+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV after getting PGWP approved outside Canada (India)

Bavsh

Jun 8, 2019
Hi Team,

I have received my PGWP applied within Canada, I'm currently outside Canada and need a TRV to re-enter. I was just wondering whether I could select Canada as my country of residence in the CIC questionaire. It gets me to Temporary Resident Visa application with IMM5257, an option to upload work permit and then I could choose the country of residence as India. Would this work or CIC would ask for my passport to be sent to Ottawa for stamping?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Bavsh

Jun 8, 2019
I meant there is an option in IMM5257 where they ask "country of residence". Is it like applying for a normal visitor visa is the only solution for TRV? Please help!

Bavsh

Jun 8, 2019
No you should select India.
In that case, normal visitor visa is the only solution. I also got to know that the answers we put in the questionnaire are just for reference and are not evaluated by the immigration officer. I have noticed people getting the TRV outside of Canada using this process.

Here's is the note with the questionnaire.

Important: This information is for reference only and no immigration decision will be made based on your answers. If you choose to apply, your application will be considered by an immigration officer in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, without regard to any outcome you attain through this questionnaire. Read the full notice

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
In that case, normal visitor visa is the only solution. I also got to know that the answers we put in the questionnaire are just for reference and are not evaluated by the immigration officer. I have noticed people getting the TRV outside of Canada using this process.

Here's is the note with the questionnaire.

Important: This information is for reference only and no immigration decision will be made based on your answers. If you choose to apply, your application will be considered by an immigration officer in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, without regard to any outcome you attain through this questionnaire. Read the full notice
Hey Bavsh,

Any update on your TRV application yet? I just got my PGWP approved and am thinking of applying for my TRV from India.

Bavsh

Jun 8, 2019
Hey Bavsh,

Any update on your TRV application yet? I just got my PGWP approved and am thinking of applying for my TRV from India.
I have applied for the TRV and got it approved in 8 days. Just try this with "country of residence" as Canada and purpose as "work" in the questionnaire. In the form IMM5257, we could mention the country of residence as India in question 7 and 9. Go ahead! They will request the biometric via a letter which is okay as it would be valid for 10 years.

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
I have applied for the TRV and got it approved in 8 days. Just try this with "country of residence" as Canada and purpose as "work" in the questionnaire. In the form IMM5257, we could mention the country of residence as India in question 7 and 9. Go ahead! They will request the biometric via a letter which is okay as it would be valid for 10 years.
Thank you so much for your reply! Did you have to do submit any other additional documents like proof of funds (other than the question on funds in the IMM5257) or medical reports?

This whole process has been daunting, I really appreciate your help!

Bavsh

Jun 8, 2019
Thank you so much for your reply! Did you have to do submit any other additional documents like proof of funds (other than the question on funds in the IMM5257) or medical reports?

This whole process has been daunting, I really appreciate your help!
No worries! I have experienced how confusing it was and could understand your feeling. I must say there is no upper limit to add documents for the visa. The more, the better; the fund proof is not mandatory although you could add it in your client information field along with your one-page doc explaining why you came to India; medical reports aren't required as you must not be staying in India for straight 6 months.

Reactions: Ferns_Ivy

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
No worries! I have experienced how confusing it was and could understand your feeling. I must say there is no upper limit to add documents for the visa. The more, the better; the fund proof is not mandatory although you could add it in your client information field along with your one-page doc explaining why you came to India; medical reports aren't required as you must not be staying in India for straight 6 months.
That makes sense, I don't plan on staying for straight 6 months. This probably varies depending on what state you apply from, but was it hard getting a biometric appointment/where was your passport shipped to for stamping?

Bavsh

Jun 8, 2019
That makes sense, I don't plan on staying for straight 6 months. This probably varies depending on what state you apply from, but was it hard getting a biometric appointment/where was your passport shipped to for stamping?[/QUOT

Biometric is easier than you think. In my case, I booked an appointment at VFS Bangalore and got the biometrics done and updated on my CIC account the very next day. Check your nearest VFS and book an appointment online as per your schedule (they have many slots every 15 mins from 9 AM to 5 PM) and the biometric process takes not more than 15 minutes. Passport stamping could be sent to any VFS, just carry the letter from CIC and proceed.

Reactions: Ferns_Ivy

sully.s9

Nov 21, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm in a similar situation although I'm applying for the TRV within Canada. In the IMM5257 form for Details of Visit to Canada, should I put 'Returning Worker' or 'Other'? I have received my PGWP and I will be applying for full-time jobs for the first time so not sure about the 'returning' part.

Bavsh

Jun 8, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm in a similar situation although I'm applying for the TRV within Canada. In the IMM5257 form for Details of Visit to Canada, should I put 'Returning Worker' or 'Other'? I have received my PGWP and I will be applying for full-time jobs for the first time so not sure about the 'returning' part.
You need to put "returning worker" only. PGWP doesn't require you to have the job in any scenarios, it's just a gifted extra time as you have studied in Canada. Hope this helps!

K-bajwa

Nov 22, 2019
Hey Bavsh, me too stuck in the same problem can you please help me in whole process that how to apply please. Its request

K-bajwa

Nov 22, 2019
Hey Bavsh, me too stuck in the same problem can you please help me in whole process that how to apply please. Its request please send me your email I'd or WhatsApp contact

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
Hey Bavsh,

At what point did you pay for the biometric fee? Was it asked for while paying the TRV application fee or after at the VFS?

Thanks again for your help!