+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV from NYC...more than 30 days?

freakingout

Apr 3, 2012
Oh finally! Really hope I can hear from them soon. I forgot to send them an extra prepaid envelope so I have no way to track whether they sent mine back :(

singlanamita said:
Hi All,

I just got a reply from the consulate that my passport has been mailed today. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks,
Namita

singlanamita

Mar 26, 2012
Sending by normal post will take little bit more time. I would recommend you to fax them a letter and itinerary around April 11 - 12.

Thanks,
Namita

freakingout said:
Oh finally! Really hope I can hear from them soon. I forgot to send them an extra prepaid envelope so I have no way to track whether they sent mine back :(

G_T

Mar 29, 2012
Thanks for keeping us updated Namita. Looks like the turnaround time is 25 days in the New York office.

akashc123

Mar 24, 2012
Hello All,

I originally started the thread. I still haven't received any response from the NYC consulate office. I went there in person and have sent them 2 emails. Feb 25 - Apr 09, 2012 and counting...

When I went there in person, the security officer didnt allow me to go ahead...he urged me to write an email and the consulate would reply back. I have since then sent two emails but no response. At this point I dont care too much about the visa, I want my passport back.

Thoroughly dissapointed by their unprofessional attitude.

Thanks,
AC

G_T

Mar 29, 2012
I would suggest emailing them back with this in the subject line: "Visa Status Requested - Waiting for more than 40 days for passport"

G_T

Mar 29, 2012
One quick question for you -- did you complete an online application, including the bar code page 5?