+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
hello all, I am in the same situation, applied for trv from within canada on August 20, after study permit extension, and filled the form IMM5257e, my eligibility review started long time ago, but received no updates at all!
Hi,

Did you receive anything by now?

Mrd3m0n

Sep 17, 2018
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to give you an update. I by mistake filled in the wrong form so I withdrew that application on last Thursday.
I filled in new application for TRV inside canada on Friday (12 oct 2018) and today I received an email that my application has been approved. I am going to send my passport tomorrow and wait for it to come back.
I shall provide you with more update as my file progresses.

Reactions: snehavyas

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I called them last week and wait an hour to talk to a real person. He told me they were doing background verification with international partner. And the process is done and my app is ready to be finalized. But my online status of background check is always "not applicable". Today I get passport request. I guess that is why it is causing delay. Try talk to a real person to get your status, and I think it just a matter of time for background check. Good luck.
Hey,
Congratulations! you applied on Sep 10? and you got your passport request already! Happy for you friend. Please do keep us posted when you get your passport back.

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to give you an update. I by mistake filled in the wrong form so I withdrew that application on last Thursday.
I filled in new application for TRV inside canada on Friday (12 oct 2018) and today I received an email that my application has been approved. I am going to send my passport tomorrow and wait for it to come back.
I shall provide you with more update as my file progresses.
wow :0
you applied when exactly ? and what is the form that you filled?
gosh this is so frustrating. IDK what to do
i applied on aug 10 and i filled the IMM5257 form.
please can anyone suggest what i should do

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I withdrew my previous application and submitted a new one with imm 5257. Now i am pretty sure that my visa wont come before 9th nov. I fucking hate this so fucking much. Wasted money on the ticket too.
SEE? You got your visa before the 9 th of November!
I am the only one left. I applied earlier than all of you guys : (

Mrd3m0n

Sep 17, 2018
wow :0
you applied when exactly ? and what is the form that you filled?
gosh this is so frustrating. IDK what to do
i applied on aug 10 and i filled the IMM5257 form.
please can anyone suggest what i should do
Hey!
I applied on Friday 12 october 2018, the same day I withdrew my other application because of the wrong form. Thanks to you that I changed my form, previously I filled in IMM 5707 and this time I filled the same form as you IMM 5272.

Mrd3m0n

Sep 17, 2018
I know! If possible you should withdraw this application and fill in a fresh one. I dont know why it took them this long to approve the visa. Its been over 2 months and its not normal.

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I know! If possible you should withdraw this application and fill in a fresh one. I dont know why it took them this long to approve the visa. Its been over 2 months and its not normal.
i filled the right application. This is not fair. i am afraid what if i have to wait all this time again if i withdraw and apply once again! : (

But hey, congratulations once again.

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hey!
I applied on Friday 12 october 2018, the same day I withdrew my other application because of the wrong form. Thanks to you that I changed my form, previously I filled in IMM 5707 and this time I filled the same form as you IMM 5272.
you applied for IMM5257 or IMM5272?

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
I called them last week and wait an hour to talk to a real person. He told me they were doing background verification with international partner. And the process is done and my app is ready to be finalized. But my online status of background check is always "not applicable". Today I get passport request. I guess that is why it is causing delay. Try talk to a real person to get your status, and I think it just a matter of time for background check. Good luck.
Congratulations man, I think you are totally right about the background check being applied although it says not applicable; however 2 weeks back when I called them the agent never said anything about that, she just said you should hear something soon, but this hasn't yet happened!

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
I know it's really annoying, I also applied two months ago and heard nothing back! I think it's just matter of time and we will all eventually get it. Don't worry I checked with my school IMM5257 is indeed the right form. I don't think withdrawing the application ans submitting a new one will help if the reason is conducting a hidden background check! but let me know if you decided to try that

Reactions: snehavyas

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I know it's really annoying, I also applied two months ago and heard nothing back! I think it's just matter of time and we will all eventually get it. Don't worry I checked with my school IMM5257 is indeed the right form. I don't think withdrawing the application ans submitting a new one will help if the reason is conducting a hidden background check! but let me know if you decided to try that
Hey,
Thanks for posting. I think I'll pass on withdrawing and submitting again. I am just gonna wait and call the cic and try to speak to an agent before i make any decision. Also, Please let me know if you have any updates on your application.