+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
I applied on September 12. When did you apply? Even it’s very important for me to visit home. :’(
I applied on Sep 30.. but my sixth sense is saying that something is wrong.. as online it says 5 days.. and this never happened with me before.. they havnt even opened the application

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
I applied on Sep 30.. but my sixth sense is saying that something is wrong.. as online it says 5 days.. and this never happened with me before.. they havnt even opened the application
You can probably call them and confirm why it’s taking longer. In case they haven’t start processing you can even withdraw and apply again.

But I’d call them first to know the reason for delay or if there is any update in the coming time.

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
You can probably call them and confirm why it’s taking longer. In case they haven’t start processing you can even withdraw and apply again.

But I’d call them first to know the reason for delay or if there is any update in the coming time.
I tried calling them so many times but I'm not able to reach them. Everytime I call, it says we cannot transfer right now.
Can you please let me know if you submitted IMM 5708e or imm5257? You can check when you login and go to your submitted application because these two are different applications.. one is for visitor record and the other one is for TRV

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
I tried calling them so many times but I'm not able to reach them. Everytime I call, it says we cannot transfer right now.
Can you please let me know if you submitted IMM 5708e or imm5257? You can check when you login and go to your submitted application because these two are different applications.. one is for visitor record and the other one is for TRV
I applied for 5257 and I believe that is the correct one for TRV

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to give you an update. I by mistake filled in the wrong form so I withdrew that application on last Thursday.
I filled in new application for TRV inside canada on Friday (12 oct 2018) and today I received an email that my application has been approved. I am going to send my passport tomorrow and wait for it to come back.
I shall provide you with more update as my file progresses.
Hello mrd3mon, can you please let me knpw which form did you fill out? I filled out 5257 but the name of the form is "application for TRV OUTSIDE Canada', although I'm applying from inside Canada.. did you fill out the same form?

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I applied for 5257 but it says application for TRV OUTSIDE Canada (although I'm inside). Did yours say the same?
Hey,
Don't worry, it is the correct form, it just shows that on the application think its default. We all filled the IMM 5257 form and we all applied within Canada. I applied on august 10.

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hey
One of my friend applied on September 30 and got her visa already. I think there is no queue, its just random how applications get processed. Hang tight, you should get your visa- its just a matter of time. I applied on august 10 and i still haven't heard anything.

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi guys I applied on 17 and got passport request for stamp today. If your application is taking more than 5 days than there is something wrong.

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hey,
Don't worry, it is the correct form, it just shows that on the application think its default. We all filled the IMM 5257 form and we all applied within Canada. I applied on august 10.
Hey Sneha,
When you check your application status online, what does it say? Has your application review started or it does'nt say anything there?