+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Yes. I will explain it. And if trv gets approved of course we will just try to extend it for another 6 months. If I remember correctly when my friends mother in law was in Canada as visitor they just keep on extending her visitors visa until it reach 2 years.

But hopefully within that 6 months our spouse application is already approved.
Is your spouse employed in the Philippines? What proof have you submit to show that your spouse will go back to the Philippines at the end of her visa?

cwz

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Is your spouse employed in the Philippines? What proof have you submit to show that your spouse will go back to the Philippines at the end of her visa?
Don't need to show, it's easy online forms to fill, I just applied yesterday, it's OK to show sponsor bank statement

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don't need to show, it's easy online forms to fill, I just applied yesterday, it's OK to show sponsor bank statement
You do need to show that you’ll be able to afford for the spouse to visit Canada. Both your bank accounts are the best options. More information like proof of employment should be included especially if you have minimal savings.

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021
Can someone please type what they put as input into the portal when applying for TRV?
Eg.
* I want to apply for a: (required)
visitor visa or super visa

* Why do you need a visa? (required)
To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada

* Tell us more about what you'll do in Canada. Include dates. (required)
Stay with my spouse as we await the processing of my permanent residence application

* When will you enter Canada? (required)If you don't yet know the date you will travel to Canada, select an approximate date.
I assume we choose only a time period of 6 months?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys. With the announcement from Frasier. I am thinking of applying a trv for my spouse and dependent. It says on the website it will only take 28 days for processing if its approved or rejected.

My question are what are the chances of my spouse and dependent getting approved for trv? She has a very small business of online selling used clothes. And recently she started working for a company that do online order of food based in US. She owned a fairly new car. Unfortunately our house is only named after me.

I have more than $40k cad to show financial capability to support them for trv. I want to submit this as soon as possible while i’m here in my home country for vacation.

Thanks in advance.
Government announcements are not actually what actually happens in real life so would not count on things likes processing within 28 days. We are all waiting to see what will actually happen versus the announcement. Only time will tell what are the results of this change in policy. There will have to be a balance between family reunification and getting more people into the labour force (the policy was not purely based on family reunification) while trying to prevent immigration fraud. Also may end up with quite a few people realizing they don’t qualify for public healthcare on arrival. Can only imagine the pregnant women will be the largest issue.

Navreetk

Aug 20, 2021
Hello Everyone

Need some advice.
I am PR of Canada and my husband is a resident of New Zealand. Currently, I am living with my husband in New Zealand on visitor visa. I want to apply for my husband's canada visitor visa. I am just confused if i should select unite with family or simply visit or tourist category. Also, in the past about 6 years back my husband got canada study visa refusal.
If I go for unite with family what should i mention in the invitation letter and the application also ask for present address of spouse. I am not in Canada at the moment so which address should i fill.
Please reply.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He guys the tracker is marching the visa application to the Spousal sponsorship application. When I login to the tracker it is showing both application.
Same here. There is 2 application now in prtracker. 1 for spouse sponsorship and 1 for trv. Its not in there last night when I logged in.

I think they just have to update it though. Because my last update in prtracker is May 16 but now it says May 3.

edit: So if you click each application it will go to different spouse or trv. Each have their own update status which is for me May 31 for both.

Trv is already in progress. Maybe this is one of their pilot? Where they automatically integrate the trv application to the current spousal sponsorship?

Last edited:

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Same here. There is 2 application now in prtracker. 1 for spouse sponsorship and 1 for trv. Its not in there last night when I logged in.

I think they just have to update it though. Because my last update in prtracker is May 16 but now it says May 3.

edit: So if you click each application it will go to different spouse or trv. Each have their own update status which is for me May 31 for both.

Trv is already in progress. Maybe this is one of their pilot? Where they automatically integrate the trv application to the current spousal sponsorship?
Same here!!!

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Is this because UCI is the same on both TRV and spousal application? I applied for TRV before getting AOR, not sure how this will work now.
The PA UCI always stays the same no matter what application, it uses the same one. So yes

Reactions: YVR123

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is this because UCI is the same on both TRV and spousal application? I applied for TRV before getting AOR, not sure how this will work now.
As a PA do you know your UCI? If yes, then that is what you will use to apply for trv.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got UCI after applying for TRV. I have spousal application in progress, no aor yet and no UCI/app number.
If i’m not mistaken what you are seeing is a file number after applying for trv? Where it starts with something like V1234566789?

UCI is different. This is a permanent number specifically for each person who applied in Canada.