+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV 2018 online. share your timeline Philippines

JcKobe

Aug 8, 2019
Winnpeg
Update on my in-laws TRV application

After seeking help from our MP, the application got processed immediately.

July 4 - Went to MP office in Winnipeg before close
July 5 - MP office called IRCC regarding my in-laws application, IRCC emailed Manila office Friday morning (night in Manila so no response)
July 8 - Status changed to in progress
July 9 - Passport request
July 11 - Passport dropped off in person in VAC Makati
July 12 - Visa Issued - 9 year validity (online update)

they are just waiting for the delivery next week and we will be looking for tickets this weekend.

moral of the story, if your application is taking longer than the normal processing time, try to reach out to your MP. ^_^
Wow, that was fast, Congrats. I assumed you attached a letter from MP in your application?

I went to Lamoureux too to request an invitation letter for my supervisa application and I really hope everything will go smoothly and quickly as yours.

nmfdelacruz

Nov 20, 2019
Courier?

Anyway ideally you’ll get the decision soon and it’ll take 2 business days in Manila.
Sadly, it will take more than a week with a courier (if I have my passport stamped in the US) and that will affect my travel plans drastically.

Why the hell is Canada so slow with visa processing??? I mean, this is the slowest visa processing that I have had - 26 days now as of writing. I have Schengen, UK, Australian, Japan, Korean, and US visas and all of them did not take this long!

nmfdelacruz

Nov 20, 2019
So my flight to the US is on December 6, 2019. We plan to go to Canada from the US. However, 26 days has passed since I applied and there are no results yet.

Timeline:
Oct 27 - Applied
Oct 29 - Biometrics Done
Nov 22 - Wala pa ding results

My wife who applied in the US (she went ahead) for a Canadian Visa got the results in 4 days. We submitted almost identical supporting documents and that is an assurance that I will be approved as well. I have Schengen, US, UK, Japan, Australian and Korean visas in my passport. However, I still got no results.

I think I will consider it that we will not be able to go to Canada this December if today I still haven't got any results. :(

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
So my flight to the US is on December 6, 2019. We plan to go to Canada from the US. However, 26 days has passed since I applied and there are no results yet.

Timeline:
Oct 27 - Applied
Oct 29 - Biometrics Done
Nov 22 - Wala pa ding results

My wife who applied in the US (she went ahead) for a Canadian Visa got the results in 4 days. We submitted almost identical supporting documents and that is an assurance that I will be approved as well. I have Schengen, US, UK, Japan, Australian and Korean visas in my passport. However, I still got no results.

I think I will consider it that we will not be able to go to Canada this December if today I still haven't got any results. :(
26 days is not normal. If you're desperate, email them indicating your upcoming urgent travel in the subject.

Usually if there is a delay like this (and it's not a clerical/administrative error), it's a stuck background check, likely because of government/military/travel/employment history of you or your family, perhaps, or maybe you have a name that matches someone with a shady history.

nmfdelacruz

Nov 20, 2019
26 days is not normal. If you're desperate, email them indicating your upcoming urgent travel in the subject.

Usually if there is a delay like this (and it's not a clerical/administrative error), it's a stuck background check, likely because of government/military/travel/employment history of you or your family, perhaps, or maybe you have a name that matches someone with a shady history.
Man, I've got US, schengen, UK, Australian visas with no problem. I doubt it's a background check problem. And if it is, they should've asked me for additional documents or simply just rejected me.