+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
I am surprised that the agent specified a date within 20 days to receive an update! however I believe this is good news! may be they won't ask for any further documents and only ask for your passport though!
Hey AHHABB,
When you check your application status online, what does it say? Has your application review started or it does'nt say anything there?

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hey Sneha,
When you check your application status online, what does it say? Has your application review started or it does'nt say anything there?
I am less motivated to check my status now. Its Saturday today and I bet there is no update.

Also, impatient me contacted the CIC agent and the agent was super pissed. She said-"I know you want your visa,everybody want their visa asap." Its recorded when you last speak to an agent and they use that on you saying - I see you contacted us last on this date-so please don't contact everyday cuz they will update the status if there is anything.
And she she sent a message to the officer on Sep 27 ( asking as to why the application is taking so long) and she didn't get an answer yet and she has to wait another 3 months to send another message). I'm LMAOOOO
p.s I contacted them after a week : ( not everyday.

I will post if i have any update. Please everyone who's applied in the month of August or earlier keep us all updated.

Also, not sorry for the long post. :D

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hey Buddy,
Please don't say that : (
I think they're doing background check for those wh
I am less motivated to check my status now. Its Saturday today and I bet there is no update.

Also, impatient me contacted the CIC agent and the agent was super pissed. She said-"I know you want your visa,everybody want their visa asap." Its recorded when you last speak to an agent and they use that on you saying - I see you contacted us last on this date-so please don't contact everyday cuz they will update the status if there is anything.
And she she sent a message to the officer on Sep 27 ( asking as to why the application is taking so long) and she didn't get an answer yet and she has to wait another 3 months to send another message). I'm LMAOOOO
p.s I contacted them after a week : ( not everyday.

I will post if i have any update. Please everyone who's applied in the month of August or earlier keep us all updated.

Also, not sorry for the long post. :D
Same thing for me - no update whatsoever.
I think they are doing background check and they havn't updated the file. Maybe it depends on the officer who are doing the review maybe - some update and some don't.

Reactions: snehavyas

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Hey AHHABB,
Hey Mo.. it only says we are reviewing weather you are meeting the elligibilty requirements.. that's all, and today I received this automatic email that says there is no updates, so I have been officially waiting for 2 months now

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Hi guys I applied on 17 and got passport request for stamp today. If your application is taking more than 5 days than there is something wrong.
I won't say that.. I think the normal processing time is 5 days, but the system randomly selects few applications for BG check or further investigations.. I would say when you apply you have one of two scenarios getting it very soon a week maximum or there is no spesific time frame.. Good luck all and let's hope for the best

Reactions: snehavyas

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hey Mo.. it only says we are reviewing weather you are meeting the elligibilty requirements.. that's all, and today I received this automatic email that says there is no updates, so I have been officially waiting for 2 months now
You get an automated email that says there is no update?! I don't even get those e-mails

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I won't say that.. I think the normal processing time is 5 days, but the system randomly selects few applications for BG check or further investigations.. I would say when you apply you have one of two scenarios getting it very soon a week maximum or there is no spesific time frame.. Good luck all and let's hope for the best
Are you considering withdrawing and applying again?

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
You get an automated email that says there is no update?! I don't even get those e-mails
I think there was an option first time you signed up to receive these emails, I amn't sure about that because I made my account long time ago! But anyways, it doen't really help...

I dont really think this is the best option, I have been facing many cases with "BG check being processed", so any one who applies has high chances to be like us.. unless you really have good reasons to do so, you still have high chance to stuck again in this situation!

But if anyone tried it and worked for him, I will make it my B plan..

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I think there was an option first time you signed up to receive these emails, I amn't sure about that because I made my account long time ago! But anyways, it doen't really help...

I dont really think this is the best option, I have been facing many cases with "BG check being processed", so any one who applies has high chances to be like us.. unless you really have good reasons to do so, you still have high chance to stuck again in this situation!

But if anyone tried it and worked for him, I will make it my B plan..
Oh okay.
Thank you for your reply. I'm gonna wait too now i guess.

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hey AHHABB,
When did you apply again? Please let me know if you get any update. :)

Linhly

Oct 9, 2018
Hey linhly did you get your passport stamped from Ottawa? How many days does it take them to send us after they receive our passport?
Hi there,

So here is my timeline:
Oct 11: apply TRV
Oct 16: got request to submit passport
Oct 16: send passport to Ottawa w express delivery
Oct 18: my mail got delivered to their office (i follow up using tracking number)
Oct 22: just got update this morning that they approved my visa
And Im still waiting for my passport to get back to me, hopefully will be within this week. ‘Cause Canada post is on rotate strike now so their mailing can be delayed somehow.

So basically it will take about 15-20 days for the whole process, from when u apply ‘till receiving ur passport back.

Hope this help

Reactions: Ana123456