+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Approved, special thanks to Bryanna

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna has not been active for 9 months. Also, the following is a waste of money and is not required:

1) flight tickets
2) hotel confirmation
3) affidavit of assurance to return

Btw, did you mentioned a detailed intinerary in your letter of invitation?

Hi @Bryanna,

Can u pls help me. My husband visa got rejected on below ground:

current employment situation,
family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. ,
personal assets and financial status.

Below documents are attached.

Documents from Applicant:

• Original Passport
  • Application forms
  • Employment letter
  • NOC from employer
  • Pay slips
  • Income tax Return & Form 16
  • Bank Statement (Salary & Personal)
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Marriage & Casual Photos
  • Flight Tickets
  • Hotel booking confirmations
  • Chartered Accountant Report
  • Affidavit of Assurance to Return

Documents from Spouse:

• Passport copy
  • Student Visa copy
  • Letter of acceptance
  • Fee Receipts
  • CAQ
  • GIC certificate
  • Signed Invitation letter

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Can u pls help me. My husband visa got rejected on below ground:
current employment situation,
How long is your husband working for the company? This could either be not enough tenure with the company or the salary is low for the visa officer.
family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. ,
personal assets and financial status.
What was the purpose of visit? How long have you've been in Canada as a student? Even if your husband does not have any intention to overstay in Canada, the visa officers will assume that he would want to be with you in Canada. Hence the reason family ties in Canada.
Ties refers to job, family, assets and properties or reasons to stay in the home country. It appears that his ties in your home country is weak and did not meet the visa officer's standards. The fact that his job and assets were the reasons for refusal.

afreshai

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
To explain my case current I am in my home country and will be going for May intake. Just wanted him to accompany me in the initial days of around 23 days.

As of now we have not thought of SOWP. Later on if required he will do so.

So now just wanted visitor visa as many of my friends have done the same.

You are right @kat3onah his current employment is not that old. He joined last year in June. For family ties and assets we provided CA Report.

@steaky yes mentioned everything in the cover letter.

Kindly experts give ur suggestion

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To explain my case current I am in my home country and will be going for May intake. Just wanted him to accompany me in the initial days of around 23 days.

As of now we have not thought of SOWP. Later on if required he will do so.

So now just wanted visitor visa as many of my friends have done the same.

You are right @kat3onah his current employment is not that old. He joined last year in June. For family ties and assets we provided CA Report.

@steaky yes mentioned everything in the cover letter.

Kindly experts give ur suggestion
There are clearly fears that he plans in remaining in Canada. Others may have had the a TRV before their spouse applied for a study permit.

Anjaliminhas

Mar 6, 2020
Hi everyone,
This is regarding spouse work permit visa for my husband. I came to Canada on a study visa in November 2016 and I graduated April 2019. I am currently on PGWP valid till September 2022. Me and my husband were dating since 2013 and when I first arrived here we just had an engagement ceremony and then I visited him in India in august 2017 during break that we get before starting of new semester. Then I went back to India again in February 2019 and got married but it was just the wedding rituals. I stayed with my husband and his family for 21 days. During that time we went for our honeymoon as well. I came back and then applied for my husband's trv for my convocation but got rejected as they were not satisfied with his financial condition. I visited him again this year for February and we were staying together. I got bunch of other government documents updated with my husband's name on it. I got spouse name added to my passport. Then we have joint bank account with my spouse home address, I have my Indian govt. ID on his address and his name as my spouse on it. I have skype screenshots and Pictures from the time before we got married so that we can prove the genuinity. Also right now we will start calling from our own phone number instead of whatsapp as we can't add whatsapp call history.
Talking about his financial status, he has a clothing shop in a small town since 2014 and he has ITR for that shop too. It is a rented shop and mostly all the sales and purchases are done with cash in small remote towns in India. Right now his account balance is 16000$ but the problem is that he is doing shop business in a savings account. I've heard a lot of people saying that for a business we should have a current account etc. etc. Also, he has shop registered on his name, lease agreement for his name as the shop is rented. Do you think we can just show all the business from his savings account or is there a better way according to your experience?
Also I have NOC B job from May 2018 in vancouver for sowp requirement.
Thank You.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
This is regarding spouse work permit visa for my husband. I came to Canada on a study visa in November 2016 and I graduated April 2019. I am currently on PGWP valid till September 2022. Me and my husband were dating since 2013 and when I first arrived here we just had an engagement ceremony and then I visited him in India in august 2017 during break that we get before starting of new semester. Then I went back to India again in February 2019 and got married but it was just the wedding rituals. I stayed with my husband and his family for 21 days. During that time we went for our honeymoon as well. I came back and then applied for my husband's trv for my convocation but got rejected as they were not satisfied with his financial condition. I visited him again this year for February and we were staying together. I got bunch of other government documents updated with my husband's name on it. I got spouse name added to my passport. Then we have joint bank account with my spouse home address, I have my Indian govt. ID on his address and his name as my spouse on it. I have skype screenshots and Pictures from the time before we got married so that we can prove the genuinity. Also right now we will start calling from our own phone number instead of whatsapp as we can't add whatsapp call history.
Talking about his financial status, he has a clothing shop in a small town since 2014 and he has ITR for that shop too. It is a rented shop and mostly all the sales and purchases are done with cash in small remote towns in India. Right now his account balance is 16000$ but the problem is that he is doing shop business in a savings account. I've heard a lot of people saying that for a business we should have a current account etc. etc. Also, he has shop registered on his name, lease agreement for his name as the shop is rented. Do you think we can just show all the business from his savings account or is there a better way according to your experience?
Also I have NOC B job from May 2018 in vancouver for sowp requirement.
Thank You.
This case is similar to you. Might be helpful to order the ATIP notes too:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wifes-trv-is-refused-i-am-on-work-permit-in-canada.681847/

