Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi, What are the supporting documents you submitted for TRV?
Did you show any finance support? How much CAD did you have to show?
Supporting Document -

Letter of Explanation content (5 pages) -
  1. Purpose
  2. Duration
  3. Sponsor Ties to Canada
  4. Spouse Ties to India - Job and parents
  5. Travel itinerary for 10 days in Ontario
  6. Promise to provide medical coverage
  7. Promise to provide financial support
  8. Para on Spouse is self sufficient and responsible traveler
  9. Assurance of return to home country
  10. Para on separation which could be for more than an year if TRV not approved as recent administrative changes in India may delay PR application.
  11. Para on dual intent ( First para - Spousal sponsorship submitted , but no AOR yet(mentioned temporay application number XF*******). PA wont jeopardize PR application by overstaying , Second para -Although PR sponsorship applied, Spouse aware of temporary residence visa obligations and assuring once again to return back to home country)
Letter of Employment for Spouse :
Letter of explanation for reason for being unemployed for 3 months , taking care of parents .Past employment letters attached proves strong career in India.

Financial support Letter - Sponsor job letter, NOA - 2022, Pay stubs for last 4 months , bank statement , PA bank statement , PA PF account statement

How much CAD did you have to show ? - 5000$ for 10 days trip

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: vwei and KeddyCan

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Supporting Document -

1. Purpose
  2. Duration
  10. Para on separation which could be for more than an year if TRV not approved as recent administrative changes in India may delay PR application.
  11. Para on dual intent ( First para - Spousal sponsorship submitted , but no AOR yet(mentioned temporay application number XF*******). PA wont jeopardize PR application by overstaying , Second para -Although PR sponsorship applied, Spouse aware of temporary residence visa obligations and assuring once again to return back to home country)
Letter of explanation for reason for being unemployed for 3 months , taking care of parents .Past employment letters attached proves strong career in India.

Financial support Letter - Sponsor job letter, NOA - 2022, Pay stubs for last 4 months , bank statement , PA bank statement , PA PF account statement

Hope this helps.
James, you mentioned last time that you are expecting gcms notes by Jan 5. Not sure you got it.
If u have got it, can you please share one thing. I'm curious to know, if CIC had completed security and eligibility on your PR, when they stamped your TRV. Now they may have not updated the tracker, but gcms will have some activity noted somewhere.

Wondering if you can share that.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
James, you mentioned last time that you are expecting gcms notes by Jan 5. Not sure you got it.
If u have got it, can you please share one thing. I'm curious to know, if CIC had completed security and eligibility on your PR, when they stamped your TRV. Now they may have not updated the tracker, but gcms will have some activity noted somewhere.

Wondering if you can share that.

Only criminality was in progress, nothing else started. I received gcms notes on Jan 06.

Below is my updated timeline:
Spousal Sponsorship - Outland Application Timeline ( PA with valid TRV ( Approved : Dec 28 2023 and Passport stamped on Jan 10 2024))
  • PA :Indian , Sponsor : Canadian Citizen
  • Application Submitted: September 26 2023
  • Biometric Request : Jan 09 2024
  • AOR: Jan 10 2024
  • Medical Request : Jan 12 2024
  • Biometrics Completed : Jan 15 2024
  • Medical Completed: Jan 19 2024
  • Medical passed : Jan 22 2024
  • Visa Office: Unknown (As per GCMS notes, Primary office: CPC Mississauga ,Secondary : CIC Sydney)
  • SA - Not yet received
Sponsor Tracker -
  • Eligibility completed : Jan 09 2024
PA Tracker :
  • Biometrics : Completed
  • Medical: Completed
  • Eligibility: Not Started
  • Background check: In progress

Last edited:
Reactions: InfoSeeker12

AF31

Aug 2, 2023
Hey, can someone please let me know what is the next step of the PR sponsorship after you have completed your eligibility and received the pre-arrival letter? And long does it take for the PPR?
Also, how long does it take to get the passport back after ppr?

