+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Honestly i think it was redirected cause i saw my final postal code was a bit different. (K1G). U don’t have to worry! The mail carries there carry these mails to cic all the time and I’m sure they know their stuff. When did you send your passport? And what does it say on your cic account? Did you get a counterfoil issued to you ?
I see.. yes the postal code for 2303 Stevenage Drive is K1G 3W1. Thank you very much for replying. I sent my passport yesterday and it says it got delivered today via fedex tracking. I also got the signature. Nothing got updated on my cic account yet. Did you get yours? What was your timeline

am13470

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Quebec
Hello everyone,

I applied for TRV from within Canada and mailed the passport with Canada Post (Xpresspost) during the strike, so here's my timeline:

- November 2nd: submitted the application
- November 22nd: received passport request
- November 22nd: mailed the passport to Ottawa from Vancouver,BC
- November 30th: Passport received by CIC
- December 3rd: Received my passport back

Hope it helps!
Hi,
Is following address is the right address to send the passport by regular mail or Canada Post Xpresspost?

Temporary Resident Visa Section
CPP - Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

My Timeline,
- November 16th: submitted the application for TRV VISA Inside Canada
- December 05th: received passport request

ssalehan

Nov 22, 2018
Thanks for your reply! :)
I called Canada Post and they mentioned that they’ve never seen CIC return back a passport through regular mail, due to liability issues. Does anyone have any insights on that? I feel like regular mail will take forever right now :(

shayan1992

Oct 9, 2018
Thanks for your reply! :)
I called Canada Post and they mentioned that they’ve never seen CIC return back a passport through regular mail, due to liability issues. Does anyone have any insights on that? I feel like regular mail will take forever right now :(
your not the ony one , there are alot of other people who have done this . i was at the UPS store yesterday and the lady said that alot of people are sending the UPS return envelope, however i did send the canada post xpresspost return envelope inside the UPS one.

ssalehan

Nov 22, 2018
your not the ony one , there are alot of other people who have done this . i was at the UPS store yesterday and the lady said that alot of people are sending the UPS return envelope, however i did send the canada post xpresspost return envelope inside the UPS one.
I just don't know if they're using the UPS envelope to send the passports back! :( Did they say anything about that? Are they receiving any?

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
I just don't know if they're using the UPS envelope to send the passports back! :( Did they say anything about that? Are they receiving any?
Hey ! I don’t think they will return it via UPS. Better call CIC and try to see if something can be done

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hello everyone!
After getting the whole city worried about my visa I finally have something good to share

I applied for a TRV inside Canada after getting my open work permit on August 10
On October 30 I got an update asking for my medicals ( weird I know)
November 23 I got the passport request finally.
Hello @snehavyas
Hey Zeeali,
I sent my passport the same way you did. I prepaid for an express post and used UPS to send my passport.

last update i have is that my passport is in ottawa. I will post if i have any more updates
Hello @snehavyas , did you receive your passport?

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
I will visit UPS to send my passport and passport request letter to cic. What is the location of the cic, is it the first choice or the 2nd choice below? I guess its the 2nd but im only checking. Another question, where can I buy a prepaid xpress canada post envelope? Can I buy it from UPS ? Thanks

1. If sent by regular mail or Canada Post Xpresspost

CPP - Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

2. If sent by private courier (only)

CPP-Ottawa (e-Application)
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
Hello everyone
I have a question regarding foam submission, i am on open work permit to apply for TRV i filled out questionnaries it gives me IMM 5257 and schedule 1 foam both says visa from outside canada i want to know is this the right foam or i am making some mistake thanks

Yaroslav22

Nov 24, 2018
Hello everyone
I have a question regarding foam submission, i am on open work permit to apply for TRV i filled out questionnaries it gives me IMM 5257 and schedule 1 foam both says visa from outside canada i want to know is this the right foam or i am making some mistake thanks
It's all good. They didn't bother changing names

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014

visabee11

Jul 6, 2014
Hey ! I don’t think they will return it via UPS. Better call CIC and try to see if something can be done

Anybody know if this is accurate, I sent my passport along with a fedex return label (prepaid). Going to Vancouver. I did not send a xpress post return envelope due to the ongoing strike? On the IRCC website they mention you can send a prepaid envelope with a courier of choice.

Is there any chance my passport will be sent by fedex? If not how long does it take for the mail to arrive to Vancouver given the strike situation?

ssalehan

Nov 22, 2018
Hey guys! How long does it usually take for the passport to get stamped and be sent back? They received mine on the 7th and they still haven’t sent it out. :(

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
OMG GUYS! I did something SO stupid!!!!! I sent my passport through UPS express post but sent a return envelope for UPS. I'm so freaked out because my ticket is booked for Dec 25, and I don't think my passport will come back by then if they send it by REGULAR mail!!!! :( Can I do anything at all? Can I mail them an express post envelope with my info? Has anyone been in this situation before? I'm freaking out so much.
I did the same exact thing Today! and my ticket is also booked on the 25th of December hahahahaa. The UPS employee told me that many students are doing this and it is working well for them. Any update about your case? Please let me know! Thanks

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Hey guys! How long does it usually take for the passport to get stamped and be sent back? They received mine on the 7th and they still haven’t sent it out. :(
What private courier did you use for the sending and returning? It is too early I guess. Dont worry! hope all goes well for you