Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi there,

So here is my timeline:
Oct 11: apply TRV
Oct 16: got request to submit passport
Oct 16: send passport to Ottawa w express delivery
Oct 18: my mail got delivered to their office (i follow up using tracking number)
Oct 22: just got update this morning that they approved my visa
And Im still waiting for my passport to get back to me, hopefully will be within this week. ‘Cause Canada post is on rotate strike now so their mailing can be delayed somehow.

So basically it will take about 15-20 days for the whole process, from when u apply ‘till receiving ur passport back.

Hope this help
Hey Linhly I got mine approved Yesterday. Did your tracking number for express post activated?

Ana123456

Oct 12, 2018
Hey Ana,
I applied online : ( on AUGUST 10 : ' ((
I'm sorry to hear! I believe should be very stressful situation.

I read that you called CIC many times.

Did you tell them that the processing time is only 5 days but in your case its taking 75?

Did you complete a Case Inquiry Form? Did they respond?

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I'm sorry to hear! I believe should be very stressful situation.

I read that you called CIC many times.

Did you tell them that the processing time is only 5 days but in your case its taking 75?

Did you complete a Case Inquiry Form? Did they respond?
Hey Ana, you bet I'm super stressed right now. There is literally nothing I can do but wait.
So I sent two CSE both the responses were vague- I even posted their reply in this discussion I think its on page 3 or 4
I only called them twice of which the second time she got all crazy on me.

The agent already sent a message to the case officer on September 27 and she has to wait 3 months to send another message (the agents can only send 2 messages to the case officer).
So, that's my story.

When did you apply?

Ana123456

Oct 12, 2018
Hey Ana, you bet I'm super stressed right now. There is literally nothing I can do but wait.
So I sent two CSE both the responses were vague- I even posted their reply in this discussion I think its on page 3 or 4
I only called them twice of which the second time she got all crazy on me.

The agent already sent a message to the case officer on September 27 and she has to wait 3 months to send another message (the agents can only send 2 messages to the case officer).
So, that's my story.

When did you apply?
I applied on October 19. I applied on paper though.
I send out my application and passport all in the same time. The current processing time says 26 days.

Let's see what's going to happen.

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I applied on October 19. I applied on paper though.
I send out my application and passport all in the same time. The current processing time says 26 days.

Let's see what's going to happen.
Hey Ana,
You should'nt worry unless you have to, give your application about a month and then worry!:) Processing times differ for every application so relax and I am sure you will get it within the given time frame.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Mrd3m0n

Sep 17, 2018
Just an update,
My Visa was approved on 22nd oct and the passport was mailed back to me on 23rd. Since the canada post very conviently decides to go on strike I have no idea when my passport is going to arrive.

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Just an update,
My Visa was approved on 22nd oct and the passport was mailed back to me on 23rd. Since the canada post very conviently decides to go on strike I have no idea when my passport is going to arrive.
How did you know that they mailed you back your passport? Did your express post tracker activated?

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Just an update,
I have flight next weekend

Linhly

Oct 9, 2018
Hey Linhly I got mine approved Yesterday. Did your tracking number for express post activated?
Congrats!!
No Im still waiting for them to send my passport back. I check on tracking number everyday but still nothing updated :(. I’m worry that it wont get back to me soon ‘cause Im leaving begining of November

Linhly

Oct 9, 2018
Just an update,
Hey, how do u know they already mailed back ur passport on Oct 23?!
Mine is approved but stilling waiting for them to send passport back to me. Im flying soon... :(

BeziLei

Oct 21, 2018
Hi There

Is background check the last step? and if it comes back clean it means that they will issue a Visa?

I'm in the 46th day now (normal processing time at the time of my registration was 58 days but now reduced to 42 days) and I already got two application/profile updates (well, ghost updates really)

I assume update means that some VO opened my application and checked it.
Can I assume that after 2 updates, my application is in background check status?
I mean if they wanted to reject my application, they should've already done it after the first or second update. is that correct?