+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
For people who have received the PPR and are outside Canada, are you just submitting the passport to your local VAC? Is there anything else you need to do?

I applied for my TRV on Feb 7th inside Canada and am now in Pakistan as I had to leave Canada due to an emergency. I'm hoping that I get my PPR in a few weeks seeing other updates for people with similar timelines.

I am not in a hurry and so am thinking of not submitting any webforms - but just wanted to be sure that I can submit my passport to the local VAC here in Pakistan once I get the PPR.

Do I need to inform IRCC that I am not in Canada right now?
People from India have successfully done so but not sure if its the same for Pakistan too. If I were to be sure I would have done the same but just don't want to take the risk.....If you end up going, do raise a webform stating you would like to have your visa stamped from local VFO in Pakistan....and please don't forget to update the thread so others know it would work with Pakistan too...

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
People from India have successfully done so but not sure if its the same for Pakistan too. If I were to be sure I would have done the same but just don't want to take the risk.....If you end up going, do raise a webform stating you would like to have your visa stamped from local VFO in Pakistan....and please don't forget to update the thread so others know it would work with Pakistan too...
I confirmed with an IRCC agent, they said it would work in Pakistan too. However, if it gets refused while we are there, we would be screwed big time.

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
I confirmed with an IRCC agent, they said it would work in Pakistan too. However, if it gets refused while we are there, we would be screwed big time.
That's good to know. Its been 186 days for me since I applied, so at this point I am reluctant to take the risk and rather waiting for the PPR request.

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hi everyone, I applied for my TRV from inside Canada on Jan 4th, 2021 and no updates since then. My Bridging work permit is going to expire soon and I plan on applying for a new one since my PR is still under process. What happens to my TRV application in this case? Can I send a webform with the new work permit (once I get it) and keep my current application or will I have to cancel my TRV and apply again?

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi everyone, I applied for my TRV from inside Canada on Jan 4th, 2021 and no updates since then. My Bridging work permit is going to expire soon and I plan on applying for a new one since my PR is still under process. What happens to my TRV application in this case? Can I send a webform with the new work permit (once I get it) and keep my current application or will I have to cancel my TRV and apply again?
Don’t cancel your TRV…once you get your new work permit, just raise a webform. Also raise a webform under ur trv application once you have applied for the WP stating you have applied for another WP.

Coming to your Trv timeline, did you talk to any IRCC agent or raised any webform? Its been over 200 days for you