+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (From inside Canada)

moiz_a52

Nov 12, 2018
Hi,

I have applied online for a TRV (From inside Canada) on 3rd October '18. I already have my valid Work Permit which expires in Dec 2020 which I received last year i.e. Dec '17. It's been almost 60 days I have no response, no status change on my online TRV application. I even tried calling CIC and they say the status of my application is in progress. I also emailed on the ottawa's cic email id (cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca) and they replied me back stating,

'Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.'

Now my question is, would it be advisable to withdraw my application and then reapply for the TRV?

Just FYI, my application status is still on the step stating, 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements' from last two months.

If you can please help Bryanna on my request, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I have applied online for a TRV (From inside Canada) on 3rd October '18. I already have my valid Work Permit which expires in Dec 2020 which I received last year i.e. Dec '17. It's been almost 60 days I have no response, no status change on my online TRV application. I even tried calling CIC and they say the status of my application is in progress. I also emailed on the ottawa's cic email id (cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca) and they replied me back stating,

'Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.'

Now my question is, would it be advisable to withdraw my application and then reapply for the TRV?

Just FYI, my application status is still on the step stating, 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements' from last two months.

If you can please help Bryanna on my request, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
When did you get the email from CPC-O?

moiz_a52

Nov 12, 2018
When did you get the email from CPC-O?
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for your reply, I got the email from CPC-O on 27th Nov '18. Just to update you one more thing, I had called CIC again on 28th Nov. The representative told me that if you don't get any reply till 30th Nov you can call us back again in 1st week of December and then we can do something from here. But I really don't understand that.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for your reply, I got the email from CPC-O on 27th Nov '18. [n soon
IMO, you could expect a decision soon as your file is in the queue for review.

Just to update you one more thing, I had called CIC again on 28th Nov. The representative told me that if you don't get any reply till 30th Nov you can call us back again in 1st week of December and then we can do something from here. But I really don't understand that.
No idea what assurances the agent is making. I think you will get a decision by next week

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
Hi,
I am in same boat. Applied on October 29. (PGWP Valid = July 2021). I Called CIC, agent said that she sent a note to visa officer as processing time is already passed. No reply. Then last week i sent a CSE and got the reply that as per your call a note has been already sent to visa office on Nov xx. So if you dont get reply untill 90 days then contact us back.
Dont know, what to do in that situation !!

moiz_a52

Nov 12, 2018
IMO, you could expect a decision soon as your file is in the queue for review.

No idea what assurances the agent is making. I think you will get a decision by next week

Hi Bryanna,
So when they say 'in queue for review by an officer', it means it is still in the queue, as waiting right? But it may not have been touched something like that?

So should I wait for the whole week to maybe get a decision or should I give a call to CIC again today requesting an update on my file? What would be your opinion on this?

Thank you.

moiz_a52

Nov 12, 2018
Hi,
I am in same boat. Applied on October 29. (PGWP Valid = July 2021). I Called CIC, agent said that she sent a note to visa officer as processing time is already passed. No reply. Then last week i sent a CSE and got the reply that as per your call a note has been already sent to visa office on Nov xx. So if you dont get reply untill 90 days then contact us back.
Dont know, what to do in that situation !!

Hmm I understand it really worries me as well.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,
So when they say 'in queue for review by an officer', it means it is still in the queue, as waiting right? But it may not have been touched something like that?
It means that other internal/external processing has been completed.... and the file is in the queue to be assessed/final decision to be made by a visa officer.

So should I wait for the whole week to maybe get a decision or should I give a call to CIC again today requesting an update on my file? What would be your opinion on this?
You can ask the CIC agent to let you know the current status

moiz_a52

Nov 12, 2018
It means that other internal/external processing has been completed.... and the file is in the queue to be assessed/final decision to be made by a visa officer.

Thank you Bryanna.

moiz_a52

Nov 12, 2018

Hi Bryanna,

I had called CIC agent yesterday and they told me that they had already messaged IRCC on 27th Nov and in return they messaged the CIC agent that they still need time to review my file. However, I went through my IMM5257 form yesterday and realized that I had made a mistake while filling Education details where I mistakenly wrote my recent education details instead of highest education details. Would that be a reason for the delay?

Also when I had filed my work permit application last year I had properly filled my highest education details maybe that would be a concern?

What should I do in this case Bryanna?
Thank You.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I had called CIC agent yesterday and they told me that they had already messaged IRCC on 27th Nov and in return they messaged the CIC agent that they still need time to review my file. However, I went through my IMM5257 form yesterday and realized that I had made a mistake while filling Education details where I mistakenly wrote my recent education details instead of highest education details. Would that be a reason for the delay?
I don't think this is the reason for the delay.

Also when I had filed my work permit application last year I had properly filled my highest education details maybe that would be a concern?

What should I do in this case Bryanna?
Just for peace of mind: You can send an email to CPC-O to inform them about this

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
Moiz: any Update?
No update from my side. I did fill out 5257 & Schedule 1 (optional) form as well. I have travel history in between my stay in Canada. May be that would have triggered the Background checks etc.

moiz_a52

Nov 12, 2018
Moiz: any Update?
No update from my side. I did fill out 5257 & Schedule 1 (optional) form as well. I have travel history in between my stay in Canada. May be that would have triggered the Background checks etc.
No update on my application as well. Does it says in your application when you login into cic that Background check in progress?