+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied in September 2017. Share your timeline and processing time from INDIA

Rishabh612

Oct 12, 2017
Hi all,

I am new to this site and Forum. I am a PR in Canada. I have applied TRV for my wife (living in Delhi) on Sept 15. Got the receipt same day, but have not heard from CIC since. Hopefully we will hear from CIC soon. Seems like its all over the place - some people getting it in 2 weeks, some havent heard from CIC for more than a month...

irfanlai

Oct 12, 2017
Hi all,

I am new to this site and Forum. I am a PR in Canada. I have applied TRV for my wife (living in Delhi) on Sept 15. Got the receipt same day, but have not heard from CIC since. Hopefully we will hear from CIC soon. Seems like its all over the place - some people getting it in 2 weeks, some havent heard from CIC for more than a month...
Mine is a transit visa and yours is Temp Resi Visa

madam_s

Oct 13, 2017
Hi all,

Same here, have you applied online or paper ?

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Hi All,
My fiance applied for TRV - Visitor to spend honeymoon in Canada. She submitted paper application with all the documents related to my travel, her expected travel, photos, etc. The application was submitted on 21st Sep 2017 and it is being processed in Bangalore. We haven't heard since then.
  • Do you guys know how long does it take usually? If it is 35 days, is it the business days or calendar days?
  • Can she link the application such GC key? I am quite new to this.
Please help with the information. Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi All,
My fiance applied for TRV - Visitor to spend honeymoon in Canada. She submitted paper application with all the documents related to my travel, her expected travel, photos, etc. The application was submitted on 21st Sep 2017 and it is being processed in Bangalore. We haven't heard since then.
  • Do you guys know how long does it take usually? If it is 35 days, is it the business days or calendar days?
  • Can she link the application such GC key? I am quite new to this.
Please help with the information. Thanks!
If one goes by the estimated processing times posted on the IRCC website, it is too soon to expect a decision.

1. Calendar days. It is only an *estimate*.

2. Yes, she can link her application

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Hi all,

HI Rishabh612,

Have you applied for your wife's sponsorship? I'm asking because my husband's sponsorship application is in process and we want to apply for TRV. Let me know, please. Thank you.

Rishabh612

Oct 12, 2017
HI Rishabh612,

Have you applied for your wife's sponsorship? I'm asking because my husband's sponsorship application is in process and we want to apply for TRV. Let me know, please. Thank you.

Hi,

Yes. I have applied for her sponsorship. I know CIC always refuses TRV's for spouses (as they dont see them as 'legitimate' travelers who will return back to their home country). But, i still applied for TRV - gotta try everything to reduce this long-distance...right?

Reactions: dhvanixox

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Hi,

Yes. I have applied for her sponsorship. I know CIC always refuses TRV's for spouses (as they dont see them as 'legitimate' travelers who will return back to their home country). But, i still applied for TRV - gotta try everything to reduce this long-distance...right?
yes I agree! How many days/weeks did you ask the TRV for? If you don't mind sharing. It's such a complicated situation. Did you provide any extra documentation to support the reason for getting TRV?