+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied in April 2018 (India)

win_it

Jun 25, 2012
Hello Everyone

I had applied for visitor visa online from India for my mom on 4th April. Got PPR on 30th April. Submitted passport on 1st May and recieved it on 8th May.
My mom had no travel history but what worked for us is that we wrote a strong letter of explanation. We made it a point to explain any small discrepancy also since it shows that we have put efforts in making the application. Also made a detailed purpose of visit itinerary. Presented strong ties to India as my father and brother are there. I am not working so my husband and I both signed the Invitation letter and showed husband's bank statment and payslips and job letter. I am pregnant but did not mention that at all just stated that mom would visit me and visit few places around. From our side we did not have a lot of bank balance but showed what we could. I would like to thank Bryanna as she had advised me sometime back not to mention my pregnancy and that worked so I am very thankful.

All the best to others and hope it works out for each and everyone of you.
Congratulations.! @Bryanna Can you please throw some light on the pregnancy thing? My wife is pregnant and we wanted to invite her mother on TRV to be with her in last few months. We thought pregnancy was a good reason to mention. Reading this makes me a bit nervous..!

win_it

Jun 25, 2012
As anticipated my 2 month old daughter’s visa gt rejected :( reason stated
Grounds for refusal
family ties in Canada and in country of residence
Purpose of visit

Anybody can suggest what can be done?
Apply for TRP.
TRV is rejected on technical ground.
Ask your husband to stats sponsorship of ur kid. It can be done only from Canada.
Mention that application and request TRP on compassionate ground

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Congratulations.! @Bryanna Can you please throw some light on the pregnancy thing? My wife is pregnant and we wanted to invite her mother on TRV to be with her in last few months. We thought pregnancy was a good reason to mention. Reading this makes me a bit nervous..!
It's a good idea for a TRV refusal.

You would not want to mention anything along these lines, nor would you include any doctor's notes/medical reports. This purpose of visit has high chances of a TRV refusal because it is considered as taking away employment from a Canadian/working illegally as a visitor even if it is uncompensated.

Your mom-in-law will want a family visit + some bit of sightseeing

Reactions: win_it

dbmodi1992

Jun 16, 2018
Hi ,

I have applied for TRV on 06/06/2018 with paper application through Ahmadabad VFS now i want to know it is advisable to link my paper file to online Cic portal for better update on my application ??

Thanks in Advance.

Darshan modi

patelbrijesh_49

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hi ,

I have applied for TRV on 06/06/2018 with paper application through Ahmadabad VFS now i want to know it is advisable to link my paper file to online Cic portal for better update on my application ??

Thanks in Advance.

Darshan modi
yes you can..
i also link my paper application in online account
i am also apply from ahmedabad....

win_it

Jun 25, 2012
Applied for visitor visa for in-laws on 30th April
5th May - in process
29th May - passports dispatched
picked up on 31st May
Visa approved (2 years)

Paper based application/Chandigarh

Good luck to everyone else
Congratulations..!
2 years instead of till expiry..! That's a surprise!
How old are they? Maybe something related to that