+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Are there recent refusals of TRV for Spousal PR applicants? If yes, can we please start tracking it :

Applicant's Country of citizenship
Date of TRV application
Had they received AOR / SA on their Spousal PR before submitting TRV application?
Refusal Date

Abu Dhabi Visa Office is increasing being known for refusing TRVs of Spousal PRs. Would like to know if that is the case here as well among the members of this forum. If you are a member of Watsapp or Facebook group that is about TRV for Spousal PRs, please share the link of this thread in those groups, so that we can track as many applicants as possible.

Rajvinder Singh

Nov 30, 2018
Hi fam,
Need a answer for the following
Will your spouse/common-law partner accompany you to Canada?

What should my wife answer if I'm already in Canada. Yes or No.
I am applying for TRV for my wife. I am PR

JSOL1

Sep 21, 2023
TRV denied.
Applied Sept 21/23.
Applied before AOR. Sent in Webform mid-November after AOR/SA received.
Refused Dec 11/23.

Reasons were:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I am a Canadian citizen, my husband is from the Dominican Republic. We provided birth certificates for his children, a letter from his employer and even a return plane ticket. We provided a letter to explain our dual intent and thoroughly explained that he would return back home using the pre-purchased plane ticket to visit his significant family ties e.g. children and elderly parents.

This was our second TRV application. The first time around we prepared the application with no knowledge of the process so we really provided no proof of anything. I thought you just filled in the form and good to go. So obviously the first application was refused for the same reasons mentioned above, plus insufficient funds.

I'm feeling super frustrated about the reasons for refusal, especially considering how many refusals I see for insufficient funds. We actually put a ZERO in that box and I provided a letter that I would support him financially for the duration of his trip. I really thought that funds would be the only reason we were refused but it was not even mentioned.

Also an interesting note. Our first refusal was worded "you have significant family ties in Canada". This application was before we were married. Our second refusal is worded "you do not have significant family ties outside Canada". Kind of seems backwards but I know that's just a technicality.

Well I have to remind myself that the TRV is not the important application. It just would have been a nice Christmas gift.

Last edited:

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
TRV denied.
Applied Sept 21/23.
Refused Dec 11/23.

Reasons were:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I am a Canadian citizen, my husband is from the Dominican Republic. We provided birth certificates for his children, a letter from his employer and even a return plane ticket. We provided a letter to explain our dual intent and thoroughly explained that he would return back home using the pre-purchased plane ticket to visit his significant family ties e.g. children and elderly parents.

This was our second TRV application. The first time around we prepared the application with no knowledge of the process so we really provided no proof of anything. I thought you just filled in the form and good to go. So obviously the first application was refused for the same reasons mentioned above, plus insufficient funds.

I'm feeling super frustrated about the reasons for refusal, especially considering how many refusals I see for insufficient funds. We actually put a ZERO in that box and I provided a letter that I would support him financially for the duration of his trip. I really thought that funds would be the only reason we were refused but it was not even mentioned.

Also an interesting note. Our first refusal was worded "you have significant family ties in Canada". This application was before we were married. Our second refusal is worded "you do not have significant family ties outside Canada". Kind of seems backwards but I know that's just a technicality.

Well I have to remind myself that the TRV is not the important application. It just would have been a nice Christmas gift.
You can request reconsideration .

Did the eligibility status change to completed on your tracker before the decision?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
TRV denied.
Applied Sept 21/23.
Refused Dec 11/23.

Reasons were:

My suggestion...
Send a web form to the visa office that made this decision. Inform them you have a spousal pr (file no), have rec'd AOR and SA(dates)...and in the light of May 26th Family reunification announcement, you and your husband made this TRV.
Is your understanding of May 26 the incorrect? Or has CIC cancelled that policy? And if so, why is it not publicly announced? Or , was the visa officer not aware of May26 Family reunification announcement? What is missing?
Or is this a money collection campaign by CIC.
I am a Canadian citizen and I need clarification about why my husband was denied the visa when we fulfilled all the requirements as per May 26 announcement on CIC webpage."