Anjaliminhas

Mar 6, 2020
We do have ATIP notes too. They only said that his savings were very less At that time for a visitor visa like whY would someone spend all the savings for visiting canada and they said chances are that he will not go back to India. That is why we are trying to establish his business. How can we prove that his business in India is established enough for him to come back to India after our work permit expires.

Intianu

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
Hello all,

Just wanted to share that my TRV has been approved, and wanted to thank the forum members for all the support they provided during the stressed out period of waiting for Visa.

I am summing up my complete experience below so that It might help other members of the forum in planning to apply for TRV.

My paternal cousin lives in Toronto, and we have been since long planning to visit him, the plans materialized this summer and then started the long and stressful process of information gathering for applying for visa.
All the bad stories I had heard about Chandigarh consulate being very selective in issuing visa and high rejection rate of 60% further compounded my stress levels.

Anyways, I started noting down all the information that I gathered from different sources and summarized it at one place.

Brief Summary of Documents required

1) Application Form
2) Family Information Form
3) Invitation letter from my brother
4) Marriage certificate
5) Valid Passport
6) Travel History
7) Financial Support Documents
8.) Photos
9) Purpose of Travel

The following documents were submitted by me under the given heads

1) Application Form
Completely filled form
2) Family Information Form
Completely filled form
3) Invitation letter from my brother

An original Invitation letter mentioning our relationship, his address and he would like us to visit him and would be responsible for all expenses while we are there.
Mentioned our exact travel dates, NO detailed itinerary was mentioned.
This letter along with copy of his salary slip and t4 form was notarized and sent to me by fedex.

I included all original notarized documents along with fedex receipt that came along the envelop.

4) Marriage certificate
I did not have one, so I prepared an affidavit http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/pdf/AnnexureD.pdf along with both our photographs and a copy of our marriage card.
5) Valid Passport
of course :)
6) Travel History
I submitted photocopies of my passport pages containing my previous Schengen visa and singapore visa along with all entry and exit stamps.
This was done for my , my spouse and my son's passport.

7) Financial Support Documents
a) Certificate of fixed deposits mentioning all my FD's with bank
b) Bank statement of my and my spouse savings account for last six months showing salary credits(we are both working) (the statements were stamped by bank)
c) Demat holding certificate from Bank, showing my shares holding
d) My and spouse income tax returns for last 3 years
e) Property evaluation of properties in my name, by a certified evaluater.
f) NOC from our employers mentioning date of joining, designation, approved leave period and no objection in filing visa, addressed to whomsoever it may concern.
g) Both our salary slips for last 6 months
h) My provident fund statement showing the balance upto date. (this was an e-statement no attestation needed)
i) Mutual Funds e-statements without any stamping
j) NOC from school of my son mentioning leave and no objection in applying for visa.

I also prepared a summary document mentioning total of liquid assets and property value and pasted it above all the documents submitted.
Please note that none of the liquid assets were in my name, they were in my wives name and only property was in my name.
Also my savings account did not have any large balance, both our savings account combined had just over 1 lac rupees.

This point brought me to this forum, I was stressed about this when some known guy told me that you should have balance in savings before you apply.
I actually joined the forums after I had applied but hats off to Bryanna for her/his (Hey I dont know that yet, shame on me :)) advice and temperament, Bryanna was very patient with all my questions (however silly they would be ;) ) whether on forums or in PM.
And that kept me going or else I would have gone nuts by the time I knew about the visa result.

8.) Photos
clicked as per specifications
9) Purpose of Travel
I did not submit anything, no confirmed tickets, no itinerary nothing
Just a covering letter mentioning our details (company name designation experience etc.) , that I would like to visit my cousin and all required documents are attached.

I submitted all the papers through VFS on 22nd of April and was told that it would take around 15 days for decision.
The fees to VFS was paid in cash.

I heard back from VFS via SMS mentioning that process has been completed and passport dispatched by blue dart courier on 13th of May.
Then started the wait for passport to reach as you do not know about decision till the time you have the passport, as I had applied through VFS no approval/rejection mail was received by me.
Also to Track your passport you can use your application tracking ID provided by VFS and select reference number instead of waybill number on blue dart's site.

Finally I got all our passports yesterday and Yipeee !!! the visa's were stamped on all passports till expiry of passports, multiple entry.

So just wanted to share my experience with all you wonderful guys here and wanted to Thank Bryanna for her/his ;) support.

Also I realize that some people here have a very negative attitude towards Chandigarh consulate, but going by my experience , I guess they really are not bad as they are projected.
If you have a genuine case and all supporting documents you WILL get the visa.

Cheers !!

Timeline

Passport and documents submitted to vfs : 22 nd April
Office : Chandigarh
Result : Approved on 12 th May , dispatched on 13th and received on 14th May in Chandigarh itself.
Wow!! Congratulations