+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV denied for Mother

CanadianBacon8

Mar 24, 2017
I applied Visotor's visa for my parents to attend my convication but it got rejected for the following reasons.

-travel history
-purpose of travel
-personal assets and financial status
-you have not provided sufficient documentation to support your/ your host's income and assets.

What should I do? I want to reapply her.

I came from a poor family and my mom never had a paid work. I am here on a full scholarship, the instituation who was sponsoring me pays for my tuition fees, food and board, monthly allowance, medical insurance and books and I also work on the side.
I had atleast 15,000$ on my account when I applied for my mom. I even said on my letter that my mom never had a work so I'm going to sponsor her and pay for everything she needs while here including travel and medical insurance. This is the best gift I can give to my mom.
i included also the invitation for my convocation and a letter from the institution that I am indeed convocating this summer.
We included land titles and even an adoption certification of my 3-year old (adapted) sibling just to prove her family ties in the Philippines.
I hope you guys can help me what is the next step i should do.

Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
CanadianBacon8 said:
I applied Visotor's visa for my parents to attend my convication but it got rejected for the following reasons.

-travel history
-purpose of travel
-personal assets and financial status
-you have not provided sufficient documentation to support your/ your host's income and assets.

What should I do? I want to reapply her.

I came from a poor family and my mom never had a paid work. I am here on a full scholarship, the instituation who was sponsoring me pays for my tuition fees, food and board, monthly allowance, medical insurance and books and I also work on the side.
I had atleast 15,000$ on my account when I applied for my mom. I even said on my letter that my mom never had a work so I'm going to sponsor her and pay for everything she needs while here including travel and medical insurance. This is the best gift I can give to my mom.
i included also the invitation for my convocation and a letter from the institution that I am indeed convocating this summer.
We included land titles and even an adoption certification of my 3-year old (adapted) sibling just to prove her family ties in the Philippines.
I hope you guys can help me what is the next step i should do.

Thanks
So how does your mother pay her expenses? Does she have any income? Did she provide enough evidence of it?

Unfortunately CIC wants to see your mother can afford the trip. It does indeed raises concerns that you got so much money and she has none. It kind of looks like you are trying to get her to Canada and then work or live. People from TRVs needed countries are assumed to want to immigrate illegally, so it is the travellers' sole responsibility to prove otherwise.

Usually people in your situation arrange a deposit to their parent's account. This is done 3-4 months BEFORE the visa application is made. You should include with the application proof of where the money came from (you), where it was deposited (their account) and with which purpose (travel). CIC wants to 1) see your mother has money at her total disposal 2) the travel plan has been well thought 3) there is commitment from all the sides. Do you have time to do so? Hopefully you do.

CanadianBacon8

Mar 24, 2017
Jalex23 said:
So how does your mother pay her expenses? Does she have any income? Did she provide enough evidence of it?

Unfortunately CIC wants to see your mother can afford the trip. It does indeed raises concerns that you got so much money and she has none. It kind of looks like you are trying to get her to Canada and then work or live. People from TRVs needed countries are assumed to want to immigrate illegally, so it is the travellers' sole responsibility to prove otherwise.

Usually people in your situation arrange a deposit to their parent's account. This is done 3-4 months BEFORE the visa application is made. You should include with the application proof of where the money came from (you), where it was deposited (their account) and with which purpose (travel). CIC wants to 1) see your mother has money at her total disposal 2) the travel plan has been well thought 3) there is commitment from all the sides. Do you have time to do so? Hopefully you do.
Thank you so much for your reply. No, she does not have any saving. I included in my application my pay stubs, itr, letter of employment. But all of those are mine not her. Convocation is on June 30

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How long a visit did she request?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would reduce that to 2 weeks if you decide to reapply.

CanadianBacon8

Mar 24, 2017
scylla said:
I would reduce that to 2 weeks if you decide to reapply.
If I am going to re-apply what should I do? How am I going to address the issues? Any idea? What if I'm going to use a co-sponsor? Like the institution who is sponsoring me? Or like my first cousin who is a Canadian citizen? Thanks a lot

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
CanadianBacon8 said:
If I am going to re-apply what should I do? How am I going to address the issues? Any idea? What if I'm going to use a co-sponsor? Like the institution who is sponsoring me? Or like my first cousin who is a Canadian citizen? Thanks a lot
Unless you are in a rush, why don't you apply for ATIP notes? refusal letters are very generic, won't help you decipher the actual rejection reasons.

CanadianBacon8

Mar 24, 2017
twuser said:
Unless you are in a rush, why don't you apply for ATIP notes? refusal letters are very generic, won't help you decipher the actual rejection reasons.
How can I do that? Does it take long to get that?

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
CanadianBacon8 said:
How can I do that? Does it take long to get that?
Takes 30 days to arrive. Lots of threads on this forum alone on how to apply. google for it, there is a step by step youtube video on how you can request for notes.

CanadianBacon8

Mar 24, 2017
twuser said:
Takes 30 days to arrive. Lots of threads on this forum alone on how to apply. google for it, there is a step by step youtube video on how you can request for notes.
That will be too late.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
CanadianBacon8 said:
Your mother is the one who has to show she can afford the trip.

Not you, not a co-sponsor, not third parties.

CanadianBacon8

Mar 24, 2017
Jalex23 said:
Your mother is the one who has to show she can afford the trip.

Not you, not a co-sponsor, not third parties.
I guess I cannot bring my mother this time. I do not have enough time to send money to my moms acoount

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
CanadianBacon8 said:
I guess I cannot bring my mother this time. I do not have enough time to send money to my moms acoount
Really sorry to hear this. I usually don't recommend to use sob stories in visa applications, but IMO you can lean on that in this special case. Did you explain in your letter than you are a scholar? Did you submit any documents regarding this? You could still include a letter of explanation that you had deposited the money to your mom's account (since it was less than 3 months) and show your side of the transaction as well.

I don't think all hope is lost, but you just have a very, very, slim chance. If you can somehow get a job offer, that might also help.