+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Extension

alipz34th

Feb 5, 2015
Hi everyone,

Just a question, I have submitted a TRV extension last January 21, until now I haven't received any updates with regars to my application. I would like to know if it is normal. My stay here in Canada willexpire on the 20th of March but I have return ticket back home on the 8th of March. My application in CIC is still open, they haven't reviewed it yet. can somebody help me with this? I don't know what to do. Thanks big time.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Processing time is around 40 days if submitted online. So you should wait.

According to the webpage below, they are working on applications submitted Dec 19, 2014.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

alipz34th

Feb 5, 2015
steaky said:
Processing time is around 40 days if submitted online. So you should wait.

According to the webpage below, they are working on applications submitted Dec 19, 2014.
Thanks for the response. :) if it's the case, 40 days of processing time should mean that I have to return home in the philippines. :( or I will have to rebook my ticket until the 20th of March to wait for the result. :( is it possible that the result will come out before 40 days?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you shouldn't take any action (return to Philippines or rebook flight ticket) until you get the result whether or not the extension has been approved. Also as soon as you leave Canada, you visitor extension request is finished.