+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV processing in NY Canada Consulate - Recent

kate_c

May 2, 2013
hi satitcud40, I received the same reply as yours. Please keep me posted if you receive yours. Good luck!

satitcud40 said:
I applied in person on March 22. I wrote an email to them on May 2 and received this.

In regards to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada, please note that your application has been received and is in queue for processing.

Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization. Should you wish to travel urgently and recover your passport, you may send us an email request to withdraw your application (include WITHDRAW in the subject line).

I hope I will get it back soon.

satitcud40

May 12, 2013
I know we both are very close. So, if anyone else submitted their applications around the same time as ours, please do share your timelines with us as well. Thanks in advance!

satitcud40

May 12, 2013
kate_c said:
hi satitcud40, I received the same reply as yours. Please keep me posted if you receive yours. Good luck!
Did you hear from them today at all? A friend of mine applied online on March 25 and he got an email saying that they will return his documents to him shortly, so I don't know if ours will be back soon. I wrote to him last night but there was no reply from them to me today.

kate_c

May 2, 2013
not yet.

I faxed them this morning.
Did you receive the file number in their reply?
They provided the file no. XV ... in their reply, but it seems useless.

satitcud40 said:
Did you hear from them today at all? A friend of mine applied online on March 25 and he got an email saying that they will return his documents to him shortly, so I don't know if ours will be back soon. I wrote to him last night but there was no reply from them to me today.

kate_c

May 2, 2013
A girl from FB telling she walked in the NY Consulate and got both the passport and visa back successfully.

https://www.facebook.com/CanadainNY

any ideas?

satitcud40 said:

satitcud40

May 12, 2013
kate_c said:
not yet.

I faxed them this morning.
Did you receive the file number in their reply?
They provided the file no. XV ... in their reply, but it seems useless.
Yes, I got the file number in the reply as well. I started to see that people whose files got in on March 20 have had their passports on the way back to them already, so we are very very very very close. It is just when. Best of luck to both of us. I will email them again tonight.

satitcud40

May 12, 2013
dman91 said:
Got this reply:

Thank you for your email. Please note your application has been finalized and all your documents will be returned to you shortly.
Hi dman91,

Did you receive your passport from the consulate yet? My application arrived two days after yours did and I am still waiting. Thanks!

plutocupid

Apr 30, 2013
still waiting for my passport
Limit for patience
Received on April 23 and I need my passport
Is there anybody who withdrew application got their passport returned, if so what's the process
I want to withdraw from that insane embassy

abc0987

May 6, 2013
i am still waiting for my passport.
the passport effectively should have reached on 25th and i posted it on 23rd april.
anyone who got a passport back let us know if the embassy emails you if it has been sent post visa stamping.

thanks

satitcud40

May 12, 2013
kate_c said:
A girl from FB telling she walked in the NY Consulate and got both the passport and visa back successfully.

any ideas?
I got this reply from them this morning.

Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization. Should you wish to travel urgently and recover your passport, you may send us an email request to withdraw your application (include WITHDRAW in the subject line).

They didn't mention that my application is in queue for processing, so I assume that it is being processed right now. I am waiting very anxiously for it to finally be shipped back to me. Please update me if you hear anything back from them. Thanks!

mimiko

May 8, 2013
got email today said that they are processing the passport recieved on may 1st., but no passpost return still.

abc0987

May 6, 2013
i just emailed the consulate with the details and they replied back instantly that the passport was shipped yesterday with my tracking #.
it just got delivered today.
I am surprised at the quick response and greatly appreciate it.
Good luck to you all!

it took almost 42 days for the processing to get completed from online submission to passport return :)

srip

May 13, 2013
Hi abc0987,

What is the e-mail to NY consulate .? I e-mailed them about my online TRV application and I haven't got any response from them.

Would follow-up for an online application help to speed up the process anyway .?

Does it help if we walk into the NY consulate with the application number and passport .?

Thanks in advance.