+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse sponsorship application in process

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
Notarizing won't add any value, nor will it help
OK ! Thanks Bryanna, You have been very helpful to me.

I think I have a couple of last questions :) .

1. Does TRV refusal affects the PR application in process ? Or any other complications ?
2. Assuming TRV is granted and spouse is here and then we get request to submit passport for PR application. Can we change VISA office to Canada rather than home country of applicant ?
What is suggested in such cases ?

Thanks for your time, grateful for your help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
OK ! Thanks Bryanna, You have been very helpful to me.
You're welcome :)

I think I have a couple of last questions :) .

1. Does TRV refusal affects the PR application in process ? Or any other complications ?
It won't affect the PR application if she is refused just 1-2 times. And, of course, the TRV refusal was not for misrepresentation.

2. Assuming TRV is granted and spouse is here and then we get request to submit passport for PR application. Can we change VISA office to Canada rather than home country of applicant ?
She/you would need to inform IRCC about the change in residence/mailing address. Her passport can be sent to CPC-Ottawa, not necessary to send the passport to a India visa office when she gets a PPR for her PR app

Thanks for your time, grateful for your help.
She would want to include evidence of her RN + that she is the family caregiver for your mom + a doctor's note + any other evidence that she takes care of your mom's health and her well-being

Reactions: Devarudy

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
You're welcome :)

It won't affect the PR application if she is refused just 1-2 times. And, of course, the TRV refusal was not for misrepresentation.

She/you would need to inform IRCC about the change in residence/mailing address. Her passport can be sent to CPC-Ottawa, not necessary to send the passport to a India visa office when she gets a PPR for her PR app

She would want to include evidence of her RN + that she is the family caregiver for your mom + a doctor's note + any other evidence that she takes care of your mom's health and her well-being
Thanks for your time ....

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for your time ....

Hi Bryanna,

Someone experienced with immigration cases told me that applying for TRV when PR application in progress might delay the PR application by 2 to 3 months. Have you come across such cases where delay happened ?

Also does the biometrics request for online TRV indicates that TRV will be issued likely or it is common for all cases irrespective of visa granted or not ?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Someone experienced with immigration cases told me that applying for TRV when PR application in progress might delay the PR application by 2 to 3 months. Have you come across such cases where delay happened ?
Not true. Also, not come across a case where someone's TRV application delayed their PR processing.

Also does the biometrics request for online TRV indicates that TRV will be issued likely or it is common for all cases irrespective of visa granted or not ?
Biometrics is now mandatory for all applications - online or paper - for visa applicants of all countries. Processing of applications won't start until the biometrics are received by IRCC

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
Not true. Also, not come across a case where someone's TRV application delayed their PR processing.
Wow ! that is a relief for me .... I trust you. I don't know how people make such stories or they only make assumption based on few cases in which delay happened due to some other reason.

Biometrics is now mandatory for all applications - online or paper - for visa applicants of all countries. Processing of applications won't start until the biometrics are received by IRCC
Thanks! for that info as well.

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
HI Bryanna,

Another query :), If I get update for my Spouse PR about pre-arrival services so I assume within month or so decision will be made. In that case what will happen with TRV in process ?

Moreover can be retract TRV application ? If not furtherTh delay due to biometrics suggested ?

In case TRV is refused in this scenario will any changes required in PR application from our side?

Tricky questions and thanks for your help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's taking quite a while. I think your wife will get a PR decision before she applies for a TRV :)

Another query :), If I get update for my Spouse PR about pre-arrival services so I assume within month or so decision will be made. In that case what will happen with TRV in process ?
Once your wife gets a DM for her PR application, it doesn't matter about the TRV.

Moreover can be retract TRV application ? If not furtherTh delay due to biometrics suggested ?
Why would you want to withdraw the TRV application?

In case TRV is refused in this scenario will any changes required in PR application from our side?
No, you don't have to do anything if there's a TRV refusal. Just make sure there's absolutely no incorrect fact or statements (no grounds for misrepresentation) for the TRV application

Radipol

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
I have applied TRV for my husband while our sponsorship application is in process. Just curious that since they conduct a background check for TRV - does it help expedite the background check portion of PR application?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have applied TRV for my husband while our sponsorship application is in process. Just curious that since they conduct a background check for TRV - does it help expedite the background check portion of PR application?
The level of security and criminal checks done for PR applications is far more intensive as compared to that done for a TRV application

Radipol

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Ah I see - hoping for the best. Long distance relationships are no fun. Thank you for your insight.

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
It's taking quite a while. I think your wife will get a PR decision before she applies for a TRV :)

Once your wife gets a DM for her PR application, it doesn't matter about the TRV.

Why would you want to withdraw the TRV application?

No, you don't have to do anything if there's a TRV refusal. Just make sure there's absolutely no incorrect fact or statements (no grounds for misrepresentation) for the TRV application

Hi Bryanna,

My spouse's TRV application has been approved while PR is in progress.

So hopefully after getting passport submitted she will get it within a week or so. Do you have any idea about the duration?

Once she is here I have to inform CIC s that her PR request is sent in Canada only.

What documents I have to send to CIC once she is here? I hope it is not a lot of documents i.e. updating the forms sent earlier in Sponsorship application.

Please share your knowledge about after steps of TRV approval for a person with PR in process.

Thanks for your support

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

My spouse's TRV application has been approved while PR is in progress.

So hopefully after getting passport submitted she will get it within a week or so. Do you have any idea about the duration?

Once she is here I have to inform CIC s that her PR request is sent in Canada only.

What documents I have to send to CIC once she is here? I hope it is not a lot of documents i.e. updating the forms sent earlier in Sponsorship application.

Please share your knowledge about after steps of TRV approval for a person with PR in process.

Thanks for your support
1. Wow. That's absolutely fantastic :)

2. It could take about one week for her to get her passport with the TRV. But, don't book any tickets yet.

3. She can include the entry stamp (she can ask for the stamp at the POE) to inform IRCC about the change in her address for her PR application. Nothing else needs to be done. Then sit back and wait for the PR decision.... BTW she can expect a PR decision pretty soon :)

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
1. Wow. That's absolutely fantastic :)

2. It could take about one week for her to get her passport with the TRV. But, don't book any tickets yet.

3. She can include the entry stamp (she can ask for the stamp at the POE) to inform IRCC about the change in her address for her PR application. Nothing else needs to be done. Then sit back and wait for the PR decision.... BTW she can expect a PR decision pretty soon :)
Yes ! Thanks !

I am also hoping for PR application decision as Pre-arrival has been received more than 3 weeks ago.

Suppose there is an interview before PR is granted and we informed the CIC on time, does she has to get back to home country or interview can happen in Canada?

Thank You,
Dev