+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse sponsorship application in process

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes ! Thanks !

I am also hoping for PR application decision as Pre-arrival has been received more than 3 weeks ago.

Suppose there is an interview before PR is granted and we informed the CIC on time, does she has to get back to home country or interview can happen in Canada?

Thank You,
Dev
Do think positive. No interviews (at least that it seems like so far). Her PR is almost certain anytime

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
Hi Bryanna,

One more thing, if I plan for my spouse's trip next week and do not want to worry about PR requests coming to present country address, can I inform CIC beforehand that address of applicant will be changing from next week so they send request based on Canadian address. I want to avoid a situation that applicant arrives here and just during that time any update on PR application comes and applicant has to go back to home country.

I hope my question is clear. Please provide some advice on this so as to avoid such situation.

Many thanks,
Dev

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

One more thing, if I plan for my spouse's trip next week and do not want to worry about PR requests coming to present country address, can I inform CIC beforehand that address of applicant will be changing from next week so they send request based on Canadian address. I want to avoid a situation that applicant arrives here and just during that time any update on PR application comes and applicant has to go back to home country.

I hope my question is clear. Please provide some advice on this so as to avoid such situation.

Many thanks,
Dev
Now, it's really time you STOP overthinking and imagining the worst.

Your wife won't be the first person who has been granted a TRV while her spousal PR app is close to a DM stage. Your wife won't be the first spouse who will be submitting her passport in-Canada for her PR.

You cannot inform IRCC about your wife's change in mailing address beforehand. That's misrepresentation. Is there a problem for this change in mailing address?

I'm unable to understand why you guys cannot appreciate that she has been granted a TRV. If her TRV was refused, it would have been an issue. Now that she's got a TRV, it is an issue o_Oo_O

Reactions: Empsam and vinayk

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
Now, it's really time you STOP overthinking and imagining the worst.

Your wife won't be the first person who has been granted a TRV while her spousal PR app is close to a DM stage. Your wife won't be the first spouse who will be submitting her passport in-Canada for her PR.
Hey Bryanna,

My only issue with TRV is that I am not sure of what to do in a situation where I am. I appreciate that TRV is approved but I think timing is merging with PR application final steps. No doubt this situation has been created by me.

You cannot inform IRCC about your wife's change in mailing address beforehand. That's misrepresentation. Is there a problem for this change in mailing address?
I want to inform CIC that my wife will be reaching here on a certain date which I will support with Air ticket. Does that sound better?

I'm unable to understand why you guys cannot appreciate that she has been granted a TRV. If her TRV was refused, it would have been an issue. Now that she's got a TRV, it is an issue o_Oo_O
:) Thanks for your support

Priyasash

Jan 11, 2019
Hello
Hey Bryanna,

My only issue with TRV is that I am not sure of what to do in a situation where I am. I appreciate that TRV is approved but I think timing is merging with PR application final steps. No doubt this situation has been created by me.

I want to inform CIC that my wife will be reaching here on a certain date which I will support with Air ticket. Does that sound better?

:) Thanks for your support
can

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
Can you tell me in detail what are all the documents u have submitted for your spouse trv ?
Hi Priyasash,

I followed the cic website for TRV related documentation. Please check it there but in short
1. Prove strong ties to country for applicant i.e. Job related letters e.g. Salary slips, letter from employer confirming employment status, letter for leave approval.
2. Provide tax returns or statements
3. Provide financial status of applicant i.e. bank statements, any assets on applicants name.
4. Letter from Sponsor in Canada for support during applicant's stay.
5. Itinerary document providing brief about trip details. Better to choose short term stay e.g. 1 or 1.5 months.
6. If there is PR application in progress then choose the reason to visit wisely. Mention reasonable facts i.e. visiting to find out job prospects before arriving as PR to save time etc.

Note: Do not over document and do not undermine any mentioned documents or facts by CIC.

Hope that helps ...

