+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (online) applied outside Canada November 2017,Please share your status here!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am applying for my parents' tourist visa. My mother's passport has her thumb impression instead of a signature because she is illiterate.

Can you please advise what to do with the signature fields in the application. Is thumb impression allowed in forms? If not, what is the way out?

Thanks,
Yogesh
Your mom must sign her name, particularly for the Family Information form. Even a basic handwritten sign (you could teach her to write her name) will suffice.

You must not sign the forms like as if she is signing them because then that would be forgery

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Your mom must sign her name, particularly for the Family Information form. Even a basic handwritten sign (you could teach her to write her name) will suffice.

You must not sign the forms like as if she is signing them because then that would be forgery
Her passport has thumb impression which means she is illiterate. I can teach her to write her name but that will contradict the passport thumb impression.

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016

Since she is a co-applicant with my dad, I am thinking of a letter of explanation from my father stating that she can not sign (As clear from her passport) and instead she is putting her thumb impressions. is this the right way forward?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Her passport has thumb impression which means she is illiterate. I can teach her to write her name but that will contradict the passport thumb impression.
She cannot put a thumb print for the Family Information form. If she does not 'sign' the Family Information form, her application will be considered as incomplete and returned.

Her only option is to at least handwrite her name. Also, someone can learn to write at any time

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
She cannot put a thumb print for the Family Information form. If she does not 'sign' the Family Information form, her application will be considered as incomplete and returned.

Her only option is to at least handwrite her name. Also, someone can learn to write at any time
Thanks, Bryanna, should she attach a letter of explanation that she has learned to write after getting the passport. And can the signature be in her native language?

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Yes, she can include the explanation.

Her signature/handwritten name can be in her native language
Final Question... Do you think the letter of explanation will highlight the issue? Should I just upload the signed forms and not give any LOE?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Final Question... Do you think the letter of explanation will highlight the issue? Should I just upload the signed forms and not give any LOE?
Her signature/handwritten name is a very small - but important - component of her application. It won't hurt to include the LOE. So best to simply do it

Cute girl

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Sometimes it says not applicable but they still do it. My application also said not applicable but then after calling found out it was undergoing background check. After some time my online application status changed.

Your husband should call the IRCC call center in Canada to get a status on the automated service. It will tell you the real status.
Well its true.. Actually my spousal sponsership also in process and NVDO got my application a month ago.
My representactive sent an enquiry but ircc have not replied yet..

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Well its true.. Actually my spousal sponsership also in process and NVDO got my application a month ago.
My representactive sent an enquiry but ircc have not replied yet..
So you applied for a TRV and Spousal sponsorship at the same time?

Jan 2, 2018
My visa got rejected on grounds of
travel history and strong ties in canada as I would not return back,whereas my sisters are settled in canada since 94,I would have gone and settled many years ago on family sponsorship,but I didn't and I am leaving behind my two daughters aged 9 & 2 years with my mom,my trip is purely a trip to attend family lohri (birthday) function,should I reapply again,do I have to submit all documents again or only the querried ones?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
My visa got rejected on grounds of
travel history and strong ties in canada as I would not return back,whereas my sisters are settled in canada since 94,I would have gone and settled many years ago on family sponsorship,but I didn't and I am leaving behind my two daughters aged 9 & 2 years with my mom,my trip is purely a trip to attend family lohri (birthday) function,should I reapply again,do I have to submit all documents again or only the querried ones?
Sorry to hear! Actually your sisters could not have sponsored you because you cannot sponsor siblings unless you are orphaned. Order the CAIPS notes or apply again based on the refusal letter reasons and provide stronger evidence.

Jan 2, 2018
Sorry to hear! Actually your sisters could not have sponsored you because you cannot sponsor siblings unless you are orphaned. Order the CAIPS notes or apply again based on the refusal letter reasons and provide stronger evidence.
should I submit all documents again or only the asked ones when applying again

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
After i got my file no, i have applied for trv. so then, me and my husband could live together and could wait for my pr but i think Its just useless to do so.

Ahh ok... well the purpose of a trv is short term so I think if you didn't show that you are just coming for a short visit might be a problem! But might not be. You just have to wait and see.