine to apply online versus paper application? I heard you can merge three applications all together in paper based.

2. How much Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)do they need to show to build a good case? For now what I know is parents have a reasonable ( $CAD 26259 )in a joint bank account.

One of them can write a letter saying other one will take care of his/her living expenses. Because my mother have just a small chunk of money in her own separate account.

She has 3 properties under her name with husbands name too mentioned on them.

(1st one is valued at $CAD 23,778 has legal papers along with valuation report with husband’s name on it, property tax can be filed too);

(2nd one is valued at $CAD 15,459 is a old property so doesn’t have any legal papers but can try to make one, also has a valuation report and property tax filed for last year this years can only be filed from 16th April onwards);

(third one is valued at $CAD 3,857 has legal document under my mother’s name and husband’s name mentioned, has valuation report , can file its property tax too if required).

One of them can be translated to English language from local, valuation numbers can be written on an attested notarized stamp paper, consent letter from mother for father’s right of ownership on it can be created but other two are difficult to but will try.

Mother can write a consent letter declaring father’s share in property if required.

My elder sister has only ($CAD 3662). Her salary deposit account is different than savings account. She transfers it to savings account from salary account , amount cane be liquidated anytime though

I, 25 years old have 12k in my account. Her savings are low because she along with my younger sister, 24 ( only $CAD 1500) who too works in Dubai send money back home for family support purpose. My elder sister and father supported me financially to come to Canada on study permit. I really wanted them to be with me during my convocation but because of Covid I couldn’t make it happen.

Question might arise that it means money might be transferred to parents account for purpose of immigration but no it was sent gradually just for the purpose of family support from all three siblings with me and my younger sister being most recent contributors. My elder sister been depositing from past 5 years. A considerable amount to their joint account is of retirement fund of my father that he received from his company in UAE.

My savings are low because I made some investments recently + started sending money back home for family support.

Sorry I am putting emphasis on my earnings because I thought I can write an explanation letter for my elder sister to cover her expenses of her funds doesn’t seem sufficient. If not my sister is eligible for a loan of 80,000 UAE dhiram ( $CAD 29,356) if got approved she won’t be having any problem in showing funds.

+ I am thinking about my parents Super Visa too by using convocation as a reason. My past 3 years tax returns show more than 30k income since I was student until PGWP to PR. But I don’t have 33k saved up in bank account because of investment decisions that I made. Please advise accordingly.

3. In Purpose of Travel - Other (required), I have my graduation letter, invitation letter, Convocation letter doesn’t specify the name of family members, it just says upto two guest tickets will be issued, college refused to mention names.

I can also write a letter describing the purpose of visit (2 weeks) convocation, tourism etc. I have few friends in Toronto, Alberta, New Brunswick and social ties to India ( like my father has been running a small convenience store since he returned to India after his retirement and my mother too helps him in running.

They have income tax filed from past year stating the income earned from that small business. Which is only shown around $CAD 4200 for both during income tax filing. Does it match the income declared ? Business is not registered yet, can be registered if required. But it might take time to register if there is a need to show the establishment of business by showing a proper registered name. TDS too might be needed in that case. Father can show purchase bills from suppliers from where he buys good to sell. Anything else I need to do?

My father has 6 siblings in india, paternal grandparents passed away and mother has 1 sister and two brothers, one brother works in Dubai and other one is in India. My mother’s sister works in Dubai, her husband works far away in Delhi so my mother takes care of her sister’s son who is 9 years old (how can it be shown?) My mother’s parents are still alive.

4. Is it a good idea to include my sister in this TRV application as a family? Is it possible if parent’s documents doesn’t seem sufficient I can apply for both of my sisters instead but I don't want a probable TRV refusal to affect their future applications.

5. There is discrepancy in spelling of my mother’s name on my passport. On my passport her name is Jasveer but her name’s spelling on her own passport along with on my father’s passport is Jasvir. Trivial or Major issue? Or I can write an explanation letter saying it’s a word in an Indian language which when written in English alphabets could be misspelled.

Really appreciate your support, in advance. I've been going through the forum and found all your reply and collaborative approach really amazing. Looking forward to contributing more here.

Thank You,
Ajay.