+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Its true to some extent for some applications .I called my MP again yesterday , she said my spouse TRV won't be approved until AOR is received despite passing all stages of TRV ( Eligibility, background check , medical, biometrics) .She said officer will review my TRV app again on January 12 to check if AOR is linked or not.

And for Spousal AOR, I have been waiting for 86 days now.

As I have already requested update from MP twice ,she told me that it would be the last opportunity to seek update from IRCC as they cant seek update more than 3 times. So she asked me to reach out last time again in January last week if nothing comes up.
What stage is your Spousal PR at right now? and did you order GCMS notes in the past 30 days?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
What stage is your Spousal PR at right now? and did you order GCMS notes in the past 30 days?
No progress on PR application .Waiting for AOR. Yes,I ordered GCMS notes on Dec 7 for PR application .

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
No progress on PR application .Waiting for AOR. Yes,I ordered GCMS notes on Dec 7 for PR application .
At this point, I just want to wish and hope that this 80+ days delay in your AOR, is cuz of various turbulences that came directly in the heart of CIC. By, 10th January you will have GCMS notes and you will have much clear picture about the status of your file. If the billy boy spilled Tim's coffee on your application or if s/he was still busy finishing the box of donuts.

So far, just like you, i also knew that only AOR and SA is required on Spousal PR applications, for getting TRV approved.

To my surprise last week, my MP's office added one more thing - Eligibility for Spousal PR application has to be passed, before one gets TRV.

I guess next time someone asks they will say, the person will get TRV, once Spousal PR Visa has been stamped on the Passport. Then CIC Officer will be satisfied to give an applicant a TRV. Or perhaps, they will again refuse then citing the same reason: We suspect that you will not return from Canada (cuz you got PR) and we will still not give you TRV, but yes, we will happily keep charging you TRV fees.

By the way - on Jan 10th as soon as you get your GCMS. If you see much work has not been done on your PR application, quickly send a webform to CANCEL TRV APPLICATION through webform. Wish you the best.

noxmachina

Dec 24, 2023
Update: we submitted our application for this new trv!

It’s pretty straight forward application in the new portal. Just attaching passport copies and documents/proofs at the end. And of course you have to pay.

They will send you messages in the portal and you also get something like the one in gckey screen where all the progress and details. There is even a progress bar.

I will be still with my spouse and daughter for 3 weeks so we only have 10 days or less not being together to know the result. Fingers crossing!
Hey! Was it just a regular TRV application in the new portal? Is there a new option for this new Spousal TRV?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Its true to some extent for some applications .I called my MP again yesterday , she said my spouse TRV won't be approved until AOR is received despite passing all stages of TRV ( Eligibility, background check , medical, biometrics) .She said officer will review my TRV app again on January 12 to check if AOR is linked or not.

And for Spousal AOR, I have been waiting for 86 days now.

As I have already requested update from MP twice ,she told me that it would be the last opportunity to seek update from IRCC as they cant seek update more than 3 times. So she asked me to reach out last time again in January last week if nothing comes up.
Hey there! Exciting update—I got the Passport Request for Spouse's TRV today at 11 am! AOR for Spousal Sponsorship is still pending, but no worries for now.

Primary Office - Centralized Network India, Ottawa
Secondary VO - New Delhi, India

Spouse TRV Timeline: ( Without AOR)
- TRV Applied: Sept 29
- Biometrics: Oct 4
- Webform (LOE -dates elapsed, new dates): Oct 21
- Webform Reply: Nov 3 (LOE added )
- GCMS Notes applied: Oct 31, Ghost Update: Nov 3
- Medical Passed: Nov 15
- GCMS Notes received (Criminality passed): Nov 26
- Webform (Exceeded Processing Time): Dec 3
- Webform Reply: Dec 4 (App in progress)
- MP Emailed: Dec 4 (MP told AOR needed for TRV, but still requested agent to put a note)
- Eligibility Completed: Dec 7
- Background Check in progress since Biometrics
- MP Emailed: Dec 21 (Officer waiting on AOR, next review date- Jan 12)
- Raised Webform (Emotionally challenging separation): Dec 22
- PPR & BVL for Spouse TRV received: Dec 28

Happy New Year to all! May you reunite soon with your loved ones?

Last edited:
Reactions: JSOL1

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
Hey there! Exciting update—I got the Passport Request for Spouse's TRV today at 11 am! AOR Spousal Sponsorship is still pending, but no worries for now.

