+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Approved, special thanks to Bryanna

harneet463

Apr 22, 2015
Hello all,

Just wanted to share that my TRV has been approved, and wanted to thank the forum members for all the support they provided during the stressed out period of waiting for Visa.

I am summing up my complete experience below so that It might help other members of the forum in planning to apply for TRV.

My paternal cousin lives in Toronto, and we have been since long planning to visit him, the plans materialized this summer and then started the long and stressful process of information gathering for applying for visa.
All the bad stories I had heard about Chandigarh consulate being very selective in issuing visa and high rejection rate of 60% further compounded my stress levels.

Anyways, I started noting down all the information that I gathered from different sources and summarized it at one place.

Brief Summary of Documents required

1) Application Form
2) Family Information Form
3) Invitation letter from my brother
4) Marriage certificate
5) Valid Passport
6) Travel History
7) Financial Support Documents
8.) Photos
9) Purpose of Travel

The following documents were submitted by me under the given heads

1) Application Form
Completely filled form
2) Family Information Form
Completely filled form
3) Invitation letter from my brother

An original Invitation letter mentioning our relationship, his address and he would like us to visit him and would be responsible for all expenses while we are there.
Mentioned our exact travel dates, NO detailed itinerary was mentioned.
This letter along with copy of his salary slip and t4 form was notarized and sent to me by fedex.

I included all original notarized documents along with fedex receipt that came along the envelop.

4) Marriage certificate
I did not have one, so I prepared an affidavit http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/pdf/AnnexureD.pdf along with both our photographs and a copy of our marriage card.
5) Valid Passport
of course :)
6) Travel History
I submitted photocopies of my passport pages containing my previous Schengen visa and singapore visa along with all entry and exit stamps.
This was done for my , my spouse and my son's passport.

7) Financial Support Documents
a) Certificate of fixed deposits mentioning all my FD's with bank
b) Bank statement of my and my spouse savings account for last six months showing salary credits(we are both working) (the statements were stamped by bank)
c) Demat holding certificate from Bank, showing my shares holding
d) My and spouse income tax returns for last 3 years
e) Property evaluation of properties in my name, by a certified evaluater.
f) NOC from our employers mentioning date of joining, designation, approved leave period and no objection in filing visa, addressed to whomsoever it may concern.
g) Both our salary slips for last 6 months
h) My provident fund statement showing the balance upto date. (this was an e-statement no attestation needed)
i) Mutual Funds e-statements without any stamping
j) NOC from school of my son mentioning leave and no objection in applying for visa.

I also prepared a summary document mentioning total of liquid assets and property value and pasted it above all the documents submitted.
Please note that none of the liquid assets were in my name, they were in my wives name and only property was in my name.
Also my savings account did not have any large balance, both our savings account combined had just over 1 lac rupees.

This point brought me to this forum, I was stressed about this when some known guy told me that you should have balance in savings before you apply.
I actually joined the forums after I had applied but hats off to Bryanna for her/his (Hey I dont know that yet, shame on me :)) advice and temperament, Bryanna was very patient with all my questions (however silly they would be ;) ) whether on forums or in PM.
And that kept me going or else I would have gone nuts by the time I knew about the visa result.

8.) Photos
clicked as per specifications
9) Purpose of Travel
I did not submit anything, no confirmed tickets, no itinerary nothing
Just a covering letter mentioning our details (company name designation experience etc.) , that I would like to visit my cousin and all required documents are attached.

I submitted all the papers through VFS on 22nd of April and was told that it would take around 15 days for decision.
The fees to VFS was paid in cash.

I heard back from VFS via SMS mentioning that process has been completed and passport dispatched by blue dart courier on 13th of May.
Then started the wait for passport to reach as you do not know about decision till the time you have the passport, as I had applied through VFS no approval/rejection mail was received by me.
Also to Track your passport you can use your application tracking ID provided by VFS and select reference number instead of waybill number on blue dart's site.

Finally I got all our passports yesterday and Yipeee !!! the visa's were stamped on all passports till expiry of passports, multiple entry.

So just wanted to share my experience with all you wonderful guys here and wanted to Thank Bryanna for her/his ;) support.

Also I realize that some people here have a very negative attitude towards Chandigarh consulate, but going by my experience , I guess they really are not bad as they are projected.
If you have a genuine case and all supporting documents you WILL get the visa.

Cheers !!

Timeline

Passport and documents submitted to vfs : 22 nd April
Office : Chandigarh
Result : Approved on 12 th May , dispatched on 13th and received on 14th May in Chandigarh itself.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Harneet,

Once again, I'm truly happy for you/your wife/kid.... this is super fantastic.... you had an excellent case from the beginning :) .... the visa officer evaluates the overall financial situation and not just the bank statement :)

The information you have posted is very useful and quite in-depth.... it will help many TRV applicants

Now, do enjoy a completely stress-free holiday :p :p

I actually joined the forums after I had applied but hats off to Bryanna for her/his (Hey I dont know that yet, shame on me Smiley) advice and temperament, Bryanna was very patient with all my questions (however silly they would be Wink ) whether on forums or in PM.
And that kept me going or else I would have gone nuts by the time I knew about the visa result.
On reading my posts, it's easy to tell that these posts are not written by a guy LOL

Also, Bryanna is a female name.... I'm not a guy ha ha

Cheers :)

• Haha
Reactions: pradee2p2

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Thanks Harneet, this is very valuable information.

I am Delhi based and thinking to apply TRV for my mother and myself Online. My Brother is PR in Canada and sponsoring us for family visit.

I am currently working in MNC and just accompanying my mother as she can't go alone. I have applied my leaves and got bonafide certificate from my employer. So do I need NOC also?

I am just going for 2 weeks, my mother will stay for 3 months. In Delhi I have flat for which currently I am paying EMI's. Should I get it evaluated ?

Requesting your help.

harneet463

Apr 22, 2015
yes to both.
You would be needing an NOC to apply for visa from your employer.
And yes get the flat evaluated from a certified evaluater and attach the original certificate with your application , keep a copy for your records.

Cheers !!

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
harneet463 said:
yes to both.
You would be needing an NOC to apply for visa from your employer.
And yes get the flat evaluated from a certified evaluater and attach the original certificate with your application , keep a copy for your records.

Cheers !!
How much it cost to evaluate from certified person?

In banafide certificate it is written that this certificate is issued for tourist visa. And any difference in NOC and bonafide.

harneet463

Apr 22, 2015
Cost I am not sure, My friend was one and It helps to have friends ;) so mine was free :p but typically should be around 1000-1500 just a vague guess.
There is no difference in NOC, as long as the letter provides name of employer, applicant's position/occupation, date employment commenced and annual earnings

Hope this helps !!

Cheers

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Not always the case... My fiance submitted all of the above... his case is genuine. And he was rejected first time for 'purpose of visit' when we clearly stated that it was because we are getting marrined (In India) in Sept, and my Mother can not attend the wedding due to her health. We proven beyond all doubt that I will be there in India at his address in Sept, meaning this is proof he wont overstay. (I had sent my Canadian Military leave pass, signed by my commanding officer with my fiances address on it as location on leave and dates in Aug-Sep) plus my plane tickets and india visa for Aug-Sep. He also included bookings for our banquet hall etc in Sept, and hotel bookin in Pahalgam and Gulmarg for our honeymoon, in his name for Sept. So CIC had no reason to think he would still be in Canada beyond his Visa dates. but they still rejected him from Chandigarh and reason was only 'purpose of visit'

We are reapplying using his cousin address as a 'temporary residence' now... his cousin lives in Delhi so hoping that Delhi office will accept the application and not send it back to Chandigarh. His permanenet residence is Srinagar Kashmir so jurisdiction is Chandigarh but we were told Delhi approves much higher rate. I dont know what else we can include... in addition to all the above you mentioned, I am also having my Mother write a letter and include photos to show her medical condition is valid. And if we can get a doctor note as well over the weekend (he's reapplying Monday).

harneet463

Apr 22, 2015
Hello harkiran,

I am no experts in Visa processing, but my two cents are that instead of proving that you have to come to india for wedding and submitting the required proof's, it would be better to submit proof's concerning your fiance.
1) Property papers, IT returns , salary slips , Leave certificate, PF statement, Share holding, mutual funds, anything you can think of to prove his ties to this country.

