+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for filipina gf living in Taiwan

jrsmith

Nov 2, 2015
Hello,

I'd like to get a trv for my girlfriend so she can come for a two week visit. She has full time work in Taiwan, has 3 good friends here in Canada besides me.

What would be the best approach to maximize the possibility of having the visa accepted? Would I be correct that her chances are quite good as she is already working full time in another country?

I was thinking that if they know we are bf & gf that could be something that would go against her chances, although at the same time I wouldn't want to be deliberately dishonest if that would negatively affect the spousal sponsorship process (we will be getting married next year).

Thanks!!

TEOLO29

Dec 4, 2016
Hello,

I'd like to get a trv for my girlfriend so she can come for a two week visit. She has full time work in Taiwan, has 3 good friends here in Canada besides me.

What would be the best approach to maximize the possibility of having the visa accepted? Would I be correct that her chances are quite good as she is already working full time in another country?

I was thinking that if they know we are bf & gf that could be something that would go against her chances, although at the same time I wouldn't want to be deliberately dishonest if that would negatively affect the spousal sponsorship process (we will be getting married next year).

Thanks!!
Hello,
I am a Filipino working in Saudi Arabia for 5 years. I just got a passport request to submit in vfs global for visa stamping. My application just approved.

-If your GF is working in Taiwan wherein she can provides payslips/bank statement and has good balance in her account.
-previous visas if she has
-she has previous travel
-ticket booking (reservation)
-invitation(i prefer if she has a friend in Canada.. if you as her bf who will invite, i don't think so they will approved as they might think she will not come back anymore.
-letter explaining while she will visit in Canada
-medical travel insurance

all these docs i submitted online.. I got a reply after 32 days to submit passport.. good luck to her..

laineyq

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello,

Thanks!!
It would be best to be honest since you have plans of applying for spousal sponsorship in the future.

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
It doesnt matter for any kind relation.
The successfull for getting TRV is if the applicant can prove if they have strong ties to the country they belong to.. means the applicant will return home after visit Canada. Duration to visit Canada less than 3weeks (dont mentioned for applying inland sponsorship in the future).

I came to Canada (TRV) with the invitation letter from my husband in Canada along with work statement from the company i worked (backhome). Planned for 3 weeks than i got approved for 6months (CBSA officer doesnt stamp my passport) and now im permanent resident :)

Alexibra111

Dec 19, 2016
It is more beneficial to be honest in your application. In her case, you should be completely honest. If she has a stable job, and can prove strong ties to her country it will increase her chances of being issued a visitor visa. Focus on why she needs to return to her country after her stay.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
The opposite, actually. Since she is demonstrating a willingness to be based outside of the Philippines by working in Taiwan, then visa officers think that she is more likely to want to move permanently to Canada. It's a horrible slippery slope, but from all the rejected cases reported on this forum, that's the pattern that visa officers follow. The burden of proof is on the applicant.

She would need to have a very good salary in Taiwan, worked there for many years (at least five) with legal status, not be in a "volatile" industry in Canadian visa officers' eyes (medicine/nursing, BPO), and have had a good travel history, if not stability in staying in Taiwan.

You will never know until she tries for a TRV. It's good to be honest about your relationship, but at the same time, don't offer too much unnecessary information. Try to think of your GF's case carefully and try to identify possible loopholes and address them. It's not impossible, but you may have your work cut out for you. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanna

canada_soft

Jan 23, 2017
It doesnt matter for any kind relation.
The successfull for getting TRV is if the applicant can prove if they have strong ties to the country they belong to.. means the applicant will return home after visit Canada. Duration to visit Canada less than 3weeks (dont mentioned for applying inland sponsorship in the future).

I came to Canada (TRV) with the invitation letter from my husband in Canada along with work statement from the company i worked (backhome). Planned for 3 weeks than i got approved for 6months (CBSA officer doesnt stamp my passport) and now im permanent resident :)
Hi Nada, would you be so kind as to expound on the documents you and your husband provided? It would be a nice guide for those of us hoping to be in the same position as you. Thank you!

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Hi Nada, would you be so kind as to expound on the documents you and your husband provided? It would be a nice guide for those of us hoping to be in the same position as you. Thank you!
Agreed with @bellaluna..
@canada_soft this is my experience 2 years a go and other people may experience different.
We married earlier in my country (south asia). Later on my husband in Canada wanted to use lawyer for outland PR. Our lawyer insisted us (I) dont apply TRV to Canada, it may jeoperdize my position. While lawyer and us were preparing docs required for PR - i applied TRV tru VFS global (we didnt tell it to lawyer) I filled up all apps. Husband side : invitation letter, bank statement &copy of Canadian passport. From my side, i submitted bank statement, work reference from HR dept in the company (based on europe) i worked tht they make sure that i will return to my country after visit Canada, my employee's id, marriage certificate and other supported docs required for TRV. Purpose of the visit for leisure of 2weeks vacations. At that time processing TRV only 3days. On arrival lucky me CBSA officer doesnt put any date on my passport which mean im allowed to stay max 6months. Oh ya we dont continue with lawyer and applied inland PR independently.

Last edited: