+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV to attend sons Master's convocation.

aniruddhabhatt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Sounds good!

So, following the insights:

1. I'd wait to receive my work permit (March 10 - ish) and apply for visitor visa of parent. I have also advised them to save more money in salary accounts till then.

2. I'd arrange all possible investments and certificates till then to build a strong case.

I'm also applying for express entry meanwhile. Hope it won't be a problem! I just received my ITA :)

Really appreciate the insights @Bryanna ..Feel free to post if any related thought crosses your mind any moment !!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. I'd wait to receive my work permit (March 10 - ish) and apply for visitor visa of parent. I have also advised them to save more money in salary accounts till then.

2. I'd arrange all possible investments and certificates till then to build a strong case.
Perfect!

I'm also applying for express entry meanwhile. Hope it won't be a problem! I just received my ITA :)
No problems. Congrats :)

Really appreciate the insights @Bryanna ..Feel free to post if any related thought crosses your mind any moment !!
Do post the list of documents they intend to submit when your parents are ready to apply

aniruddhabhatt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hi @Bryanna, (and other members if you read this!)
Hope you're doing fabulously well!

Time to apply for parent's visitor visa for my convocation (June 11) :)
trying to do all that was suggested. Please advise if I should add/remove things.

The finances, now look like this (CAD):
Dad: 12K (Salary account) + 4K (LIC) = 16K
Mom:
6K (Savings account) + 10K (FD) + 2K (Salary account) = 18K

In addition, i'd submit the
  • property valuation papers from India, to demonstrate economic ties
  • grandparent's address proof to demonstrate social ties
  • Evidence of parents' government employment (dad's leave approval + pay slips and tax returns for both)
  • 4 months of bank statements for both and balance certificate.
  • a copy of my PGWP (recently approved, needed?)
  • day-by-day visit itinerary with expense estimates, for 3 weeks.
  • As my documents have my mom's new surname, and her's have her maiden surname: her marriage certificate + my birth certificate + my passport copy (Should I explicitly talk about this in LOE?).
  • (Needed?) My offer letter and salary?
What do you think? Please let me know if anything I should know or should look into.

Best Regards,
Anir

(A2A : @bellaluna @canuck78 )

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna, (and other members if you read this!)
Hope you're doing fabulously well!

Time to apply for parent's visitor visa for my convocation (June 11) :)
trying to do all that was suggested. Please advise if I should add/remove things.

The finances, now look like this (CAD):
Dad: 12K (Salary account) + 4K (LIC) = 16K
Mom:
6K (Savings account) + 10K (FD) + 2K (Salary account) = 18K

In addition, i'd submit the
  • property valuation papers from India, to demonstrate economic ties
  • grandparent's address proof to demonstrate social ties
  • Evidence of parents' government employment (dad's leave approval + pay slips and tax returns for both)
  • 4 months of bank statements for both and balance certificate.
  • a copy of my PGWP (recently approved, needed?)
  • day-by-day visit itinerary with expense estimates, for 3 weeks.
  • As my documents have my mom's new surname, and her's have her maiden surname: her marriage certificate + my birth certificate + my passport copy (Should I explicitly talk about this in LOE?).
  • (Needed?) My offer letter and salary?
What do you think? Please let me know if anything I should know or should look into.

Best Regards,
Anir

(A2A : @bellaluna @canuck78 )
You've missed most of the suggestions that I had given in January

Reactions: scylla

waheguruji88

Mar 5, 2019
@Bryanna.
I would like to know yours suggestion on our case. My sister sent us invitation letter to attend her convocation which will be held in June.
I am prepaing file for my parents first if their trv will be approved then i will apllly for my brother and i can't apply for trv because i am waiting for my ppr from Cic as QSW.
My mother is govt.teacher. hers salary statement for last 6 months+Gpf fund 8lakhs+intent to leave letter received stamp by department if visa will approved+salary account having 50thousands. Is it sufficient for her???

My Father is farmer. Properity valuation+ joint account with mom having balace 5.5lakhs. Is it ok??

These days i am too worried. I think i should hire a consultant to approve trv. Please suggest me.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna.
I would like to know yours suggestion on our case. My sister sent us invitation letter to attend her convocation which will be held in June.
I am prepaing file for my parents first if their trv will be approved then i will apllly for my brother and i can't apply for trv because i am waiting for my ppr from Cic as QSW.
My mother is govt.teacher. hers salary statement for last 6 months+Gpf fund 8lakhs+intent to leave letter received stamp by department if visa will approved+salary account having 50thousands. Is it sufficient for her???

My Father is farmer. Properity valuation+ joint account with mom having balace 5.5lakhs. Is it ok??