Reactions: Priyasash

Priyasash

Jan 11, 2019
Hi Priyasash,

I followed the cic website for TRV related documentation. Please check it there but in short
1. Prove strong ties to country for applicant i.e. Job related letters e.g. Salary slips, letter from employer confirming employment status, letter for leave approval.
2. Provide tax returns or statements
3. Provide financial status of applicant i.e. bank statements, any assets on applicants name.
4. Letter from Sponsor in Canada for support during applicant's stay.
5. Itinerary document providing brief about trip details. Better to choose short term stay e.g. 1 or 1.5 months.
6. If there is PR application in progress then choose the reason to visit wisely. Mention reasonable facts i.e. visiting to find out job prospects before arriving as PR to save time etc.

Note: Do not over document and do not undermine any mentioned documents or facts by CIC.

Hope that helps ...
Thanks a lot for replying.
Actually I don't own any assets or property, I have shown only my savings as cash . Will that create any impact in my trv ? And I am an outland applicant of PR too. My eligibility requirement is been reviewed. Waiting for the file transfer. Can you please tell me what is the next step and how many days it ll take for the next phase?

Thank you Dev..

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
Thanks a lot for replying.
Actually I don't own any assets or property, I have shown only my savings as cash . Will that create any impact in my trv ? And I am an outland applicant of PR too. My eligibility requirement is been reviewed. Waiting for the file transfer. Can you please tell me what is the next step and how many days it ll take for the next phase?

Thank you Dev..
It may or may not, these factors can depend on officer to officer or case to case.
But having non-movable assets is plus otherwise other financial records should be good.
Also employment plus family relations (in explanation letter explain your family ties, add some pictures of immediate family member in home country and also workplace pictures if any).
Explain your relation with sponsor to prove point of visit.

Good luck

Reactions: Priyasash

Priyasash

Jan 11, 2019
It may or may not, these factors can depend on officer to officer or case to case.
But having non-movable assets is plus otherwise other financial records should be good.
Also employment plus family relations (in explanation letter explain your family ties, add some pictures of immediate family member in home country and also workplace pictures if any).
Explain your relation with sponsor to prove point of visit.

Good luck
Thanks a lot

Boolbool

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Hi Bryanna,

My spouse's TRV application has been approved while PR is in progress.

So hopefully after getting passport submitted she will get it within a week or so. Do you have any idea about the duration?

Once she is here I have to inform CIC s that her PR request is sent in Canada only.

What documents I have to send to CIC once she is here? I hope it is not a lot of documents i.e. updating the forms sent earlier in Sponsorship application.

Please share your knowledge about after steps of TRV approval for a person with PR in process.

Thanks for your support
Hi :)
Excise me how long did it take for ir yrb to get accepted? I apploed fore more than a month now and didnt get feedback yet, while processing time is 25 days, also i communicated with them theu webinquiry form and no responce. Called cic they said its being processed outside canada so theu dont have the status... so i need to know why its taking longer then processing time and why they dont care to reply mywebform even!

Deepbrar10

Jul 26, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Just a question. My Wife PR file is under process now and has just got transfered to delhi and I am thinking to apply for TRV.
My question is Does letter from MP from Canada will help to make the TRV application much strong ?
I can get MP personal gurantee letter to confirm her return after few days.
Please answer

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello Everyone,

Just a question. My Wife PR file is under process now and has just got transfered to delhi and I am thinking to apply for TRV.
My question is Does letter from MP from Canada will help to make the TRV application much strong ?
Please answer
No, the MP cannot get involved in the approval of a TRV.. MP have zero influence in the approval process. They can call to see if there is a delay in the application, but it is not their mandate to get involved in whether or not a visa will be approved, it is called undue influence, aka whether or not you know someone in the Government to get something. If that was the case, it would not be fair to others who did not have contact with a MP, everyone is treated the same, regardless whether a MP can give a guarantee or not
Note; and what is the MP going to do if she does not go home ? The VO knows the guarantee won't hold up

Last edited:

Deepbrar10

Jul 26, 2019
Ok Thanks for answering the question. So it there are good chances to get TRV. Have anyone recently tried or should I wait a answer from NDVO ? If it will take only 3 months for PR application then I don’t care. But everyone says Delhi take much longer Time. Is there any Idea on recent times ?

Kavvi

Aug 6, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Please answer
Hi, could you please tell me when was your application submitted and when did you get the AOR?