+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

I applied for TRV from within Canada and mailed the passport with Canada Post (Xpresspost) during the strike, so here's my timeline:

- November 2nd: submitted the application
- November 22nd: received passport request
- November 22nd: mailed the passport to Ottawa from Vancouver,BC
- November 30th: Passport received by CIC
- December 3rd: Received my passport back

Hope it helps!
Hey,
Thanks for sharing this with us!

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
Hello everyone,

I applied for TRV from within Canada and mailed the passport with Canada Post (Xpresspost) during the strike, so here's my timeline:

Hope it helps!
Hey Marinacan, how did you know that cic received the passport on Nov 30th ? Like I sent mine through UPS with Canada post enclosed return envelope and only knew cic received the passport through the UPS tracker. Also i called cic and they said they received it but my account doesn’t show any notifications that they infact did receive the p

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

Hope it helps!
Thank you so much for sharing this. So it might take some time to receive the passport request..Thank you again!

shayan1992

Oct 9, 2018
Thank you so much for sharing this. So it might take some time to receive the passport request..Thank you again!
guys a quick question : if i want to send passport using UPS then do i have to include a normal canada post returning envelope or the same UPS returning envelope ?

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
okay, so i can ups but the returning envelope should be canada xpress post right ?

and also if i am using UPS do i send it to different address than the normal address we send it to for canada post ?
Yes you’re right. The adress is slightly different. Cic website has the adress for “private courier only” location.

shayan1992

Oct 9, 2018
guys, do you know if i can pick up the passport from canada post office and tell them not to deliver it to the address because i am moving tomorrow from the adderss on the returning address .

ssalehan

Nov 22, 2018
OMG GUYS! I did something SO stupid!!!!! I sent my passport through UPS express post but sent a return envelope for UPS. I'm so freaked out because my ticket is booked for Dec 25, and I don't think my passport will come back by then if they send it by REGULAR mail!!!! :( Can I do anything at all? Can I mail them an express post envelope with my info? Has anyone been in this situation before? I'm freaking out so much.

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
OMG GUYS! I did something SO stupid!!!!! I sent my passport through UPS express post but sent a return envelope for UPS. I'm so freaked out because my ticket is booked for Dec 25, and I don't think my passport will come back by then if they send it by REGULAR mail!!!! :( Can I do anything at all? Can I mail them an express post envelope with my info? Has anyone been in this situation before? I'm freaking out so much.
I’ve never heard them send it back through private courier. It says in the link for a specific scenario where IRCC hasn’t resumed using Canada Post. I say mailing them a Xpresspost envelope and explaining your situation in a letter enclosed might help. Add in your ppr request as well and your document number
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1291&top=4[/QUOTE]

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Canada Post!
Hey @Zeeali0915 , can you please do me a favor (if possible). Can you please check via your UPS tracking or please call UPS to see if your package was delivered to 365 Laurier Avenue West or was it sent to 2303 Stevenage Drive instead? I used fedex and fedex told me that the private couriers redirect all the mails from 365 Laurier Avenue West, K1A 1L1 to 2303 Stevenage Drive. Will really really appreciate if you can let me know.. Im getting really worried as I have my flight booked for next Saturday. I just emailed CPC Ottawa.. not sure how long the gonna take to respond.

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
Honestly i think it was redirected cause i saw my final postal code was a bit different. (K1G). U don’t have to worry! The mail carries there carry these mails to cic all the time and I’m sure they know their stuff. When did you send your passport? And what does it say on your cic account? Did you get a counterfoil issued to you ?