+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

anikethd02

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi, a question please. I am planning to go to my home country this June, but I haven’t got any update regarding my application for visitor’s visa (I applied inside Canada). Is it possible to just wait outside Canada for the approval of the visitors visa? Or should I submit an application again (outside Canada)? Thank you
If you have a job in Canada then no need to wait if it's urgent. Travel to your home country and then request to prioritize your application.

Tyagiji

Aug 24, 2018
Need experts update my wife was travelling from India to Canada on 28 of April but due to flights bans she was unable to travel again flight suspended till 22 June

my problem is travel exemption latter as per her letter she was able to travel between 11 March to 11 June but due to flights cancelled she can’t fly before 11 June . What should I do next
Pls advice
Thanks

leyley

Dec 8, 2020
My app was submitted on Dec 2020 and it was approved today. However, instead of being asked to mail my passport, I got asked to provide an Immigration medical report. This is weird because I am inland all time and I have not heard of any of my friend being asked for IME for a visitor visa.

Anyone received the same request?

Cath621

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
I got Passport request on 28 April, TRV applied on 16 Jan inside Canada. Travelled to INDIA and then raised a request to prioritize processing.
Hi, could I ask how did you request? by webform or emailing? And how many times you raised the request? And how long you have to wait after the request to get PPR?

I applied on Jan 28 inside Canada and sent webforms to prioritize processing. Received their response acknowledging they have received the docs but no updates after that. Not even a ghost update. Panicking.

Thanks!

anikethd02

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi, could I ask how did you request? by webform or emailing? And how many times you raised the request? And how long you have to wait after the request to get PPR?

I applied on Jan 28 inside Canada and sent webforms to prioritize processing. Received their response acknowledging they have received the docs but no updates after that. Not even a ghost update. Panicking.

Thanks!
Hello... Webform may not work for prioritizing. I sent an email & raised a request using the following link and received PPR in 2 weeks. In the request, explain how you meet the criteria for travel restriction exemption, explain the reason for their non-discretionary/non-optional travel and submit acceptable proof like job letter, payslips, rent receipts, Tax return.
Weblink: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis
Email: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Cath621

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Hello... Webform may not work for prioritizing. I sent an email & raised a request using the following link and received PPR in 2 weeks. In the request, explain how you meet the criteria for travel restriction exemption, explain the reason for their non-discretionary/non-optional travel and submit acceptable proof like job letter, payslips, rent receipts, Tax return.
Weblink: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis
Email: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I've sent to this email and will raise a request using the link today. Will see how it goes.

Reactions: anikethd02

Cath621

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Did you send job letter.?
I did. I sent my signed job offer letter (but that's months ago when I accepted my current job), an employment reference letter signed by my supervisor, my recent 3 paystubs, and a utility bill to show I normally live in Canada. Plus I have my son who is a Canadian citizen inland, so I also sent his birth certificate and his Canadian passport.

Apr 6, 2021
Toronto
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Finally received my passport request on 20 May!!
applied on 23rdJanuary, received confirmation the very next day, travelled to the US in April, I received a job offer 10 days ago, using webform I sent a request to expedite but nothing happened, exactly one day before receiving PPR I sent an email toIRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and received PPR in 24 hours, i dint have any emergency case, just sent the offer letter.
So I would suggest to e-mail instead of raising a webform.

kumar55

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
applied on 23rdJanuary, received confirmation the very next day, travelled to the US in April, I received a job offer 10 days ago, using webform I sent a request to expedite but nothing happened, exactly one day before receiving PPR I sent an email toIRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and received PPR in 24 hours, i dint have any emergency case, just sent the offer letter.
@Pratikshajoshi I have a curious question, were you in the US when it got approved ?
ANy idea for inside Canada people this webform and email will work ? or is it only when you are outside Canada?

Cath621

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
congrats! I agree the webform may not work.. It has been 20days since I raised the webform.
But it is impressive that they approved right after you emailed. I saw ppl get ppr around 10-15 days after emailing.

Cath621

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
@Pratikshajoshi I have a curious question, were you in the US when it got approved ?
ANy idea for inside Canada people this webform and email will work ? or is it only when you are outside Canada?
I saw somewhere in this forum saying it is only for those outside Canada. If you need to travel outside Canada, just do so and email them right after you arrive the other country.

Shubhsen

May 27, 2021
Hello all
I applied for trv inside Canada on Jan 16th. I had to come back to india. I have been waiting to hear from ircc on my application. Yesterday I sent them an email and raised the new webform for priority processing of visitor visa applicants outside Canada who are restrictions exempt. Can someone share what I can expect next like my file being transferred to India or are they going to request biometrics again or anything else?

Pjjack

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hello all
I applied for trv inside Canada on Jan 16th. I had to come back to india. I have been waiting to hear from ircc on my application. Yesterday I sent them an email and raised the new webform for priority processing of visitor visa applicants outside Canada who are restrictions exempt. Can someone share what I can expect next like my file being transferred to India or are they going to request biometrics again or anything else?
I applied for TRV on Feb 8th and came to India I raised a webform on April 16th and sent an email as well with proof that I am exempt from travel. I received ppr on April 29th. They didn’t ask for biometrics and my application was processed within Canada. If you provided them with the right documents as proof that you’re exempt from travel restrictions then you’ll get ppr request within 2-3 weeks.