+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Eligibility and Background Verification

Jowie

Sep 20, 2023
Did you apply through GCkey or new portal??? Is there any visa dòcument number in tracker???
Same here, I applied through the Gc key, eligibility completed on tracker but being reviewed on gckey, I already got my bvl on 30th August 2023
Final decision: 30th August 2023. Your application is in progress
We’ll let you know when a final decision has been made
No numbers on tracker, I don’t really know what this means. Anybody having an idea?

Reactions: yemyem12345

hj2608

Sep 27, 2023
same here, applied on 22 august, eligibility completed on 21 Sept.

keep us posted if you see anything .
I am on the same boat, eligibility completed on 20th Sep but BG still in progress. My main problem is that my flight is on 9th October, which leaves me with just 6 more working days (in which I have to do submit my passport if at all I get the visa). Is there any way I can contact the IRCC? Web form filled 2 daysback, no response. Any email id/phone number?

Thanks!

Rk Virk

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
I am on the same boat, eligibility completed on 20th Sep but BG still in progress. My main problem is that my flight is on 9th October, which leaves me with just 6 more working days (in which I have to do submit my passport if at all I get the visa). Is there any way I can contact the IRCC? Web form filled 2 daysback, no response. Any email id/phone number?

Thanks!
Hi you send them webform from this link - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

Rk Virk

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Hey, thanks but like I said, I already filled the web form 2 days back. No response. Desperately want to get in touch with them.
yes,same with me but I saw somewhere that via this they respond us back as soon as possible. So I just send them from here to check the status .hope for best

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey, thanks but like I said, I already filled the web form 2 days back. No response. Desperately want to get in touch with them.
What information are you looking for? You can call IRCC from within Canada (or use VPN) and talk to call centre agents but they are not officers. Agent can tell you status of file. IRCC asks you not to book a flight.

abhisheksingh0221

Nov 7, 2022
hey let me know once you get any reply for the webform . I am also thinking to do the same. However, you just raised to know about the status right ?

Rk Virk

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
hey let me know once you get any reply for the webform . I am also thinking to do the same. However, you just raised to know about the status right ?
yes , I asked them about status and mentioned them that my file passed the processing days which is 31days on the website.
They already sent me generic reply that they have received my enquiry which was faster than the webform .

abhisheksingh0221

Nov 7, 2022
yes , I asked them about status and mentioned them that my file passed the processing days which is 31days on the website.
They already sent me generic reply that they have received my enquiry which was faster than the webform .
the thing is i already raised a webform to ask for the status after which my eligibility got cleared in the tracker. Now my application also has passed the timeline of 29 days processing time.

I am bit skeptical of whether to raise the webform again or just wait for few more days. Have seen people getting PPR in 10-12 days after eligibility completion.

I already got the PCC for the applicant, does it make any sense to add the PCC document to maybe help with the background check which is still in progress ?

Rk Virk

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
the thing is i already raised a webform to ask for the status after which my eligibility got cleared in the tracker. Now my application also has passed the timeline of 29 days processing time.

I am bit skeptical of whether to raise the webform again or just wait for few more days. Have seen people getting PPR in 10-12 days after eligibility completion.

I already got the PCC for the applicant, does it make any sense to add the PCC document to maybe help with the background check which is still in progress ?
No bro , not necessary.They dont have pcc requirements for visitor visa . Even I saw people get PPR from 10-14 days . I talked to someone he submitted file on 21st august and his eligibility completed on 13th sept and got ppr yesterday. So hopefully we will get in this week .

abhisheksingh0221

Nov 7, 2022
No bro , not necessary.They dont have pcc requirements for visitor visa . Even I saw people get PPR from 10-14 days . I talked to someone he submitted file on 21st august and his eligibility completed on 13th sept and got ppr yesterday. So hopefully we will get in this week .
hope so, keep posted if there's any change.

Akbar1234@

Jan 30, 2020
Applied for visitor visa
Applied on 25th August
Biometric Done in Previous application which was rejected .
Eligibility completed -18th September
Background -in progress
Status of application -in progress

Anyone in the same situation and got approval?
Is there any visa document number on ircc tracker?? From which country you applied???

abhisheksingh0221

Nov 7, 2022
Is there any visa document number on ircc tracker?? From which country you applied???
first you should get a BVL document and 24 hours post that the tracker should reflect the visa number. At times you get BVL and PPR together. Keep a look at the mail for any notifications.

rizkhan2516

Sep 28, 2023
Visitor visa
Applied on: 9th sep
Biometric completed:13sep
Eligibility completed: 18th sep
Back ground check in progress
Last update 18th sep on tracker
But on main portal it says eligibility in progress background check in progress
Still wating any idea ?
applied from saudi Arabia
Status of application: in progress