Send that web form asap!!!. Please don't let these crooks off the hook. CIC needs to come clean and only we can make them do that.

Second email should be sent to MP. Has to be brief email.. Tell them the situation about visit visa and May 26th Family Reunification. You fulfill all conditions - still your husband is denied TRV. Please find out what's happening about your TRV and your Spousal PR.

We need to voice our concerns and point out their mistake in unison. If we don't, we will keep suffering.

Last edited:

JSOL1

Sep 21, 2023
Did the eligibility status change to completed on your tracker before the decision?
Tracker still at this minute shows background in progress, eligibility not started.

The new portal where we applied (not GCKey) is updated with current information but I never saw eligibility start.

My suggestion...
Send a web form to the visa office that made this decision. Inform them you have a spousal pr (file no), have rec'd AOR and SA(dates)...and in the light of May 26th Family reunification announcement, you and your husband made this TRV.
I will definitely follow up on this thanks to your suggestions. I’ll update on any progress.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
PA- Indian
Sponsor - Canadian Citizen

Sponsorship:
Spousal Sponsorship Application submitted -September 26 (No AOR yet)
Submitted correct IMM5332 via webform - October 27 ( I forgot to add sponsors employment history additional details to complete 5 years, as the space was limited in the form )
Received reply from IRCC - November 17 (Documents added to the file , gave temporary application number )
Raised Webform - Nov 27 (To know the reason for the delay, mentioned my spouse TRV application is not progressing as I have no AOR yet ) )
Reply from IRCC - Nov 27 ( Application received ,it will processed according to the date it was received )
Ordered GCMS notes- December 07 ( To know the reason for the delay in AOR )

Spouse TRV:
Primary Visa Office - Centralized Network India ,in Canada (New office for Indian Applicants after 40 Officers Returned as per IRCC call center agent )
Secondary Visa Office - New Delhi
TRV Applied -September 29
Biometrics- October 4
Raised Webform to upload LOE - October 21 (LOE - Dates of visit elapsed but the purpose of visit same , Visit for Christmas and New year )
Received reply - Nov 3 ( Application in progress, LOE added to the file)
Ordered GCMS Notes - October 31
Ghost Update - Nov 3
Medical passed -Nov 15 ( Did upfront medical for Spousal ;hence ,added details in TRV )
Received GCMS notes - Nov 26 (Nothing started, only Criminality passed )
Raised Webform - December 3 (Exceeded Processing Time based on India's - 29 days )
Reply of Webform from IRCC - December 4 (Application in progress )
Mailed MP - December 4 ( Exceeded processing time , India administrative changes could delay my PR application; hence applied for TRV)
MP Called back - December 4 (For Spouse TRV ,AOR is required as per IRCC agent ,but still put a note to work on it)
Eligibility from "not started " to "completed " -December 07
Background check - in Progress since Biometrics

Last edited:

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Below is the format of enquiry they required from me :

I would be pleased to submit an MP Enquiry into your spouse’s TRV application. We are required to submit information to IRCC in the format below:

Applicant:

· Full name(s)
· Date(s) of birth
· Country of birth
· Complete address (including the postal code)
· Telephone number
· Email address (if available)
· Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number/Client ID number (if available)
· Application number (if available)
· Date of application

Please provide the following information about yourself:
  • Full name
  • Date(s) of birth
  • Country of birth
  • Complete address (including the postal code)
  • Telephone number
  • Your status in Canada
  • Date you first entered Canada

Reactions: JSOL1

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
PA- Indian
Sponsor - Canadian Citizen

Sponsorship:
Spousal Sponsorship Application submitted -September 26 (No AOR yet)
Submitted correct IMM5332 via webform - October 27 ( I forgot to add sponsors employment history additional details to complete 5 years, as the space was limited in the form )
Received reply from IRCC - November 17 (Documents added to the file , gave temporary application number )
Raised Webform - Nov 23 (To know the reason for the delay, mentioned my spouse TRV application is not progressing as I have no AOR yet ) )
Reply from IRCC - Nov 23 ( Application received ,it will processed according to the date it was received )
Ordered GCMS notes- December 07 ( To know the reason for the delay in AOR )

