+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Extension Query

alipz34th

Feb 5, 2015
Hi There,

I have a question with regards to my application for a TRV extension.

This morning, I received an email from CIC that my application status has been updated/I have a new message on my account. Upon checking my account, my application status is still open and the message was stating that I need to undergo medical. But when I checked my account again this afternoon, my application status was already closed and is already approved.

My question is, do I still need to take the medical or not? Or all I have to do is to wait for the final letter that the Immigration will send me for the details with regards my application.

Thanks much.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

If a medical is required, the approval letter will explain that you must complete a it within a certain amount of time.

FYI, a TRV is an entry visa and cannot be extended. You extended your visitor status.

alipz34th

Feb 5, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

If a medical is required, the approval letter will explain that you must complete a it within a certain amount of time.

FYI, a TRV is an entry visa and cannot be extended. You extended your visitor status.
Oh yea, i am extending my visitor status. Lol thanks for the response canuck_in_uk ☺

I'll just wait for the approval letter then. Uhm, how long does it take for them to send the approval letter when they already closed the application status? Thanks again

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
alipz34th said:
Oh yea, i am extending my visitor status. Lol thanks for the response canuck_in_uk ☺

I'll just wait for the approval letter then. Uhm, how long does it take for them to send the approval letter when they already closed the application status? Thanks again
Sorry, not sure how long it will take for them to send the letter.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
alipz34th said:
Hi There,

I have a question with regards to my application for a TRV extension.

This morning, I received an email from CIC that my application status has been updated/I have a new message on my account. Upon checking my account, my application status is still open and the message was stating that I need to undergo medical. But when I checked my account again this afternoon, my application status was already closed and is already approved.

My question is, do I still need to take the medical or not? Or all I have to do is to wait for the final letter that the Immigration will send me for the details with regards my application.
When did you apply, and how long did it take to approve it? thx for sharing
TO30

Thanks much.