+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

am13470

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Quebec
I (SP) and my wife (WP) applied For TRV on 15 Jan 2021. My wife received her ppr on 16 July and her review starts 10 days before the ppr. For me, no review is started, and waiting for ppr. So frustrating :(

• Sad
Reactions: jacko1995

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Hey I applied on April 6…
I didn’t get PPR yet…
But my father’s health is not good so its really very urgent for me to see him…
I already booked my tickts for 24th aug
What to do i have no idea
Its so depressing
Hii Nishu,

if it is medical urgency, you are good to go..Dont worry..Raise webform and attach doctor' note with that..Leave Canada on time..Family is more important than being in Canada..it is upto IRCC then..in any condition, you are safe to re-enter into Canada after that..No one can stop you. Dont worry..

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
No nothing, I don't think they are working in this kind of applications now, because even last year that covid was worst I received my TRV in 4 months.
There was public policy in place for limited processing of TRV applications however there is recently update that allows each visa office to decide on their own regarding their processing capacity.

These program delivery instructions align with the ministerial instructions (MIs) that are in effect from February 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021. While processing, to the extent possible, will continue for temporary resident visa (TRV) applications, intake has been limited, until further notice, to applications submitted online (with exceptions for those with a disability who cannot apply online). Information about the new cohorts of applicants who are exempt from the requirement to submit a TRV application using electronic means can be found at Temporary residence: COVID-19 program delivery.

Applications will continue to be prioritized for those who are eligible to travel based on the current travel restrictions; this includes both new applications and applications that are currently in progress. TRV application fees still apply.

Reference:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/visa.html

Update on 30th June:

June 30, 2021

The instructions have been updated to align with previously published instructions on processing open temporary resident visa (TRV) applications during the pandemic:

• Open TRV applications for applicants who are not eligible to travel to Canada during the pandemic can now be processed to a final decision.
  • Offices can determine to what extent they have the capacity to process these non-priority applications.
Reference:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2021-covid-temporary-resident-visas.html

I think they will start processing TRV application with full processing capacity on September 30, 2021 when this public policy ends.

Last edited:

Merald Ferro

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
There was public policy in place for limited processing of TRV applications however there is recently update that allows each visa office to decide on their own regarding their processing capacity.

These program delivery instructions align with the ministerial instructions (MIs) that are in effect from February 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021. While processing, to the extent possible, will continue for temporary resident visa (TRV) applications, intake has been limited, until further notice, to applications submitted online (with exceptions for those with a disability who cannot apply online). Information about the new cohorts of applicants who are exempt from the requirement to submit a TRV application using electronic means can be found at Temporary residence: COVID-19 program delivery.

Applications will continue to be prioritized for those who are eligible to travel based on the current travel restrictions; this includes both new applications and applications that are currently in progress. TRV application fees still apply.

Reference:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/visa.html

Update on 30th June:

June 30, 2021

The instructions have been updated to align with previously published instructions on processing open temporary resident visa (TRV) applications during the pandemic:

• Open TRV applications for applicants who are not eligible to travel to Canada during the pandemic can now be processed to a final decision.
  • Offices can determine to what extent they have the capacity to process these non-priority applications.
Reference:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2021-covid-temporary-resident-visas.html
Ok understand, so do we have to send any webform, or doesn't work for us inside Canada? thnx

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Ok understand, so do we have to send any webform, or doesn't work for us inside Canada? thnx
You can try sending web form but I think it works for some people and it's not working for few people. They are already working on TRV applications right now but I think not with full processing capacity. The good thing is at least they started processing TRV application with limited capacity for regular traveler who is not travel exempt. I know most people here need TRV for essential travel only as their family members are sick, etc and anything else can't be more important than these reasons for travel. I feel bad when people here are not able to travel when their family members needs them the most. I think they should have unit who can properly review the request for travel exemption and categorize accordingly. I don't think that anyone will submit fake doctor's note just to go back to their home country for vacation. That's just my view.

Last edited:

Merald Ferro

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
You can try sending web form but I think it works for some people and it's not working for few people. They are already working on TRV applications right now but I think not with full processing capacity. The good thing is at least they started processing TRV application with limited capacity for non essential travel. I know most people here need TRV for essential travel only as their family member, etc and anything else can't be more important than these reasons for travel. I feel bad when people here are not able to travel when their family members needs them the most. I think they should have unit who can properly review the request for travel exemption and categorize accordingly. I don't think that anyone will submit fake doctor's note just to go back to their home country for vacation. That's just my view.
Yes you right

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Hi all,

I had applied online on Feb 14, 2021. My eligibility review started today and I just received passport request message. I hope you will get it soon. I had just raised web form few days ago but they did not reply. I applied inside Canada and I am still in Canada. Thank you.
That's a great news :)

Reactions: manu001

Zioussama

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Hi i left canada on December 2020 after applying for my work permit i get it on January but without VRT so i applied for it in 8 march nothing til now( webform raised ...) , my question is do i will have a problem because it's more than 7 months i'm outside of canada i'm depressed
Thank you for your help

urvishmehta92

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Hi i left canada on December 2020 after applying for my work permit i get it on January but without VRT so i applied for it in 8 march nothing til now( webform raised ...) , my question is do i will have a problem because it's more than 7 months i'm outside of canada i'm depressed
Thank you for your help
No,You don't have any problems. You might need to go for medical but I don't think you will face any issues. You will most likely hear from them in month or so by looking at their time line. I am just guessing. I applied on 11th Feb but no response yet. BTW, You applied from outside Canada,So, Timeframe will be different,It differs from country to country.Check yours.

link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Reactions: Zioussama