+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Eligibility and Background Verification

dmmarkazi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2023
The question is if my application get completed in term of decision making,So why is the background check still in progress ? Why didn’t received any email, any update , any symptom about decision approved or rejection. Last update April 19, 2023.
Post your timeline.

Which country did you apply from?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello everyone
Last update 13 July on tracker
Share my timeline
- Application submitted: June 19
- Biometrics request: June 26
- Biometrics appointment: July 5
- Biometrics completed: July 13
- Background: In progress
- Eligibility completed: July 10
No visa number etc. displayed on tracker This is shown only if you are approved
What you think guys any good news or not? Cannot predict and depends on your documents in the submission
I am very worried about.
Apply from london with Indian passport.

Mehdifrom

Jul 15, 2023
Your application status on tracker changes to close once your application gets completed in terms of decision making. For e.g. I applied for a TRV inside canada and after getting PPR, I sent my passport for stamping. Once counterfoil was updated on GC key and application status changed to approved on GC Key, the application status on tracker changed to closed for me.
Applied from turkey

devanshumevada

Star Member
Apr 18, 2021
Category........
STUDY
All i see in tracker:

biometric - Completed

Eligibility - Completed

Medical Exam - Not started

Background verification - In progress

————-

Application Status - Closed

————

Application history:

Jul 05, 2023

We received your enquiry.

Jan 10, 2023

We sent you a message about your application
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.

Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.

Dec 07, 2022

We received the passport(s)/travel document(s) you sent us.

Dec 07, 2022

We received the marriage certificate/licence you sent us.

Dec 07, 2022

We received the passport photos you sent us.

Dec 07, 2022

We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.

Dec 07, 2022

We sent you a message about your application

Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary

Dec 07, 2022

Payment of biometric fees

We sent you a message with instructions on how to pay your biometric fees. Once we’ve processed your payment, we’ll send instructions on when and how to give your biometrics. Please complete by the date shown in your message.

Dec 07, 2022

Application received

We received your application and we’re checking to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application is incomplete, we’ll return it to you without processing it. If your application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get a message confirming we’ve accepted your application for processing
Not sure about this. For me and everyone I know who recently got TRV within Canada, the status was changed to closed after the counterfoil was generated.

Mehdifrom

Jul 15, 2023
Not sure about this. For me and everyone I know who recently got TRV within Canada, the status was changed to closed after the counterfoil was generated.
I become confused. Can i ask what happened to your background verification final status after ppr?
Did it become completed or was it left in the In progress at the end?

Mehdifrom

Jul 15, 2023
yes. changed to completed after stamping.
Thanks, think I have to wait. Whatever the final decision is, it hasn’t been decided yet. Because of the current background verification statu, and haven’t received any mail or update on gckey and tracker related to the decision. The only strange point is why the application status is closed.

dmmarkazi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2023
Thanks, think I have to wait. Whatever the final decision is, it hasn’t been decided yet. Because of the current background verification statu, and haven’t received any mail or update on gckey and tracker related to the decision. The only strange point is why the application status is closed.
There is no rhyme or reason for why these files are handled. Each Immigration Officer handles their assigned files differently.

Reactions: Mehdifrom

devanshumevada

Star Member
Apr 18, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Might be some technical glitch. It shouldn't take long if you have applied from within Canada. Hardly a month to get. PPR.

Umangi1804

Jul 19, 2023
Hi I'm in a similar situation. Applied on June 1 and the last update was on June 9 when I got the BVL. No update after that.

On Tracker it says - Eligibility completed, Background check in progress.

The Tracker is displaying visa number and the expiry date.

Is it a good news ?
Same boat
Di you received ppr?

Blissace256

Sep 4, 2023
Hello there...am facing the same issue right now ....my overall status says closed yet background check is still in progress....have you received any recent updates or it's still the same?

Blissace256

Sep 4, 2023
Hi dears, i have applied for temporary resident visa on 7december2022 and got biometric on 9dec. Now when i check tracker it shows- eligibility Completed, background verification in progress but at the top the Overall status is closed. What does it mean to me? Final decision has been made? Or it’s depend on the background verification?
Hello...
I have the same issue here...my overall status says closed, eligibility completed, biometrics completed but my background check is still in progress...have you received any recent updates?