Spouse TRV:
Primary Visa Office - Centralized Network India ,in Canada (New office for Indian Applicants after 40 Officers Returned as per IRCC call center agent )
Secondary Visa Office - New Delhi
TRV Applied -September 29
Biometrics- October 4
Raised Webform to upload LOE - October 21 (LOE - Dates of visit elapsed but the purpose of visit same , Visit for Christmas and New year )
Received reply - Nov 3 ( Application in progress, LOE added to the file)
Ordered GCMS Notes - October 31
Ghost Update - Nov 3
Medical passed -Nov 15 ( Did upfront medical for Spousal ;hence ,added details in TRV )
Received GCMS notes - Nov 26 (Nothing started, only Criminality passed )
Raised Webform - December 3 (Exceeded Processing Time based on India's - 29 days )
Reply of Webform from IRCC - December 4 (Application in progress )
Mailed MP - December 4 ( Exceeded processing time , India administrative changes could delay my PR application; hence applied for TRV)
MP Called back - December 4 (For Spouse TRV ,AOR is required as per IRCC agent ,but still put a note to work on it)
Eligibility from "not started " to "completed " -December 05
Background check - in Progress since Biometrics
Excellent job! Keep them on their toes. When they take money to process our application fees - they need to deliver without making us wait longer than required. When they announce a processing time, they must meet it - otherwise, whats the point? And we should point it out, promptly and effectively and through different channels.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Tip from CIC:
Spousal PR applicants will get their TRVs (as per Family Reunification Program) only after their Spousal PR tracker shows Eligibility as completed.

I know, some of you will challenge this - as I know some of you applied for TRV before even applying for Spousal PR, or some applied for Spousal PR, then TRV even before getting AOR/SA ...and still got TRV...I dont have answers for those. I have just been told by someone connected to CIC that its the Spousal PR Eligibility along with AOR+SA ....that will get you the TRV.

Court123

Dec 14, 2023
Hi guys,
I have a little situation and I hope you guys can assist as I am in the dark here. So I applied for a TRV back in 2021 to go see my fiancée at the time however the application was denied. Fast-forward to 2023 we got married 5 months ago with spousal application pending as that was submitted November 18th, 2023. As per CIC website the biometrics is good for 10 years but I am wondering if it is valid for TPV only or I can use it for the spousal application I have pending?

PS. I paid for another biometrics with the new spousal application to be on the safe side.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi guys,
I have a little situation and I hope you guys can assist as I am in the dark here. So I applied for a TRV back in 2021 to go see my fiancée at the time however the application was denied. Fast-forward to 2023 we got married 5 months ago with spousal application pending as that was submitted November 18th, 2023. As per CIC website the biometrics is good for 10 years but I am wondering if it is valid for TPV only or I can use it for the spousal application I have pending?

PS. I paid for another biometrics with the new spousal application to be on the safe side.
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

If you apply for permanent residence
You need to give biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent residence applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid. This includes:

You need to make an appointment to give biometrics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Since you have already given fees for biometrics - avoid confusion and just give the biometrics.

Reactions: ERCAN

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Tip from CIC:
Spousal PR applicants will get their TRVs (as per Family Reunification Program) only after their Spousal PR tracker shows Eligibility as completed.

I know, some of you will challenge this - as I know some of you applied for TRV before even applying for Spousal PR, or some applied for Spousal PR, then TRV even before getting AOR/SA ...and still got TRV...I dont have answers for those. I have just been told by someone connected to CIC that its the Spousal PR Eligibility along with AOR+SA ....that will get you the TRV.
Its true to some extent for some applications .I called my MP again yesterday , she said my spouse TRV won't be approved until AOR is received despite passing all stages of TRV ( Eligibility, background check , medical, biometrics) .She said officer will review my TRV app again on January 12 to check if AOR is linked or not.

And for Spousal AOR, I have been waiting for 86 days now.

As I have already requested update from MP twice ,she told me that it would be the last opportunity to seek update from IRCC as they cant seek update more than 3 times. So she asked me to reach out last time again in January last week if nothing comes up.