+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV 2018 online. share your timeline Philippines

Airaelli02

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Try mo call ang vfs manila kasi pgkkaalam ko, mag msg cla kung na forward na nila sa embassy. Parang ganun ang nabasa ko sa thread.
Na forward naman na po nila. Sa embassy lang tlga ang matagal. Pag bukas wala pa din, magpapasa ako ng webform sa kanila

Kkj22

Apr 19, 2018
Ahh ok. Thats good. Yes pasa ka nlng ng webform. May iba na mabilis, meron din matagal. Depende ata sa VO.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Oo nga po e. Dapat kung anu ang nilagay nila na processing time sa online, sundin nila. Hehe
Processing times are just estimates. Each application is evaluated on a case to case basis. Some may need more attention than others. Others may also be held up due to the third party not responding right away (e.g. banks, NBI, employers)...not the visa office's fault.

Examples where applications may take longer: if you or a family member were military or government employees, if you or a family member has been to certain countries, or if you have a namesake on a criminal watchlist, or if you have a record with the NBI.

Does any one of those apply to you, or can you think of anything about yourself that may be a cause for a country's concern?

Airaelli02

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Processing times are just estimates. Each application is evaluated on a case to case basis. Some may need more attention than others. Others may also be held up due to the third party not responding right away (e.g. banks, NBI, employers)...not the visa office's fault.

Examples where applications may take longer: if you or a family member were military or government employees, if you or a family member has been to certain countries, or if you have a namesake on a criminal watchlist, or if you have a record with the NBI.

Does any one of those apply to you, or can you think of anything about yourself that may be a cause for a country's concern?
Hi Bellaluna, when I submitted my documents in VFS Manila, they gave back my NBI. So I'm thinking that it is no longer required

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
if you have CIC account you can log in there and check..validity is there too..
Hi Teolo.

May i know where can i see the validity? I tried logging in but can't see where the validity is..kindly guide me. Just got approval of TRV for my 2 kids.

Thank u so much.

Reactions: Teolo28

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hi mga sis, try nyo kung magwork sa inyo eto lng ginawa ko. Nag tanong ako sa webform sbi ko lagpas na ng 16 days ng processing. Yung husband ko phil passport pero PR ng Australia so visa office nya Australia. So after ko mag email sa webform siguro mga 22nd day na un nagreply na ng request for passport sa email pero ung online account nya walang update. Mga after 2 days lng naupdate ung online account nya na approved. Pero note nung nagemail ako via webform ung status nya tapos na ung eligibility checks waiting for final decision na lng.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi Bellaluna, when I submitted my documents in VFS Manila, they gave back my NBI. So I'm thinking that it is no longer required
Oo nga hindi nga required. I just cited it as an example. The office may decide to run an applicant’s name with the NBI even without the certificate.

Hi Teolo.

May i know where can i see the validity? I tried logging in but can't see where the validity is..kindly guide me. Just got approval of TRV for my 2 kids.

Thank u so much.
Click on the application. It should be right there with counterfoil, document validity, etc.

Hi mga sis, try nyo kung magwork sa inyo eto lng ginawa ko. Nag tanong ako sa webform sbi ko lagpas na ng 16 days ng processing. Yung husband ko phil passport pero PR ng Australia so visa office nya Australia. So after ko mag email sa webform siguro mga 22nd day na un nagreply na ng request for passport sa email pero ung online account nya walang update. Mga after 2 days lng naupdate ung online account nya na approved. Pero note nung nagemail ako via webform ung status nya tapos na ung eligibility checks waiting for final decision na lng.
That’s normal. The application can only be approved AFTER the passport is submitted and the visa is stamped.
But I think this is an exception...you already knew the eligibility checks were done by the time you emailed. You correctly followed up since there was no passport request letter.
If the eligibility checks are still pending, I don’t see a point in emailing.

Last edited:

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Hi Bellaluna,

I just got approval of my kid's visa yesterday. Thanks for the reply. I haven't submitted yet my kid's passport at VFS that is why I was not able to access the visa validity.

I have another question, I am currently in Canada with a temporary worker status and I applied for my kid's visitor visa online. I requested for their visa validity until the validity of my work-permit which is until March 2019. They are done with their medical exam last year May 25, 2017. So it will be expired on that date. Ang ineexpect ko po ay lalabas sa result ng application nila ay "medical passed" once approved, but it only shows "you do not need medical exam", does that mean that they can enter the POE of Canada even if their medical has expired already? And does it also mean that they are only authorize to stay in Canada for 6 months since no medical exam was considered upon reviewing their applications?

Thank you for you reply.

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Hi everyone.

Just want to share my timeline. So it could help others who are about to apply and also for those who are waiting for the results. So they can have an idea with the waiting time.

Application lodge: April 12
Submission confirmation: April 12
Conf. of online transmission: April 12
Received an e-mail (Review of eligibility changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements") : April 13
Passport Request (Approved application): April 24

Thank you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi Bellaluna,

I just got approval of my kid's visa yesterday. Thanks for the reply. I haven't submitted yet my kid's passport at VFS that is why I was not able to access the visa validity.

I have another question, I am currently in Canada with a temporary worker status and I applied for my kid's visitor visa online. I requested for their visa validity until the validity of my work-permit which is until March 2019. They are done with their medical exam last year May 25, 2017. So it will be expired on that date. Ang ineexpect ko po ay lalabas sa result ng application nila ay "medical passed" once approved, but it only shows "you do not need medical exam", does that mean that they can enter the POE of Canada even if their medical has expired already? And does it also mean that they are only authorize to stay in Canada for 6 months since no medical exam was considered upon reviewing their applications?

Thank you for you reply.
Yes, even if you submitted a medical for your child's TRV, the maximum stay issued at the POE will be 6 months. That medical will have no bearing on the TRV application. You'll have to request for an extension, 30 days before the 6 months expires, if you want your child to stay longer than 6 months.

Kkj22

Apr 19, 2018
Hi bellaluna. Just got an original passport request. Ask ko lang po sana kung paano ko po eto i-mail and what letter po ang isasama ko sa mail? Hoping for your reply. Thanks

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
None (SA Confirmed through phone)
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
Hi bellaluna. Just got an original passport request. Ask ko lang po sana kung paano ko po eto i-mail and what letter po ang isasama ko sa mail? Hoping for your reply. Thanks
Hi sis, where mo nareceive yung PPR? Just wondering, still waiting pa kasi ako e.
May I also know your timeline?

Kkj22

Apr 19, 2018
Hi sis, where mo nareceive yung PPR? Just wondering, still waiting pa kasi ako e.
May I also know your timeline?
Hi sis. Heres my timeline.
April 16- apllication
April 16- submissuon and confirmation
April 17- review wligibility started
April 26- PPR

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Yes, even if you submitted a medical for your child's TRV, the maximum stay issued at the POE will be 6 months. That medical will have no bearing on the TRV application. You'll have to request for an extension, 30 days before the 6 months expires, if you want your child to stay longer than 6 months.
Thank you Bellaluna.