TRV Approved, special thanks to Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Girisha,

No problem at all :)

NOA ie Notice of Assessment.... Income Tax Returns

T4.... similar to the UK P60

Your cousin's bank balance must be reasonable enough to support your visit besides paying for her expenses

Cheers :)

Stkv

May 27, 2015
I applied TRV recently, and got an email from Consulate stating my application has been finalised, and my passport will be dispatched tomorrow. I dont know what it means? Visa approved or rejected :( I have to wait till I get my passport hehehe

nancybm

May 27, 2015
Bryanna maybe you can help,

Me and my fiancé (Botswana citizens) would like to visit Canada on a temporary resident visa and look for a job, his uncle is a Canadian resident and is willing to pay for the air ticket for both of us. we are getting married in December and would like to travel in February 2016, my question is how much money do we need to have each in bank account? can they grant us a 6 months or more stay in Canada and is it possible to get a job while on TRV?

thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Nancy,

Do check how far in advance you can apply for TRVs

my question is how much money do we need to have each in bank account?
Typically, one must show adequate finances.... maybe CAD 1000 per person per week of visit + airfare + for other expenses.

can they grant us a 6 months or more stay in Canada
None of us can say for how long you will be granted TRVs.... it all depends on the assessment made by the visa officer based on the strong ties to your home country + if s/he believes you have reasons to visit Canada again

If you are granted a visa, then the authorized period for which you may remain in Canada depends on the CBSA officer you encounter at the immigration.... if he deems you to be admissible then you may get a 6 months entry stamp.... or a date may be written under the stamp ie the date until which you can remain

is it possible to get a job while on TRV?
You'll have to find an employer who is willing to hire you and go through the LMIA process.... which could take months for processing, with no guarantees to being successful

Do check this link for WPs:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp

All the best :)

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
harneet463 said:
Hello harkiran,

I am no experts in Visa processing, but my two cents are that instead of proving that you have to come to india for wedding and submitting the required proof's, it would be better to submit proof's concerning your fiance.
1) Property papers, IT returns , salary slips , Leave certificate, PF statement, Share holding, mutual funds, anything you can think of to prove his ties to this country.

2) Applying from delhi with temporary address is not a good idea in my opinion, how do you plan to show that why is he residing in Delhi when he has job elsewhere, moreover the application will have a cic number already generated for him and VO will already be knowing about the rejection and rejection reasons.

3) I remember you talking about some lawyer, is he still involved and did he advise to apply from Delhi.

I understand how frustrated you would be at this moment and all I can do is pray that your fiance gets the Visa this time and is able to meet your mother before you get married.

All the best !!

1) He has supplied all of these already the first time. In addition to all the other stuff.

2) His job takes him to Delhi frequently to meet with various Ministers etc. So having temporary residence in Delhi makes sense. Our only reason for rejection first time was "Purpose of visit" so this time we included letter from my Mom which shows in photos her medical condition and why she cant attend our wedding. Also I got the Gurdwara here to write an invitation letter as well since they know he will be in the area visiting me and would like him to speak on his volunteer work / international level awards etc in areas of peace initiatives, helping downtrodden, and environment. One award was from Delhi Gurdwara Management Committee... so the Sikh link is there.

3) The lawyer 'strategy' was to hold the application until they could hand deliver it to specific visa officers in Chandigarh, avoiding the ones they know to be notorious for rejecting all Punjabis. In over one month it was still sitting on his desk! So I was the one who told him, pull that application from these people and applyin Delhi under temporary address.

There were no other reasons than 'purpose of visit' so I think we have successfully proven that he wont overstay the first time as that was not checked. The purpose of visit I hope will be more clear this time with my Moms health letter.