(VO: LONDON)
(PA: Pakistan)

KeddyCan

Oct 28, 2020
Supporting Document -

1. Purpose
  2. Duration

Hope this helps.
Thank you for sharing this detailed information.
What is the validity of TRV? Is it 1 or 2 years? What is the length of stay?

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Supporting Document -

1. Purpose
  2. Duration

Hope this helps.
Hello

You applied for TRV for what kind of duration? 6 months or for just 10 days ?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hello

You applied for TRV for what kind of duration? 6 months or for just 10 days ?
You can't request 6 months at once, which is the maximum duration one can stay on a visitor visa. Also for 6 months, you need to show more than 100K in an account, which is not possible for everyone.

10-15 days seems more realistic as majority of companies offer 2 weeks off for vacation. Beyond which it seems suspicious.

This is what I considered while filling out the application. Some may or may not agree, but I always draft LOEs considering a worse or stricter officer who could review my application.

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
You can't request 6 months at once, which is the maximum duration one can stay on a visitor visa. Also for 6 months, you need to show more than 100K in an account, which is not possible for everyone.

10-15 days seems more realistic as majority of companies offer 2 weeks off for vacation. Beyond which it seems suspicious.

This is what I considered while filling out the application. Some may or may not agree, but I always draft LOEs considering a worse or stricter officer who could review my application.
But I thought since this is under family reunification then a longer duration makes since.

Also, why would they need so much funds as a proof if I have a valid medical insurance to cover am emergency. Rest, the person is just going to stay and then start working as and when owp/ pr gets approved.

I mean majority of people, especially new immigrants won't really be having such funds. I certainly don't have much at the moment.

Alli13

Jan 31, 2024
Hello,

I have applied for Spouse sponsorship in Oct 2023, received updates in November and gave biometrics in Dec. It's been more than a month an no update so far.

I have linked my spouse application to the IRCC Secure Account to receive updates.
I wanted to know if I can apply for the TRV from that account itself or need to create a new one?

Also, can anyone help on how to draft the LoE and what duration to insert for the stay? 6 months or less?
Please note that I am currently working and will resign after having received the TRV to join my husband in Canada where I plan to apply for the OWP.

Reactions: avtarsran2801

HZB

Aug 22, 2017
Hi,
I applied for my wife's PR on Dec 31, 2023. Got AOR yesterday.
Now want to apply for TRV.
NEED HELP!
I am confused because after reading alot of comments thatwe need to prove she leaves Canada once visa is expired. She don't work, does't have a property with her name on it. How to prove strong ties with her home country?
I have a good job in Canada put prove that I can support her stay here.
Please guide me through even if I missed something. Thanks!

KruleLhama

Jan 13, 2024
She don't work, does't have a property with her name on it. How to prove strong ties with her home country?
I have a good job in Canada put prove that I can support her stay here.
Having the AOR is a good thing on your side, but at the end of the day a TRV is still a TRV so you gotta be diligent and make the PA application as strong as possible. Any ties you can prove will work like dependant family members, if she's studying you can ask the school for a letter, almost any kind of commitment to their home country.

Does the PA have funds in their account? If not start sending money right now or ask for a close family member of the PA to send it to them.

ask for a up to 15 day trip, you can extend it later but asking for more time now will require more funds and overall makes your application better.

I'm in the same situation but I won't get married until April, my PA doesn't work and will quit university to try and find some work before moving here, and is also young (20) and their funds are slim. It would be near impossible for her to get a TRV if not through the sponso

I'll start sending money now and hopefully she'll have a decent sum by the time we apply for the TRV once we have the AOR for the Sponsorship we haven't even applied for yet.