2) Applying from delhi with temporary address is not a good idea in my opinion, how do you plan to show that why is he residing in Delhi when he has job elsewhere, moreover the application will have a cic number already generated for him and VO will already be knowing about the rejection and rejection reasons.

3) I remember you talking about some lawyer, is he still involved and did he advise to apply from Delhi.

I understand how frustrated you would be at this moment and all I can do is pray that your fiance gets the Visa this time and is able to meet your mother before you get married.

All the best !!

Munnimehek

May 4, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 2nd AOR : 17-02- 2010
File Transfer...
07-02-2010, In Process- :01-02-2011, after 1 yr. Update doc sent: 23-01-2012. Real IP: 13-04-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012 Med's send: 01-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012
Dear harneet463,

I am applying for super visa for my parents. I am applying on behalf of my father & adding my mother with him.
For that reason I can see that I need to fill up Applications (IMM5713).

Did you fill up IMM5713 form for your visa application?
Would anyone kindly advice me I need to fill up & print, and my parents has to sing & send a scan copy to submit with the application?

Please help me...

Girisha

May 22, 2015
Hello both

I'm going to apply for visiting visa to Canada to visit my cousin for two weeks. Please could you give me format of employment letter, invitation letter and a cover letter?

Also I currently live in UK on a temporary visa but I do not own any proprieties here. Would that be a problem? I can provide the bank statement and salary as income. other than that I do not have anything to show here. Please can you advise me what else I have to submit as supporting documents? I need to know urgently please!!!

Many thanks for your help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Girisha,

It would be better to apply for a TRV from your home country.... as you're on a Visit Visa in the UK

You must prove that you are not likely to overstay your visit to Canada.... for this, you must show you have employment/financial/family/property ties in your home country + previous travel history will help + itinerary with finances for your visit

Bank statements and salary slips are not adequate for a TRV application.... you may want to consider the above "ties" with supporting documents before you apply

Girisha

May 22, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for your reply. I live in UK currently since last 6 years and I work here. I am visiting Canada so I have to apply from UK only because I work here. I do not hold any properties in the UK though.

I could provide employment letter, but for financial/family/property I do not have anything here to show really. I could also provide previous travel history from UK. Do you think these are not enough? Please could you adivise.

How much do i have to maintain on bank when i apply the visa and how many months bank statement should I provide?

Many thanks for your help :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Girisha,

You mentioned earlier you're in the UK on a temporary visa which means a General Visit Visa of 6 months. Anyways

If you're in the UK since the last 6 years then your status would probably be a WP or an ILR.... you can provide proof of your UK immigration status

You can submit evidence for:
Employment: Appointment letter + 6 months salary slips + time off work approval letter, etc
Financial Investments + 3 months bank statements + Tax Returns for the last 2 years + Credit Card statements stating credit limits/dues
Lease agreement for the property you're renting (if that's the case)
Previous travel history

Itinerary for your Canada visit + finances to cover it

Typically, one must show about CAD 1000 per week of visit + airfare + surplus funds to cover other expenses

From your cousin in Canada: Invitation Letter + immigration status in Canada + NOA/T4 + bank statement etc

Girisha

May 22, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

I am very grateful to your prompt response every time. Please could you advise what is NOA/T4 - which needs to be provided by my cousin in Canada? And how my does she has to have on her bank when she provides the statement?

I apologies for the hazzle.

Many thanks

Girisha