His application is probably big enough to fit a 1" 3 ring binder! He has all his paperwork for work, letters he must return, letters from NGOs he volunteers with, one he is CEO of in India called SAVE, details of the international awards he has received in peace initiatives, environment, charity, bank statements, assets, proof of a dependent Mother who lives with him, proof of previous international travel including to Thailand on behalf of India as a representative to make a presentation in front of 1 million gathering. He also included proof of hall rental in Srinagar Kashmir for our wedding in Sept, in his name.
Then also my bank statements, previous Indian Visas x 3 with his address as the location, my current Indian Visa for August also with his address, my Canadian Forces Leave Pass with his address for August, my plane tickets to Kashmir for AUgust, my pay stetments from Canadian Forces, passport copy, proof of utility bills, etc.
Refused based on only 'Purpose of visit' even though we clearly stated in cover letter and my invitation letter two reasons: to meet my Mother prior to our marriage as she can't come due to her health, and to make presentation at our Gurdwara here locally.

New things this time:
Letter from my Mother with photos showing her medical condition and her explaining that she will not support me marrying him without her meeting him first.
Letter from the Gurdwara here locally signed by all executive members inviting him to speak at the GUrdwara since he will be in the area already, and assuring CIC that they will make sure he gets back to the airport to make it back to India.
Letter was forwarded from my Member of Parliament stating that our case is genuine and that the visit is so he can meet my Mother (and rest of my family) prior to our marriage and reiterates my Moms health condition. This was sent by the MP office directly to the High Commission in Delhi for inclusion on his file.

Other than that, I don't know what else we can send to convince them... maybe if I cut off one of my arms and legs and send to them?? How about an IOU for my soul?

Delhi rejection rate is MUCH MUCH lower. We should have went through there first. CHandigarh rejection rate is over 60% outright. They don't even read the applications. They just read cover letter and if it says 'fiance' anywhere you are screwed. And if you are Punjabi trying to visit a fiance you are doubly screwed. Delhi approves 77% outright by contrast... Thats right from their own statistics too!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Harkiran,

Were you able to get the GCMS Notes? It will have the visa officer's observations/notes for refusal on 'Purpose of Visit'

The lawyer 'strategy' was to hold the application until they could hand deliver it to specific visa officers in Chandigarh, avoiding the ones they know to be notorious for rejecting all Punjabis. In over one month it was still sitting on his desk! So I was the one who told him, pull that application from these people and applyin Delhi under temporary address.
I wonder if the *expensive immigration law firm* 'strategy' is indeed true..... ie their ability to hand deliver visa applications to specific visa officers + their claims about some visa officers of the Chandigarh Visa Office rejecting all Punjabis outright.

We've had some forum members who were granted TRVs by the CHD VO over the last few days.... they are Punjabis.... some on their first attempt, others after a previous refusal..... without knowing which visa officer would evaluate their applications :)

You've done your very best.... and the documents/evidence you have provided are excellent..... truly hope your fiance gets his TRV soon

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Bryanna said:
Hi Harkiran,

Were you able to get the GCMS Notes? It will have the visa officer's observations/notes for refusal on 'Purpose of Visit'

I wonder if the *expensive immigration law firm* 'strategy' is indeed true..... ie their ability to hand deliver visa applications to specific visa officers + their claims about some visa officers of the Chandigarh Visa Office rejecting all Punjabis outright.

We've had some forum members who were granted TRVs by the CHD VO over the last few days.... they are Punjabis.... some on their first attempt, others after a previous refusal..... without knowing which visa officer would evaluate their applications :)

You've done your very best.... and the documents/evidence you have provided are excellent..... truly hope your fiance gets his TRV soon

Apparently what they (the firm) say is that there are several Visa officers at Chandigarh who are notorious for rejecting Punjabis. I don't know honestly if they are able being a law firm to deliver it to specific officers or how they claim to do so. It sounded kind of *wrong* to me. So it was my suggestion to pull the application from these people and submit it through Delhi.