Timeline:
- Webform LOE: Oct 21
- IRCC Reply: Nov 3 (App in progress)
- GCMS Notes: Oct 31, Ghost Update: Nov 3
- GCMS Notes (Criminality passed): Nov 26
- MP Emailed: Dec 4 (MP noted AOR needed for TRV)
- Background Check since Biometrics
- MP Email: Dec 21 (Officer waiting on AOR, review on Jan 12)
- PPR & BVL for Spouse TRV received : Dec 28

Happy New Year to all! May you reunite soon with your loved ones
Congrats! What was your VO? Could you share how you made the case for the last webform you sent regarding the separation?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Congrats! What was your VO? Could you share how you made the case for the last webform you sent regarding the separation?
Updated Timeline with VO details

Subject: Urgent Request: Visa Decision Appeal

I submitted my TRV application on Sep 29 and the 82-day wait has been emotionally challenging. The recent completion of eligibility on December 7 brought hope, especially with the holiday season approaching. Missing Diwali was tough, and now, the possibility of being apart for Christmas and New Year adds to the emotional strain.

In the spirit of the season, I extend warm wishes to you and your team. I kindly request an expedited decision, understanding the complexities involved. If granted, I commit to promptly returning to India after spending time with my spouse, strictly adhering to visa terms.

• Love
Reactions: agentorange_

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hey there! Exciting update—I got the Passport Request for Spouse's TRV today at 11 am! AOR Spousal Sponsorship is still pending, but no worries for now.

Hi James. Congratulations !!! This is amazing... you still havent got AOR yet, but TRV is approved. Lets review the situation for my understanding...

What stage is your Spousal PR application? You applied for Spousal PR on Sep 26 , did you get SA, what about Eligibility on your Spousal PR? Completed?
Lastly - would you be comfortable to share the NoC code of the TRV applicant. Was the applicant working or unemployed at the time of TRV application?

JSOL1

Sep 21, 2023

congratulations!!

Reactions: JamesRodriguez

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi James. Congratulations !!! This is amazing... you still havent got AOR yet, but TRV is approved. Lets review the situation for my understanding...

What stage is your Spousal PR application? You applied for Spousal PR on Sep 26 , did you get SA, what about Eligibility on your Spousal PR? Completed?
Lastly - would you be comfortable to share the NoC code of the TRV applicant. Was the applicant working or unemployed at the time of TRV application?
No progress on Spousal PR.Not received AOR,No SA,No biometrics ,nothing. Completed 93 days today,Still waiting

For TRV ,I just mentioned spousal application submitted but yet to receive AOR .Officer marked next review on Jan 12 as per MP.She said ,officer put a note for next review as AOR might come by then.

So I raised a webform the same day that its challenging ,already missed so many ocassions , I dont want to miss Christmas and new year .Also mentioned that I wont overstay and will return promptly after meeting my spouse.

She was unemployed ,but was joining new job on October 23 so added the appointment letter with letter of explanation in employment section .I have added past employment letters to show strong ties and self sufficiency.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
No progress on Spousal PR.Not received AOR,No SA,No biometrics ,nothing. Completed 93 days today,Still waiting

For TRV ,I just mentioned spousal application submitted but yet to receive AOR .Officer marked next review on Jan 12 as per MP.She said ,officer put a note for next review as AOR might come by then.

So I raised a webform the same day that its challenging ,already missed so many ocassions , I dont want to miss Christmas and new year .Also mentioned that I wont overstay and will return promptly after meeting my spouse.

She was unemployed ,but was joining new job on October 23 so added the appointment letter with letter of explanation in employment section .I have added past employment letters to show strong ties and self sufficiency.
Yes job letter and financial self sufficiency makes a detrimental impact. In your case, it seems to over ride the AOR, SA and Eligibility requirement on Spousal PR as well. Have you ordered gcms notes, I wonder if those requirements are all completed in the background?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Yes job letter and financial self sufficiency makes a detrimental impact. In your case, it seems to over ride the AOR, SA and Eligibility requirement on Spousal PR as well. Have you ordered gcms notes, I wonder if those requirements are all completed in the background?
Yes,I ordered GCMS notes for Spousal PR on Dec 7. I am yet to receive them. Most probably around Jan 5, I will get them

KeddyCan

Oct 28, 2020
Hey there! Exciting update—I got the Passport Request for Spouse's TRV today at 11 am! AOR for Spousal Sponsorship is still pending, but no worries for now.

- Webform (LOE -dates elapsed, new dates): Oct 21
- Webform Reply: Nov 3 (LOE added )
- GCMS Notes applied: Oct 31, Ghost Update: Nov 3
- GCMS Notes received (Criminality passed): Nov 26
- MP Emailed: Dec 4 (MP told AOR needed for TRV, but still requested agent to put a note)
- Background Check in progress since Biometrics
- MP Emailed: Dec 21 (Officer waiting on AOR, next review date- Jan 12)
- PPR & BVL for Spouse TRV received: Dec 28

Happy New Year to all! May you reunite soon with your loved ones?

Hi, What are the supporting documents you submitted for TRV?
Did you show any finance support? How much CAD did you have to show?