+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

jessicajoon

Star Member
Jan 25, 2022
If i’m not mistaken what you are seeing is a file number after applying for trv? Where it starts with something like V1234566789?

UCI is different. This is a permanent number specifically for each person who applied in Canada.
That is application number. After applying for TRV, I got an actual UCI and then biometrics as well.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to the new announcement, TRV approval is supposed to be guaranteed if we submit proper supporting documents.
You can, but it takes anywhere from 1-2months and is very difficult to get.

We did both TRV and spousal app together.
how come? You juat submitted your spousal sponsorship and trv and you already got uci?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
For that AOR is required, that's where they do R10 check to make sure you have everything. AOR takes around 2 months.
AOR is required for OWP like they mentioned here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html

For TRV, nowhere it is mentioned that AOR is required so I am wondering if even PR submission is required or not. AOR is taking 2-3 months which doesn't really align with the new announcement of family reunification unless this announcement is total BS.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR is required for OWP like they mentioned here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html

For TRV, nowhere it is mentioned that AOR is required so I am wondering if even PR submission is required or not. AOR is taking 2-3 months which doesn't really align with the new announcement of family reunification unless this announcement is total BS.
I think you will need a family class sponsorship to apply for this new trv or owp. After all, this new campaign is for faster family reunification.

The target of this new announcement is that if you have a current sposnosorship in progress and the chances of it getting approved anyways is you can apply for trv so that they can reunite the families and the bonus part about this is you can apply owp permit too.

The owp permit for me is to integrate the trv people in Canada so that they can be truly be a part of the economy.

Reactions: Charbk

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I think you will need a family class sponsorship to apply for this new trv or owp. After all, this new campaign is for faster family reunification.

The target of this new announcement is that if you have a current sposnosorship in progress and the chances of it getting approved anyways is you can apply for trv so that they can reunite the families and the bonus part about this is you can apply owp permit too.

The owp permit for me is to integrate the trv people in Canada so that they can be truly be a part of the economy.
The TRV and OWP are wildly different things in this scenario, you can't club them together.

aminekamaro

May 31, 2023
Please for this New aplication for spouse TRV, did they ask for New biométric, because i did it before for m'y PR aplication.

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Please for this New aplication for spouse TRV, did they ask for New biométric, because i did it before for m'y PR aplication.
It will
Merge automatically. It did on my husbands file he applied for trv 2 days ago