Recently, as in last few weeks a friend here in Halifax, NS (where I live) she was able to get 4 family members approved in Delhi office, while her husband tried to get his Father approved in Chandigarh. (They are having a family event here and wanted family here for it) and her family all 4 were approved in under 2 weeks total time (including weekends) and his Father was rejected and it took over 3 weeks to get the decision. When they compared her family applications to his Father's there was nothing that was really different... similar incomes, similar links to India, similar travel history, assets etc and only major difference was the office they applied. He lives in Punjab and they live in Delhi.

I know in my heart as soon as they saw the word 'fiance' they just rejected him thinking his intentions were to overstay since I would be a 'tie' in Canada. Even though the box for convincing them that he would not overstay was not checked. I think they suspected that his intentions were not to just come and meet my Mom. Hopefully the letter from her will clarify that. Along with the overcompelling evidence that he will NOT be here in Aug he will be back in India and I will be with him there! My Mom's letter also states this, so she is vouching that I will be in India with him to marry him in Aug/Sep. She attached her driver license as proof of identity too. I know some people say that future intent may have been the reason, but according to CIC own SOP (standard operating procedures - we use same terminology in the military) future intent can not be used as a reason to reject IF there is evidence that they will not overstay on THIS visa. In otherwords, future intent is not an excuse to reject someone. We couldn't obtain the notes because of timing... he has to be back in India latest end of June because of some programs he is in charge of with NGO organizations like Youth Hostel Association a big camping event he is organizing and must be there for. He included a letter from the NGO president stating this as well.

As I said if he is denied this time, I think nothing short of us sending IOUs for our Souls will convince them.

Currently there is no means to bring a fiance to Canada. There used to be a fiance Visa. Now CIC says oh just apply for TRV for fiance... but if they just refuse when they see the word fiance, then they REALLY need to address this because they are only keeping many valid and genuine relationships apart. They should bring back the fiance Visa like USA has.
Either that or come straight out and admit that Canadians can not bring a fiance into Canada at all if they are from a country that requires a visa.

Because right now, on the one hand they say they want you to be 100% honest. Even that Border Security show says always be honest and it will be fine. So we did not hide anything about our future marriage and plans. And we explained everything in the Invitation letter and his cover letter. The way things are now, many people feel they must HIDE that they are in a relationship. If CIC finds out, then they are rejected because they were dishonest, if they don't find out they have a higher chance of being granted the TRV. So the current set up is actually encouraging people to be dishonest. If they want people to be honest and not lie on applications, then provide a genuine way for fiance to come to Canada for visit. (They obviously know that eventually that person will be coming - even if they have to wait for a PR status... they know its going to happen anyway so why try to stop them?)

We were honest as Canada wants, and were automatically rejected I feel because of the word 'fiance' was used. But I felt we had WAY more than enough proof that he would be in India in Aug/Sep for our wedding (along with me) so that CIC would know he would not be overstaying the TRV. But apparently either it was not even read the first time, or they don't care about evidence. Hoping this time is better luck.

I might actually try to go through the military and see if the Chaplain here on base can contact the military attache who works at High Commission in New Delhi and see if they can do something to vouch for us. A friend said they helped him get his wife here awhile back, she had PR within a couple weeks of their marriage!! But he was there in person and spooke directly to the military attache himself. But I wonder if the Chaplains can do that...

Girisha

May 22, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for your reply. Does the invitation letter needs to be certified by a Lawyer in Canada?

Regards

Girisha

Girisha

May 22, 2015
Bryanna,

I have another question please - how many invitation letters to be submitted? should 1 Letter of invitation address to visitor and another letter address to the Visa officer? or one is enough which is to be addressed to the visa officer? Please can you advise.

Thanks a million!!!

Girisha

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Girisha,

Only one Invitation Letter is required..... I would address this to the Visa Officer.... notarization is not required

Cheers

afreshai

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi @Bryanna,

Can u pls help me. My husband visa got rejected on below ground:

current employment situation,
family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. ,
personal assets and financial status.

Below documents are attached.

Documents from Applicant:

• Original Passport