+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for baby whose parents are PRs

diadem27

Mar 22, 2016
Can I have your email address ? I will share the LOE and invitation letter.
Hi Meeta,

Can you please share the template with me at shivam.iips@gmail.com.
Also i would like to check that we both are Canadian PRs currently outside of CA and based out in Singapore. Our Kid is currently with us. As we are planning to move, can we use this template while applying for his TRV ?

Also
One last piece of advise please. Currently i see the TRV processing time from "Outside of Canada" (Country-Singapore) is 33 days & "Inside of Canada" is 143 days.
In this case should i submit an online application and it will automatically take Singapore processing time (based on my mentioned country of residence)
OR
Should i go to Canadian VAC here in Singapore and submit from there so as to ensure it get processed as per mentioned Singapore processing timeframe.

diadem27

Mar 22, 2016
Hi,
Are you and your husband both PR? If yes, I don’t think you need an invitation as technically you are residents of Canada but live outside country. All you need is a Canadian address that your family will be staying and you or your husband should make the invitation for the baby. So to your second question, the relationship proof should be you or your husband with the baby depending on who made the invitation, and a birth certificate is enough. I will pm the template but you do need to stress in the letter your current situation and what you will do. Hope this helps
We are too in the same situation but one thing doesn't understand one thing - "All you need is a Canadian address that your family will be staying". How we can ensure of an address at so beginning when entire plan of our movement is based on-if the kid got his TRV. Please advise if i may have understood it incorrectly.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Hi, I am joining this thread due to being in same situation. Baby born outside Canada to PR parents. Applied in Feb 2021. Medical exam done(May 2021) and since then no update at all.
Hello i will appreciate it immensely if you can help , we are pr holders currently in pakistan , we had a daughter 9 months back , we are all set to apply for her trv , can you please guide me how to go about it , you have mentioned they asked for medical ? is medical imp for trv ? i have time till july 2022 , so like 3 months , other wise our residency obligation will get compromised ,

any help will be appreciated :(

Kumar.22

Jan 31, 2022
Good. Can you share the timeline of your kid application?
Is it thru gckey / new application?
Have you applied as single separate application for kid / along with parents as group application?
I've applied for newborn thru gckey and still waiting since Nov2021.