+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
As a postscript to the above post, I'll add that last week I completed PR applications for the 3 dependent children of my wife's sister, who arrived in Canada in December 2023 to be with her Canadian husband. I was their rep for the PR application and I handled ours and theirs at same time.

By end of this week, I'll complete and submit TRV applications for the 3 young kids, relying, to a large extent, on the loose talk of more generous acceptance of PR applicants for TRVs. Their PR applications show an anticipated processing time of 15 months, while TRVs from their country are showing 21 days as processing time. If it takes 15 months, they won't be an able to start the new school year in September 2024.

I have really no idea of what to expect on the TRV front. Maybe wasting $300 in application money. The sister and husband are relying on me, having scant idea themselves about any of this, hence I was elected as rep for their sponsorship/PR application. I considered keeping quiet about the TRV idea, but weakened and I told them and they want to try it, notwithstanding my warnings that it is fraught with risk of failure. If it fails, I know I'll still feel responsible for getting them into it. I felt the same level of anxiety about their sponsorship/PR application. What if it failed? It would be tempting to lay the blame at my feet. Happily, that one worked out and I came out smelling like a rose. Can I pull it off again?

tirthraj

Oct 29, 2018
My spouse landed on Trv in canada while her PR application under family class is still in progress,
Do we need to inform IRCC now or Do we need to inform IRCC when we get passport request for PR application?

noxmachina

Dec 24, 2023
Hi James. Congratulations !!! This is amazing... you still havent got AOR yet, but TRV is approved. Lets review the situation for my understanding...

What stage is your Spousal PR application? You applied for Spousal PR on Sep 26 , did you get SA, what about Eligibility on your Spousal PR? Completed?
Lastly - would you be comfortable to share the NoC code of the TRV applicant. Was the applicant working or unemployed at the time of TRV application?

Would like to add to James' update. I received my Passport Request for the Spousal TRV over a week ago from today (around Feb 21).

Spousal PR was applied for in the last week of December 2023; applied for Spousal TRV first week of Jan 2024 without an AOR for the Sponsorship (Received AOR Feb 8). Did not show any ties to home country, no work, etc. Only had a bank balance statement from me and my dad (totaling to ~$70k) along with a letter of support stating that I'm authorized to use his funds. Spouse (Canadian Citizen) also provided an invitation letter specifically mentioning the new Spousal TRV measures introduced [date] by Minister Sean Fraser, their letter also mentioned that they would support me for the entire duration of my stay + their bank statements and letter of current employment.

Just waiting on my passport to be couriered back now, it's been in processing at the IRCC office for about a week now.

Edit: duration of stay I put in my TRV form was ~4 months.

Curious15

Nov 29, 2017
Guys the TRV for my wife which we applied after getting the AOR was marked eligibility completed soon after biometrics.It stayed like that for 3-4 days and then changed back to “In progress”.
Is that a system error or they actually found some discrepancy they are looking into it?
What is average normal processing for these TRVs these days.
They announced last year it to be processed within 30 days.
I look forward to hear from you.
Good luck everyone
Thank you

noxmachina

Dec 24, 2023
Guys the TRV for my wife which we applied after getting the AOR was marked eligibility completed soon after biometrics.It stayed like that for 3-4 days and then changed back to “In progress”.
Is that a system error or they actually found some discrepancy they are looking into it?
What is average normal processing for these TRVs these days.
They announced last year it to be processed within 30 days.
I look forward to hear from you.
Good luck everyone
Thank you
Personally, I don't find the tracker to be very reliable. They send you important email updates about your applications, I'd just wait for those instead.
The processing time for Spousal TRVs still seems to be roughly 30 days based on my experience.

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Hi. Please advise if this post does not belong in this thread.
Applied for my spouse’s trv after receiving AOR for spousal sponsorship application. It was refused and as per gcms notes, the officer gave three generic reasons however the detailed notes mentioned only funds. It said that the account balance was inflated for visa purposes, however a large sum which was wedding gift from parent was transferred by my spouse from his other account. Any idea on how this can be justified if we reapply? What are some ways we can show funds? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

noxmachina

Dec 24, 2023
Hi. Please advise if this post does not belong in this thread.
Applied for my spouse’s trv after receiving AOR for spousal sponsorship application. It was refused and as per gcms notes, the officer gave three generic reasons however the detailed notes mentioned only funds. It said that the account balance was inflated for visa purposes, however a large sum which was wedding gift from parent was transferred by my spouse from his other account. Any idea on how this can be justified if we reapply? What are some ways we can show funds? Appreciate any help. Thanks.
Did you provide a letter of explanation along with your application as to why you had a large sum of money routed to your account not very long before your application? Because that could have made all the difference I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure the IRCC has made it clear that large sums of money suddenly appearing in your account before an application looks suspicious and your visa can be denied on that basis.

Personally, I submitted bank balance certificates for my account and for my family member(s) who authorized me to use their funds for my travels (in writing) along with a letter of invitation from my spouse who also clearly stated that she would support me financially for the entirety of my stay (+ her bank statements).

Uniqueusername

Nov 26, 2019
Pakistani residing in Saudi Arabia
Spousal trv applied through ircc portal.
Spousal sponsorship (13 months in process) background in progress
Trv refusal Oct 2022, typical not convinced visitor would return although every possible proof was provided.
Reapplied Spousal trv with sponsorship in progress, January 17 2024
Still waiting no update.
Submitted webform and requested update on the email that is given upon phone call to Riyadh VO
This process is extremely stressful, practically raising our child on my own here.

vishnu_ram

Jan 15, 2024
Hi all,

Visitor Visa Applied for spouse (after AOR) : 7th March
Bio : 8th March (previous bio records)
BGC: In progress
Eligibility: Not started
Medical: Not started
PA Country: India

Medical is not updated eventhough PR medical is completed. Also, Eligibility status is unchanged for past 3-4 weeks.

What's the timeframe for spousal dual-intent TRV from India ?

veerG

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Hi all,

Medical is not updated eventhough PR medical is completed. Also, Eligibility status is unchanged for past 3-4 weeks.

Hi more or less same timeline with TRV, biometrics, medicals and Spouse PR AOR. Submitted TRV on March 7. No update since then

vishnu_ram

Jan 15, 2024
Hi all,

Tracker got updated today.

Eligibility : Completed

Hydwind

Oct 1, 2023
My letter of invitation had:
  • formal wording of invitation to apply under new TRV measure for PR applicants to wait for the PR decision in Canada
  • intent of travel (what will be the occupation of the PA during our stay)
  • my (I'm the sponsor) intent to support PA in every way including housing and food
  • my funds available to support TRV applicant for the duration (statements from saving accounts)

I also added a LOE where I described:
  • very limited ties to home country and in short I described our backup plan should PR be denied or delayed.
  • I also had some additional explanation relative to our specific circumstances that are no interest to others except that we applied while travelling abroad which in turn previously was considered a no-go in terms of home ties.
  • I specifically acknowledged that we will be staying in Canada as long as permitted by law.
Can you please provide the exact lines you mention regarding pr applicant waiting for pr process to complete.

masa94

Mar 6, 2024
Anyone here from Egypt got approved??
We got refusal after only two days from applying
Apparently everyone from Egypt got refused and we're being told by mps offices principal applicant has to pass eligibility first for the sponsorship application
Which is ironic because you receive ppr right after completing eligibility, is this even legal?