+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV after getting PGWP approved outside Canada (India)

rupeshs94

Jan 22, 2020
Hey Bavsh,

Any update on your TRV application yet? I just got my PGWP approved and am thinking of applying for my TRV from India.
Hey Bavsh,
I am in the same problem can u help me please.
Got PGWP approval and my visa is expired and need to travel India.
How can i apply for my visa from India.
Please email me if u can, looking for your response.
Email: rupesh.sharma78@gmail.com

Activia

Nov 7, 2019
Hey Bavsh,
I am in the same problem can u help me please.
Got PGWP approval and my visa is expired and need to travel India.
How can i apply for my visa from India.
Please email me if u can, looking for your response.
Email: rupesh.sharma78@gmail.com
Did you know what to do if we want to travel India after we get the pgwp.
I also want to travel to india

Imsolanki

Mar 3, 2020
Guys I dont know whether any of u are active or nott!

My name is Lalit and I am in Kitchener right now, I have finished my studies in december & have already applied for my postgraduate work permit.
I want to come to India regarding some urgency, but my study permit and travel visa is expiring on 31st March, So I am just concerned if my PGWP get approved in India if I would be there then can I get my travel Visa, and under which category and how to apply for that also I I already gave my biometric here in kitchener.
One last thing do I want to apply my travel visa along with the hard copy of pgwp or my approval email will work because hard copy going to come at my kitchener's address.
Please let me know

Thanks

Bavsh

Jun 8, 2019
You can go to India without any stress and apply for TRV from there once your PGWP gets approved, in the questionnaire select your location as Canada for "Where are you applying from?" Biometric would be useful, you don't have to give it again. It's your wish to ask your friend to mail your hard copy to India or else they could just open the document and send you the scanned copy. Keep your PGWP acknowledgement and receipt handy while returning.

Imsolanki

Mar 3, 2020
Thanks bhai, this msg meant alot.
Under which category u want me to apply as a worker or visitor or what?

Bavsh

Jun 8, 2019
Apply as a worker category and location as Canada, you can use the same account you used for applying your PGWP, start a new application and answer the questionnaire as I suggested!

PK04

May 14, 2020
Hey guys. I have my PGWP. But I don't have a job yet and I need to apply for TRV from India. Do I need to have a job in order to get TRV from outside Canada? Plus with the current travel restrictions is it possible to get a TRV from India?

himanshu6814

Feb 10, 2018
Hey guys. I have my PGWP. But I don't have a job yet and I need to apply for TRV from India. Do I need to have a job in order to get TRV from outside Canada? Plus with the current travel restrictions is it possible to get a TRV from India?
Hi

I was in the same situation and I applied as a visitor and attached all my supporting documents explaining my situation as my study visa got expired in India because of COVID. I called IRCC and was guided by them to do so.

aojha

Sep 17, 2020
I have applied for the TRV and got it approved in 8 days. Just try this with "country of residence" as Canada and purpose as "work" in the questionnaire. In the form IMM5257, we could mention the country of residence as India in question 7 and 9. Go ahead! They will request the biometric via a letter which is okay as it would be valid for 10 years.
Hey Bavesh, hoping you could still answer! In this case, your PGWP must have your old passport number written on it? Did you have to get your PGWP re-issued with your new passport number on it? Or is that not an issue?

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
I have applied for the TRV and got it approved in 8 days. Just try this with "country of residence" as Canada and purpose as "work" in the questionnaire. In the form IMM5257, we could mention the country of residence as India in question 7 and 9. Go ahead! They will request the biometric via a letter which is okay as it would be valid for 10 years.
Hi Bavsh,
I have an open work permit which was extended while I was in Canada. I have returned to India now, but I would like to apply for TRV. Is it fine if I choose my current residence as Canada ?
I have seen in other posts that people are applying for Visitor Visa. But since I already have valid open work permit, so I am confused.
I am looking forward for your reply.

Venu95ram

Feb 6, 2021
Hi Bavsh,
I have an open work permit which was extended while I was in Canada. I have returned to India now, but I would like to apply for TRV. Is it fine if I choose my current residence as Canada ?
I have seen in other posts that people are applying for Visitor Visa. But since I already have valid open work permit, so I am confused.
Did u applied trv bro any update ?

Manoj957

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hi Bavsh,
How can you choose current residence as Canada , when you are not presently staying in canada