These days i am too worried. I think i should hire a consultant to approve trv. Please suggest me.
1. How long do they want to visit?

2. Has your sister applied for PGWP yet?

3. Do post their complete list of documents

prasuna94

Mar 13, 2019
@Bryanna
I want to apply for visitng visa for my parents to invite them for my convocation which is on May 28.According to the profile of my family I have few questions and hope someone in the forum can help me out . Here goes the details:
1.I am on implied status waiting for PGWP and expecting it soon.I am working in a company as a full time.I have the grad letter and the invitation letter.
2.I want to show the financial proofs as I am sponcering to my parents and my dad is unemployed(has a property and live on rents ) and my mom is a house wife and have a sister who is married and have an infant .
So ,my questions are:
1.Is my father it-returns + (4K CAD in my account in my country) + Property documents enough for visa application?
2.What documents should i show as a proof to my mother as she is a house wife ?
It would be great if someone can give me suggestions of how to improve my application.

Last edited:

waheguruji88

Mar 5, 2019
1. They want to stay there for one month because they will have to present on her job and my father can stay if will have approved near about 2 to 3 months.
2. Yes. She have applied for PGWP and waiting to receive it within a week.
3. Their documents like:
☆All documents filled as checklist. (Please clarify me as document check list there is difference between delhi visa and online update document for family info , what should i fill? As delhi visa office or which shows in our account?)
☆ My mom govt. Teacher, her id as govt.employee, noc, letter of leaving. Gpf showing 8 lakh. Salary statement showing 50 thousands. Income tax returs lasts 2 years. Form 16 also available if u will say i will send it.

☆Mom has joint account with my father showing 5.80 lakh. Dad has near about one crore property to tie home country.
☆ old jewellery and cash in hand 4 lakh.

From sister
Study permit
Work permit letter
A letter from her nottery attested
Birth certificate
Passport
Letter of invitation

But, i dont know to make their day by day plan. Please help me.

aniruddhabhatt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello Bryanna (and people!)

Hope y'all are doing awesome. Not sure if I have been happier than today in a past few months; my parent's TRV for visit got approved today for my convocation as the primary reason :)

I thought I should share my experience with the process:

Documents Submitted
* I am not sure if that worked, but I paid extra attention to formatting of the documents (with table of contents, proper headings for attached documents, straightforward language, polite tone, including my immediate family tree, consistency and got it proof read by friends)

1. Proof of relationship: Passport copies, marriage certificate and my birth certificate.

2. Means of Financial Support (for both dad and mom):
  • Employment letters
  • 3 month Salary Slips
  • 4 month bank statements
  • 2 year tax returns

Demonstrated ~15K CAD readily available for Dad, and ~18K readily available for Mom as follows:
  • Savings account certificate
  • Salary account certificate
  • LIC Investment

* In Form IMM 5257, I wrote ~10K as 'available funds for my stay' in each form.
    ** There were instances of (legit) last minute deposits in both my parent's accounts, and I had explained one of them as maturity of an older family-owned Fixed Deposit). It's not recommended tho I hear.

In addition, ~50K as overall financial situation as follows:
  • PPF Investment certificate
  • Residential property Evaluation

3. Purpose of travel (Other)
My dad wrote a letter (one page) introducing him and my mom i.e. profession and feasibility of travel. Talked about the purpose (my convocation), a basic tentative itinerary (3 weeks, but didn't mention expected expense).

Attached documents to demonstrate social ties like leave approval letter, grandparent's identity proof to show they live at the same address, Employment letter and my graduation letter.

4. Invitation Letter
I wrote this letter (1 page) explaining my basic information, one paragraph about inviting my parents to convocation, parent's information, and attached copies of my Work permit, Job Offer Letter and Graduation Letter.

Timelines
Online Application Submitted: March 17
Received Biometrics Letter: March 18
Biometrics submitted: March 28
Biometrics confirmation: March 29
Application reached IRCC office (through VAC): March 31
Approval received: April 2

(@Bryanna, Sorry for not being able to take all your suggestions, but luckily the idea worked with as much I could improvise.Thanks a lot for the insights and the support! Many wishes to you)

Hope this post can help prospective applicants.

Cheers,
Anir

Last edited:
Reactions: 2b.or.not.2b

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
A big thank you to all specially to you @Bryanna the TRV application for attending my son's convocation has been approved. Cheers, Good luck to all and God bless.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
A big thank you to all specially to you @Bryanna the TRV application for attending my son's convocation has been approved. Cheers, Good luck to all and God bless.
Absolutely fantastic. So glad that you will be able to attend this major milestone in your son's life :):)

Did you daughter get an approval too?