+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV from NYC...more than 30 days?

akashc123

Mar 24, 2012
Hi,

I have submitted an application for multiple entry for me and my wife on 2/29/2012 by postal mail. Got a USPS confirmation. Since we are h1-B visa holders in US, I also submitted my original I-797 copy as they had requested in the documents checklist.

I am concerned because 1. its been a month 3/24/2012 that I havent received my passport back and
2. I have I-797 originals along with application package.

I followed the NYC embassy through email and personal visit, no response.

Reading through quite a few experiences on the blog, it seems like it is very much possible that it might be double of the stipulated time for NYC center processing ( 30 days mentioned on the website).

Greatly appreciate some words of advice on possible steps.

Thanks,
AC

singlanamita

Mar 26, 2012
I also mailed my application on March 9th and they received it on March 12th. I haven't heard anything from them yet. Please let me know when you get your passports back. You can open SR on their website after 30 days. Also, I think they mentioned that they will reply to your emails after the posted processing time has passed.

singlanamita

Mar 26, 2012
I haven't received my passport yet. However, they responded to one of my emails and asked about my details. I provided them the details but never heard back from them.

G_T

Mar 29, 2012
What email address did you use? Please do let me know when you get back your passport.

freakingout

Apr 3, 2012
Did anyone receive a response from them?
I'm very worried. I'm an foreign student in Boston with F1 visa, I sent in my passport and all required documents on 23rd March and they received it on 26th March. I NEED my passport back on 28th April for a flight on 29th April and cannot risk it coming back later than that. Sent them emails but no response. I'm starting to have nightmares about them at night now. I booked everything for my trip starting 29th April and cannot afford to cancel and lose all the bookings.

If I take the risk and just drop by the embassy in NYC to collect it do you think they will let me?

singlanamita

Mar 26, 2012
I haven't received my passport yet and neither can I track it on USPS website. I also have plans to travel in April and need my passport and other papers back. I am also very tensed and feel trapped. I sent them 5 emails and got only one response where they asked about my details. I provided the details but never heard back. I hope they will issue me visa this week and send my passport back.

freakingout

Apr 3, 2012
You said you followed the NYC embassy through email and personal visit, did you drop by the embassy? If so, were you able to talk to anyone and what did they say?

Do we know if we can choose to go to the embassy to collect our passport in person instead of waiting for it by mail. This is really worrying me.

singlanamita said:
I haven't received my passport yet and neither can I track it on USPS website. I also have plans to travel in April and need my passport and other papers back. I am also very tensed and feel trapped. I sent them 5 emails and got only one response where they asked about my details. I provided the details but never heard back. I hope they will issue me visa this week and send my passport back.

singlanamita

Mar 26, 2012
I never visited the embassy in New York. I only tried to contact them via email. I do not know if visiting the embassy personally will help or not.

freakingout said:
You said you followed the NYC embassy through email and personal visit, did you drop by the embassy? If so, were you able to talk to anyone and what did they say?

Do we know if we can choose to go to the embassy to collect our passport in person instead of waiting for it by mail. This is really worrying me.

freakingout

Apr 3, 2012
I see. Good luck and keep me posted!

singlanamita said:
I never visited the embassy in New York. I only tried to contact them via email. I do not know if visiting the embassy personally will help or not.

singlanamita

Mar 26, 2012
Sure, I will let you know when I get my papers back! BTW, I am from Boston too. You still have some time before you decide to go to New York.

freakingout said:
I see. Good luck and keep me posted!

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just to share my experience:

I know the feeling of waiting :( as it happened to me and lots of people as well...I did my application in Seattle, posted that processing time is 30 days. I applied mine Feb14, received at Seattle office Feb 15, sent them emails like 10 times I think, responded once..then my last email is March 29, I'm really really upset, I told them that my passport is taking so long, and my trip is coming very soon, what's going on, it's been more than 30 business days..finally, the net day march 30, they sent out my passport thru my return FEdex envelope... I know the feeling..really :( but for sure it will come out. we will just hope it will be very soon and before your trips....best of luck....

singlanamita

Mar 26, 2012
Hi All,

I just got a reply from the consulate that my passport has been mailed today. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks,
Namita