+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

canadacec2021

Feb 15, 2021
I had my TRV stamped. The TRV process was a long and tiresome journey from online submission to stamping. Hope you all will find the whole timeline insightful.

Jan 12, 2021: TRV application raised online from Canada
Mar 02, 2021: Raised webform #1 for emergency processing due to medical emergency back in India
Mar 04, 2021: Flew from Canada to India
Mar 18, 2021: Webform #1 acknowledged as received. No action taken.
Mar 24, 2021: Raised webform #2 for emergency processing with more set of documents
Apr 09, 2021: Mailed IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca citing reasons why the application should be expedited
Apr 10, 2021: Webform #2 acknowledged as received. No action taken.
Apr 12, 2021: TRV application transferred to IRCC New Delhi for further processing
Apr 14, 2021: Emailed delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca requesting to expedite process the application and citing reasons/documents that family and active job are back in Canada.
Apr 15, 2021: General reply back from IRCC New Delhi. No action taken. In the meantime regularly used Twitter and Facebook for communicating with New Delhi IRCC. Nothing happened. Some poor fellow on the other end just copy-pastes general reply every time.
Apr 19, 2021: Delhi IRCC and VACs declared closed for indefinite time due to ongoing Covid and curfew in Delhi. At this time, I was losing all hope to get back to Canada.
Apr 20, 2021: Passport request received. Probably mailing IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions worked.
Apr 22, 2021: Canada declared all direct flight cancellations from India. Emirates suspended all flights from India.
Apr 23, 2021: Decided to travel to United States for Visa stamping. Had previous chats/emails with LA IRCC and NYC IRCC and both confirmed that visa stamping can be done in any consulate around the world irrespective of where it has been processed/approved. Just that you have to be legally present in that country.
Apr 26, 2021: Reached USA and emailed for passport submission formalities. Payment link sent immediately by VFS. After the Payment was made by me, VFS emailed back 2-way FedEx courier label. Process was super fast.
Apr 28, 2021: Mailed passport and other required documents to Los Angeles VAC
Apr 29, 2021: Package reached Los Angeles VAC
Apr 30, 2021: Passport sent to IRCC Los Angeles. Counterfoil generated. Stamped. And passport is sent back to VAC on the same day.
May 03, 2021: Passport sent back by Los Angeles VAC to my USA address
May 04, 2021: Stamped Passport received. The end to end process in USA took 1 week.

kumar55

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
I had my TRV stamped. The TRV process was a long and tiresome journey from online submission to stamping. Hope you all will find the whole timeline insightful.

Jan 12, 2021: TRV application raised online from Canada
Mar 02, 2021: Raised webform #1 for emergency processing due to medical emergency back in India
Mar 04, 2021: Flew from Canada to India
Mar 18, 2021: Webform #1 acknowledged as received. No action taken.
Mar 24, 2021: Raised webform #2 for emergency processing with more set of documents
Apr 09, 2021: Mailed IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca citing reasons why the application should be expedited
Apr 10, 2021: Webform #2 acknowledged as received. No action taken.
Apr 12, 2021: TRV application transferred to IRCC New Delhi for further processing
Apr 14, 2021: Emailed delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca requesting to expedite process the application and citing reasons/documents that family and active job are back in Canada.
Apr 15, 2021: General reply back from IRCC New Delhi. No action taken. In the meantime regularly used Twitter and Facebook for communicating with New Delhi IRCC. Nothing happened. Some poor fellow on the other end just copy-pastes general reply every time.
Apr 19, 2021: Delhi IRCC and VACs declared closed for indefinite time due to ongoing Covid and curfew in Delhi. At this time, I was losing all hope to get back to Canada.
Apr 20, 2021: Passport request received. Probably mailing IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions worked.
Apr 22, 2021: Canada declared all direct flight cancellations from India. Emirates suspended all flights from India.
Apr 23, 2021: Decided to travel to United States for Visa stamping. Had previous chats/emails with LA IRCC and NYC IRCC and both confirmed that visa stamping can be done in any consulate around the world irrespective of where it has been processed/approved. Just that you have to be legally present in that country.
Apr 26, 2021: Reached USA and emailed for passport submission formalities. Payment link sent immediately by VFS. After the Payment was made by me, VFS emailed back 2-way FedEx courier label. Process was super fast.
Apr 28, 2021: Mailed passport and other required documents to Los Angeles VAC
Apr 29, 2021: Package reached Los Angeles VAC
Apr 30, 2021: Passport sent to IRCC Los Angeles. Counterfoil generated. Stamped. And passport is sent back to VAC on the same day.
May 03, 2021: Passport sent back by Los Angeles VAC to my USA address
May 04, 2021: Stamped Passport received. The end to end process in USA took 1 week.
@canadacec2021 Congratulations, such a tedious process, Glad that finally it worked for you.

Reactions: canadacec2021

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hello Friends,
Happy to inform you that finally I got PPR. However, I haven't received my wife's visa approval yet.

Next, I need to go for visa stamping once passport submission services resume in INDIA which is currently suspended due to lockdown.

Documents submitted: Employment letter, Payslips, Tax Return, Marriage Certificate, Work permit, Rent Receipts.

Timelines:
  1. Application Submission (inside Canada): 16 Jan 2021
  2. Traveled to INDIA: 27 Mar 2021
  3. Informed IRCC to prioritize via Webform, Email & new process (sent multiple requests)
  4. PPR: 28 Apr 2021
Also used the new process to expedite https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis

Along with PPR, I also got a Travel Exemption letter (which will help at the Airport while boarding). The letter states that "Please be advised that temporary foreign workers are exempt from travel restrictions and do not require written authorization from the Government of Canada to travel to Canada by air or land if they’re coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose. Each province may have additional restrictions, please check the(ir) website before travelling".

I am very grateful to each one of you who helped me to prioritize my application. Hope you hear good news soon. Good luck.
Hi, a question please. I am planning to go to my home country this June, but I haven’t got any update regarding my application for visitor’s visa (I applied inside Canada). Is it possible to just wait outside Canada for the approval of the visitors visa? Or should I submit an application again (outside Canada)? Thank you

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi, a question please. I am planning to go to my home country this June, but I haven’t got any update regarding my application for visitor’s visa (I applied inside Canada). Is it possible to just wait outside Canada for the approval of the visitors visa? Or should I submit an application again (outside Canada)? Thank you

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hey. If there is a medical or emergency reason to go back home, IRCC will prioritize your application. Yes, you can wait outside but you will not be able to enter Canada until your TRV is approved. No need to apply again outside Canada, it will just delay your application.

If you don't get a response till next month and you go back home, you must provide sufficient proof (i.e address proof, job, school transcript, lease, etc) to convince them to prioritize your visitor's application.