I am at least happy that Canada has a good diplomatic relationship with Brazil

So far, based on what I read here and on what the consultants told me, the family reunification thing is nice but is definitely not a guarantee.

avtarsran2801

Feb 4, 2024
Hi,
I applied for spousal sponsorship on Oct 10, 2023 (india)
Done with biometric and medical
Eligibility completed:- 27th January
Background verification:- in process
After that no response

TRV
Applied on 30 dec 2023
biometric previous used
Eligibility completed on 18th jan
Background verification:- in process
No update after that

Can anyone tell when i should expect ppr in any of these files?

Last edited:

JSOL1

Sep 21, 2023
I ordered the GCMS notes for my husband's TRV refusal. I was ready to address the concerns and apply for another TRV but low and behold there are NO comments. This is what the notes say:

REFUSAL GROUNDS
REFUSAL GROUNDS DETAILS: 1
Created Date: 2017/05/24
Updated Date: 2022/06/16
Refusal Grounds: R179(b) Intro Paragraph
Print Sequence: 1
Description: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-
179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave
Canada, based on the following factors:
Comments:
Expiry Date:

REFUSAL GROUNDS DETAILS: 2
Updated Date: 2022/06/09
Refusal Grounds: R179(b) Family Ties o/s CDA
Print Sequence: 2
Description: You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
Comments:
Expiry Date:

REFUSAL GROUNDS DETAILS: 3
Updated Date: 2022/06/16
Refusal Grounds: R179(b)lnconsistent Purpose
Print Sequence: 3
Description: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
Comments:
Expiry Date:

How can they not have any comments at all? Like what is the reasoning behind the officer's choices - they really don't have to list any of that? How can we possibly improve our application that we thought was solid, when we have nothing to go on?

To satisfy the temporary stay reason - how do you address dual intent properly? Like from what I'm reading here, you need to have a pretty short visit period maybe 2-4 weeks. But with the spousal PR in place don't they just say "yeah right" to that anyway? We don't intend to have a short visit period - we intend a pretty permanent stay to apply for OWP and wait out PR process which was allowed by that new policy from last year. I don't want to feel or sound like I'm lying by listing a short visit period.

Any advice welcome.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I ordered the GCMS notes for my husband's TRV refusal. I was ready to address the concerns and apply for another TRV but low and behold there are NO comments. This is what the notes say:

How can they not have any comments at all? Like what is the reasoning behind the officer's choices - they really don't have to list any of that? How can we possibly improve our application that we thought was solid, when we have nothing to go on?

To satisfy the temporary stay reason - how do you address dual intent properly? Like from what I'm reading here, you need to have a pretty short visit period maybe 2-4 weeks. But with the spousal PR in place don't they just say "yeah right" to that anyway? We don't intend to have a short visit period - we intend a pretty permanent stay to apply for OWP and wait out PR process which was allowed by that new policy from last year. I don't want to feel or sound like I'm lying by listing a short visit period.

Any advice welcome.
Your experience with GCMS notes is in no way unusual. Many, many reports here on the forum affirming that. Despite that, I read here every day the advice to order the notes and they will contain a cornucopia of reasoning otherwise hidden. That is simply misleading. In some cases there is some useful information, but very wrong to suggest to members here that ordering the notes is a sure way to glean additional insights. All that can fairly be said is one may order the notes for a chance of getting reasons.

As for last year's "new policy" - the brainchild of Sean Fraser, who is long gone from being the minister in charge - again, much is written here about how we are living in a wonderful new, enlightened era, and TRVs are handed out like candy to PR applicants. Yet we see refusals every day. In my assessment, those PR applicants who would have qualified for TRVs before the "new policy", will still qualify and obtain TRVs. But some of those who do, will attribute their good fortune to the alleged new regime, thus encouraging more, and more marginal, applicants. Most who would not have qualified before won't qualify now, and that group will feel aggrieved and betrayed. At the same time, I expect some will indeed receive TRVs whereas before, they would not. That will imply be the product of some VOs taking a softer approach, in keeping with what they perceive to be the spirit of Fraser's announcement.