not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
Hello
Is anyone experience ghost update yesterday i received a mail that my cic account has been updated i checked it nothing was there

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Hello Guys,
I am sharing my final timeline hoping this may help anybody:
Applied TRV inside canada August 20,
Additional document request November 1,
Passport request November 26,
Passport sent November 28, (Xpress canadapost)
Passport received at Ottawa November 30,
Account CIC updated December 4,
Return tracking number activated December 10,
Passport received at home December 11...

Please refer to my post below for more details:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-from-inside-canada-normal-processing-time-has-passed.556554/page-18#post-7403562

Best of luck all

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hello Guys,

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-from-inside-canada-normal-processing-time-has-passed.556554/page-18#post-7403562

Best of luck all
Thank you very much for sharing this @AHHABB
When you say 'Account CIC updated' on December 4, you mean the date when they issued the document? The counterfoil with the document number?

ssalehan

Nov 22, 2018
What private courier did you use for the sending and returning? It is too early I guess. Dont worry! hope all goes well for you
Hey! I sent it through UPS and sent a return UPS express envelope too. But I think the UPS person lied to me - I haven’t yet met a single person who received their passport through UPS :(
I have actually lost all hope because regular Canada Post will take sooo long and my passport hasn’t even left!

ssalehan

Nov 22, 2018
Hello Guys,

Best of luck all
Hey! Thanks for sharing :)
Was this through express Canada post?

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hey Guys,
I am sorry for posting this so late
my timeline is as follows:

Applied for TRV inside Canada after receiving my open work permit
Applied on August 10
Update asking for medical check : October 31
Passport request : November 23
Passport sent on 26 November
Passport delivered 27 November
Return tracker was activated on December 6 Thursday and i received my passport on the same day.

*It took me close to 4 months to get my visa/passport in hand after applying. There is no timeline for applications that get selected for further background checks. All you gotta do is wait.
Contacting CIC in my case did no help to me nor sending a web form.

*Make sure they get the additional document when they ask-because when they asked me for my medicals- even after uploading it online in my account they were not able to see the document even after 15 days post uploading. Make sure you send it via all ways you know ( email, web form, contacting CIC agent)

*Do not make plans to travel or book tickets unless you have your passport stamped with visa with you in your hand!!

Thank you all
I hope you all get you visas and passport soon : )

Reactions: Yaha14

ssalehan

Nov 22, 2018
Hey Guys,
I am sorry for posting this so late
my timeline is as follows:

Applied for TRV inside Canada after receiving my open work permit
Applied on August 10
Update asking for medical check : October 31
Passport request : November 23
Passport sent on 26 November
Passport delivered 27 November
Return tracker was activated on December 6 Thursday and i received my passport on the same day.

*It took me close to 4 months to get my visa/passport in hand after applying. There is no timeline for applications that get selected for further background checks. All you gotta do is wait.
Contacting CIC in my case did no help to me nor sending a web form.

*Make sure they get the additional document when they ask-because when they asked me for my medicals- even after uploading it online in my account they were not able to see the document even after 15 days post uploading. Make sure you send it via all ways you know ( email, web form, contacting CIC agent)

*Do not make plans to travel or book tickets unless you have your passport stamped with visa with you in your hand!!

Thank you all
I hope you all get you visas and passport soon : )
Hey Sneha! Thanks for letting us know. I’m the person who made the UPS mistake, did you send yours through Canada Post? The only reason why I ask is because I think they’ll send mine through regular Canada post. I’m in Vancouver .

Reactions: 17ha15

Bounces88

Dec 12, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I read people comments on this forum and find some hilarious, I applied for my Trv on the 22nd of Nov, passport requested on the 30th , sent pp using Ups with a Ups return label , passport received on the 3rd of Dec , application approved on the 6th with counter foil valid same day , Ups returned tracking number activated on the 11th of Dec , passport received today. I hope this helps , thank you.

Bounces88

Dec 12, 2018
Hey Sneha! Thanks for letting us know. I’m the person who made the UPS mistake, did you send yours through Canada Post? The only reason why I ask is because I think they’ll send mine through regular Canada post. I’m in Vancouver .
Dnt be worried you will receive your passport with the Ups return label . I got mine today .

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
I received this e-mail from IRCC after contacting them via e-mail. I guess they don't return my passport via UPS and only by Canada post.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your application and the effects of the postal service disruption and can confirm that IRCC will only return your passport through regular mail or Xpresspost. Prepaid envelopes from a private courier company will not be used to return your passport.

However, if you wish to use the services of a private courier company to send your passport to the responsible office, we invite you to consult our list of IRCC offices in order to find their address.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

Sincerely,

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Hi, any update on your case? I have the same case as yours. Thanks

ssalehan

Nov 22, 2018
I received this e-mail from IRCC after contacting them via e-mail. I guess they don't return my passport via UPS and only by Canada post.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your application and the effects of the postal service disruption and can confirm that IRCC will only return your passport through regular mail or Xpresspost. Prepaid envelopes from a private courier company will not be used to return your passport.

However, if you wish to use the services of a private courier company to send your passport to the responsible office, we invite you to consult our list of IRCC offices in order to find their address.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

Sincerely,
Omg that’s so annoying! Why do they keep doing this with us? I have no updates so far, except for the counter foil yesterday. Will let you know :(
I emailed them too so they’ll probably give me the same response as you.

ssalehan

Nov 22, 2018
Hi, any update on your case? I have the same case as yours. Thanks
Plus to be honest, the people who respond to our emails are probably the ones who answer our phones. And they will always give us the same response. So let's just wait and see what happens. So far, I have no updates, HOPEFULLY my UPS tracker becomes active today/tomorrow.

Thanks! :)

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Hi
I applied for trv inside Canada via online on 20th dec. Ineed to fly on 14 jan for home.
Hopefully i receive my trv soon

am13470

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Quebec
Hi
I applied for trv inside Canada via online on 20th dec. Ineed to fly on 14 jan for home.
Hopefully i receive my trv soon
It will be very tough for you to get your passport back before your trip. I am also waiting for my passport. I applied on Nov 16. Visa approved on Dec 17. I will be fly on 13 Jan.