+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi I called CIC at 1-888-242-2100 today and they told me my app is ready to be finalized, it is just matter of time(Maybe visa officer is on vocation.) Maybe you should call too to ask about your status. I think IMM 5257 is the right form. The call center is busy and you need to call multiple times and wait 20 minutes to get to talk to a real person.
Hey,
You are the one luck person to get connected to the agent. Can you please tell us the date you filed for the TRV? and you applied inside canada right?'
Thank you for the information you shared. Gives us some hope! : )

wfzfreedom18

May 28, 2018
Hey,
You are the one luck person to get connected to the agent. Can you please tell us the date you filed for the TRV? and you applied inside canada right?'
Thank you for the information you shared. Gives us some hope! : )
I applied on Sep 10th inside canada with valid pgwp. Thx.

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi snehavyas, what is CIC response from the CSE inquiry? I just called them today and get my status. It was a very long wait time though. Thx.
Hey,
I sent two CSE, one after each month. Their responses are vague and useless. Let me copy paste the response.
here it goes:
"
Good day Sneha Vyas,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Sonya, Agent 4341
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html'

This was the response. BOTH THE FUCKING TIME!

Mrd3m0n

Sep 17, 2018
Hey,
I am sorry to hear about this. That's a lot of money in the waste. :(So you totally withdrew your application, I hope this time you get the visa faster. its all over from starting again. please do share any updates you get from the CIC.

Can anyone confirm if we have to fill the IMM5257 for inside Canada applications? This is so frustrating.
I hope so too. I just need to talk to an agent and explain my situation. I still have 3 weeks, lets see if i get it before that otherwise its going to get totally wasted. One more thing! Do you know if people in our sitauation can apply for ETA and come back to canada and apply trv later?

Reactions: alirezaa_a2

wfzfreedom18

May 28, 2018
Can you guys please tell me the number combinations you used to get to talk to a real person?
888-242-2100. You can get this number by searching on google too. At first one or two attempt, you will hear they say they get too many calls and cannot transfer your call. Calling again and again until they can transfer to real person. Then you might need to wait another 20-30 minutes. But I think it worth it though. Thank you.

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Thank you guys for your reply and welcoming. Yes I did call them once two weeks ago after struggling to reach an agent, she informed me that they don't require any further documents for my application and that I am withing the average processing time. She also said I should call again in two weeks if I don't get any updates to do follow up, which I am trying to do now....

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I hope so too. I just need to talk to an agent and explain my situation. I still have 3 weeks, lets see if i get it before that otherwise its going to get totally wasted. One more thing! Do you know if people in our sitauation can apply for ETA and come back to canada and apply trv later?
Hey,
I am not sure if we could do that. I would advise to wait or postpone the travel plans and don't book tickets just yet.

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi I called CIC at 1-888-242-2100 today and they told me my app is ready to be finalized, it is just matter of time(Maybe visa officer is on vocation.) Maybe you should call too to ask about your status. I think IMM 5257 is the right form. The call center is busy and you need to call multiple times and wait 20 minutes to get to talk to a real person.
Hey,
I called at the number, and at the end of the pre recorded message they say that the paper application received on may 17 are being processed right now and as for the online applications they are processing application received on June 17 and it takes about 97 days for completing online applications??! :0 what is this??? does anyone hear the same pre recorded message??

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Hey,
I called at the number, and at the end of the pre recorded message they say that the paper application received on may 17 are being processed right now and as for the online applications they are processing application received on June 17 and it takes about 97 days for completing online applications??! :0 what is this??? does anyone hear the same pre recorded message??

Yeah I hear the same message, and I believe this is normal, because I know other friend who applied after me and got in 5 days, and I asked him to call the same number and heard the same message for his application no. I guess this time frame is for visitor extension as appear online, but they provide the same time from for all visitor applications, maybe!

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Also, based on what I read on this website and other websites, sometimes the reason behind this delay is conducting background check. Do you guys mind sharing the status of your background check, as for me it's not applicable.

wfzfreedom18

May 28, 2018
Hey,
Yeah, the automatic message is like that. You need to connect to the real person to get the information.

wfzfreedom18

May 28, 2018
Also, based on what I read on this website and other websites, sometimes the reason behind this delay is conducting background check. Do you guys mind sharing the status of your background check, as for me it's not applicable.
I called them last week and wait an hour to talk to a real person. He told me they were doing background verification with international partner. And the process is done and my app is ready to be finalized. But my online status of background check is always "not applicable". Today I get passport request. I guess that is why it is causing delay. Try talk to a real person to get your status, and I think it just a matter of time for background check. Good luck.

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
I called them last week and wait an hour to talk to a real person. He told me they were doing background verification with international partner. And the process is done and my app is ready to be finalized. But my online status of background check is always "not applicable". Today I get passport request. I guess that is why it is causing delay. Try talk to a real person to get your status, and I think it just a matter of time for background check. Good luck.
Can you please share your timeline?