+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (online) applied outside Canada November 2017,Please share your status here!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna i am wondering if I should submit a PCC now? Someone told me if I had submitted a PCC initially it would have been safer as it might have avoided the security verifications. Would it speed up the process somehow?
No, don't.

IRCC would have already contacted the police and other authorities for your background checks. Also, police/criminal records aren't the only checks which are done

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
No, don't.

IRCC would have already contacted the police and other authorities for your background checks. Also, police/criminal records aren't the only checks which are done
Okay, yeah I figured they are not doing criminal checks since its security but my representative says it doesn't hurt to submit. Then again she hasn't been much help at all! This forum has been more helpful ;)

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
@Bryanna

Ok so bryanna another "ghost" update in my CIC account. I checked last night and there was nothing... same status (Submitted).
I just checked again and the status shows (Updated) after checking it was all same again...

What do you think now ?

Thanks

@Bryanna

Last edited:
Reactions: kira260

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
It's New Delhi for online applications in India. Your friend is one of the lucky ones, I wonder how they checked his criminal background in 1 day!!! How do they know if he's not a criminal? Not saying he is but just an example!!
Hi Kira, not everyone goes through that stage. It’s a random selection or people who falls on their doubt list.

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Hi Kira, not everyone goes through that stage. It’s a random selection or people who falls on their doubt list.
That's my point. Should not be random selection. What does a person have to submit / look like to not be doubted at all and be approved within 24h. Did he submit a PCC?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Yes @kira260 I really hope so INSHALLAH.

Bcoz before I never had any kind of updates ever like in months n months.

But not in 2 weeks 2 “ghost” updates.

You’ll get soon too :)

The first time I applied I got a lot of ghost updates and then right after boom a decision. So u will be getting a decision maybe this week or the next!

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
@Bryanna or any other expert

How many days it take to get the passport back from VFS Mumbai after submitted (for visitor visa) ?

Can we consider 2-3 weeks, not more than that ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh, forgot to mentioned, we applied online and now they requested passport, I am going to submit that on upcoming Monday,
So, its still a week ?
If the passport is submitted on Monday, it will be couriered/will reach the Bangalore consulate on Tuesday. All going well, you can expect the passport back by the end of next week (I doubt it though). I think there is a greater likelihood that you will get the passport back by early/mid of Week2 April

EMtl

Feb 20, 2018
Yes, that's doable.

There were cases where processing took even more than one year because of background checks.... but those were TRVs for visitors who had worked in the defense services/police, etc in their home country.

CanadaEHCabada is the only other recent case which is similar to yours
Many thanks! I just learned about GCMS notes, which it seems that I could order, being in Canada now. Would ordering them be of any use?