+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (online) applied outside Canada November 2017,Please share your status here!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey @Bryanna :) Just wondering once security checks are done and passed ( dunno when that will be! lol), how long does it typically take for the final review to happen and what do they normally check in that. Do most people who have passed security get the visa shortly after if there is no interview?
IMO, it would happen pretty quickly. After security checks are completed, visa office staff will assign your file to a visa officer who will review it and make a decision. So, basically the time factor would depend on assigning an officer to your file

Reactions: kira260

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
@Bryanna @Mrmoody90 @kira260

Can you guys please guide me as to whether travel itenary is important and required to be attached with online visitor visa application ??

And if yes, whether it should be real one or fake air tickets.

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE

I submitted refundable ( return) tickets, which I already got my refund for since It has been 6 months my visa is in processing because of Security Checks. I suggest refundable, it costs a bit more but definitely worth it. I also put in a day-to-day travel itinerary so they know exactly what my intentions are in Canada. I think it doesn't harm to include this. The more specific you are about your trip and the purpose, the better.

the rest the professionals can advise :)

Reactions: adv.rishab

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Nope it’s Been a week again. God knows what the hell they're doing ..... they **** need another couple of months :mad: :mad:
It’s been almost a month since my file got transferred to Riyadh office.

I’m gonna call on Monday again !!!

@Bryanna what should I do now :(
Did you hear ANYTHING yet?

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Nope it’s Been a week again. God knows what the hell they're doing ..... they **** need another couple of months :mad: :mad:

OMG... I absolutely feel for you.
I hope you get an answer weather it’s a visa or a refusal really hope you just get out of this limbo.

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Yeah... I mean what they wanna take out of it......
but I would be really happy after wasting a complete year, they should grant me visa.
OMG... I absolutely feel for you.
I hope you get an answer weather it’s a visa or a refusal really hope you just get out of this limbo.

Reactions: kira260

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Yeah... I mean what they wanna take out of it......
but I would be really happy after wasting a complete year, they should grant me visa.
Every time I have a question or query and just feel like whining on this forum for some comfort... and I’m really hesitant to say my application has only been live for a week... I remember how long you’ve been waiting, then I just sit back and try to tough it out .

Reactions: kira260 and Bryanna

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
On another note ,
I just realized when we were uploading our documents we didn’t get a letter of explanation tab so I put my letter of explanation in the “ reasons for travel and other” i think that’s what the tab was called.

Would that be an issue??
Is their something I can do about it?

Another point is : my husband’s biometrics was uploaded but mine still says need your fingerprints ... I called the VO and they said that’s normal .

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
If I’m not wrong I think I’m the only one waiting from early 2017 on the forums.

Every time I have a question or query and just feel like whining on this forum for some comfort... and I’m really hesitant to say my application has only been live for a week... I remember how long you’ve been waiting, then I just sit back and try to tough it out .

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Yeah that should be fine.... you did the right thing...

Don’t stress about the biometrics sometimes they update in couple of days or in some cases they can take up to of weeks.

On another note ,
I just realized when we were uploading our documents we didn’t get a letter of explanation tab so I put my letter of explanation in the “ reasons for travel and other” i think that’s what the tab was called.

Would that be an issue??
Is their something I can do about it?

Another point is : my husband’s biometrics was uploaded but mine still says need your fingerprints ... I called the VO and they said that’s normal .

Reactions: Zigzag85

Ankit1986

May 1, 2018
IMO, it would happen pretty quickly. After security checks are completed, visa office staff will assign your file to a visa officer who will review it and make a decision. So, basically the time factor would depend on assigning an officer to your file
Hi. How do we get to know from the online tool if security checks are completed or now? What exact status will be updated for us to reach this conclusion ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi. How do we get to know from the online tool if security checks are completed or now? What exact status will be updated for us to reach this conclusion ?
If background checks are not required then the status would be "Not applicable'. You would know when background checks are completed when the status is updated to reflect the same. Sometimes, the status may not change

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

I'm super curious to know why it's taking so long in your case. Quite honestly, I've run out of guesses :)

Do call again on Monday. Hope they have good news for you (and hope your interview has been waived off)