+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Eligibility and Background Verification

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Hello, This is not about SOWP but regarding visiting a spouse.
A spouse of a student currently in Canada wants to apply for a visitor's visa. There is a section that asks for the occupation of the person they are visiting (student). There is no section for student. If the spouse selects the option "Unemployed", do you think it can hinder the chances of the spouse getting the Visit visa?
Some things to note, the spouse has enough money for her own proof of funds. Her in-law in Canada is also inviting her and can provide proof of funds. Does her spouse status of "Unemployed" selected in that occupation section hinder her chances?

guri00786

Oct 11, 2023
same for me i applied in overall its showing closed and detail its showing background check in progress for visit visa but i have not recived ant email from ircc.

guri00786

Oct 11, 2023
Hi dears, i have applied for temporary resident visa on 7december2022 and got biometric on 9dec. Now when i check tracker it shows- eligibility Completed, background verification in progress but at the top the Overall status is closed. What does it mean to me? Final decision has been made? Or it’s depend on the background verification?
same for also need help showing overall closed and in detail showing background check in progress.

Babbal

Jul 21, 2012
Update : Received ppr.
Applied-25th August
Biometric- same day (2 refusals)
Raised webform to delhi visa office on 16 august
Eligibility completed- 18 august
Raised webform to delhi visa office on 27th sept (Application exceeded processing timeline)
Tracker got updated with Visitor visa detail on 2nd October.
Today got bil & ppr on 3rd October.

Stay positive and If your eligibility completed in tracker it means you guys will get positive.
Thanks
Hi, Have you received passport back with stamps? I submitted my passport on 5th of Oct, waiting.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello, This is not about SOWP but regarding visiting a spouse.
A spouse of a student currently in Canada wants to apply for a visitor's visa. There is a section that asks for the occupation of the person they are visiting (student). There is no section for student. If the spouse selects the option "Unemployed", do you think it can hinder the chances of the spouse getting the Visit visa?
Some things to note, the spouse has enough money for her own proof of funds. Her in-law in Canada is also inviting her and can provide proof of funds. Does her spouse status of "Unemployed" selected in that occupation section hinder her chances?
it certainly weakens home ties & makes finances shaky

Why not SOWP and a Visitor visa? Canada Visitor visa is super tricky

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
Please reply if anyone can ….. the eligibility for my uncle file changed to completed directly not went to in process …..but overall status is in process ?? Any idea anyone … if this a positive sign as well ….

Applied october 1
Biometrics completed on 9 october
Eligibility status completed 13 october
Background in process
Overall status in process

asusjel23

Oct 17, 2023
One Quick Question:
as per the application status tracker below is the update for my visitor visa:

Application submitted: Jul 20, 2023
Biometrics: Jul 20, 2023

On 5th Sept status changed to:
eligibility: completed:
Background verification: in progress:
Overall status: Closed

I don't know what to say, even I have asked my representative to check if he has received any email for PPR or rejection. but no update
can anyone update if they know what could be the reason for delay?

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
One Quick Question:
as per the application status tracker below is the update for my visitor visa:

Application submitted: Jul 20, 2023
Biometrics: Jul 20, 2023

On 5th Sept status changed to:
eligibility: completed:
Background verification: in progress:
Overall status: Closed

I don't know what to say, even I have asked my representative to check if he has received any email for PPR or rejection. but no update
can anyone update if they know what could be the reason for delay?
Aa per my knowledge if status goes closed it is rejected… but u can call IRCC to confirm if .. your agent didn’t received any email from IRCC yet

asusjel23

Oct 17, 2023
Aa per my knowledge if status goes closed it is rejected… but u can call IRCC to confirm if .. your agent didn’t received any email from IRCC yet
even I tried to call them, they said we don't have any update you may raise webform as per your visa office which is abudhabi and they will update you