I have the following on my ATIP:

TRIAGE

TRIAGE: 1
Created Date: 2014/06/14 09:38:22
Created By: SADMIN
Updated Date: 2014/11/14 19:43:13
Updated By: SADMIN
triage Value:

Does anybody know what does it mean? Much appreciation for the answer.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
amk2015 said:

TRIAGE

triage Value:

I guess its initial screening of your application for eligibility. Have you considered obtaining ATIP, that gives better idea.

If you have required number of minimum days you should have received Test Invitation by now. Unless you have either less number of days or excessive overseas travel or land crossing to USA, that's triggers RQ (Residency Questionnaire).

Unfortunately, in last 3 years even on slightest pretext or suspicion of any of above reasons, CIC has been sending RQ's and buying 36 months processing time.

Check from ATIP report if you fall under the above categories. Now, if you are eligible under new citizenship rules, got 1460 or more days, consider of withdrawing your previous application and re-apply under the new rules. Its tough decision but seems most practical.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
This is a test they apply to find out if an RQ is needed or not.
Thanks Diplomatru. Can you please tell how they apply the test and when is the result?

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I guess its initial screening of your application for eligibility. Have you considered obtaining ATIP, that gives better idea.

If you have required number of minimum days you should have received Test Invitation by now. Unless you have either less number of days or excessive overseas travel or land crossing to USA, that's triggers RQ (Residency Questionnaire).

Unfortunately, in last 3 years even on slightest pretext or suspicion of any of above reasons, CIC has been sending RQ's and buying 36 months processing time.

Check from ATIP report if you fall under the above categories. Now, if you are eligible under new citizenship rules, got 1460 or more days, consider of withdrawing your previous application and re-apply under the new rules. Its tough decision but seems most practical.
Thanks Canadiandesi. My required days are complete. Though I traveled relatively frequently but I sent the proofs of exit/entry while I submitted immigration application.

Don't you think the delay in test invite may be due to late FP request and its associated checks? FP was asked from me in late December and they it reached CIC St. Clair in the beginning of January.

Until now I asked for 2 ATIPs. One I received in december start (generated Nov. 03) and the 2nd I got at January start (generated December 16). FP requested was generated by CIC on December 24. In both the ATIPs Triage is 1 but Triage value is not mentioned.

If you know something further, please write down.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
amk2015 said:
Thanks Canadiandesi. My required days are complete. Though I traveled relatively frequently but I sent the proofs of exit/entry while I submitted immigration application.

Don't you think the delay in test invite may be due to late FP request and its associated checks? FP was asked from me in late December and they it reached CIC St. Clair in the beginning of January.

Until now I asked for 2 ATIPs. One I received in december start (generated Nov. 03) and the 2nd I got at January start (generated December 16). FP requested was generated by CIC on December 24. In both the ATIPs Triage is 1 but Triage value is not mentioned.

If you know something further, please write down.
As you know processing of FP takes 3 - 4 weeks, then finding Oath ceremony slot for you. Knowing CIC's snail pace you can expect something in few weeks. Wish you all the best.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amk2015 said:
Thanks Diplomatru. Can you please tell how they apply the test and when is the result?
https://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/cic_rq_triage_interpretations_2012.pdf

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Diplomatru and canadiandesi for your kind words.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
https://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/cic_rq_triage_interpretations_2012.pdf
sorry that I bother again. I could not see Triage 1 as such in the correspondence. May be I could not extract it from the legal wordings.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
amk2015 said:

TRIAGE

triage Value:

[quote author=amk2015]
Citizenship Timeline -
App Sent: 24-Mar-2015 (Canada Post)
App Recd: 27-Mar-2015
AOR in eCAS: 16-April-2015

Processing Started:27-Aug-2015
FP Request: 29-Dec-2015
FP SENT: 29-Dec-2015[/quote]

Dates in post are inconsistent with those in the timeline.

I am guessing that the timeline has the correct year and the post should have referred to 2015 not 2014.

Assuming that is correct, observation by Diplomatru is probably correct, Sydney triage screening completed June 14, 2015 (again, assuming the "2014" in the post itself should be "2015"). Since no pre-test RQ or CIT 0520 request has been received, your application obviously passed the current criteria for issuing pre-test RQ.

No ATIP request necessary to learn that.

[quote author=amk2015]
[/quote]

Triage value blank either means there was no triage criteria identified or IRCC is now redacting the value. For you, the real information comes from the fact you did not receive a pre-test RQ, indicating none of the Triage items were identified as applicable to your application, hence no pre-test RQ.

My question is Why? do ATIP at this stage, even one let alone two?

To an outside observer this seems like something someone who knows there is an issue might do in order to discover if CIC/IRCC has spotted the issue.

You are not likely to learn anything from the ATIP that will help you in any way. There are times, and situations, in which making the ATIP request is prudent. For the vast majority of applicants, however, there is nothing to be gained from the ATIP, NO reason to make an ATIP application.

I cannot guess whether a person looking at your file might have the same question I do, because of the ATIP requests, and wonder what it is you are concerned about and perhaps go looking for it. I do not think anyone else here can reliably know either.

I can say, however, those requests are a waste of time, resources, and taxpayer dollars.

The FP request:

There are many reasons for a FP request. This one clearly came from the local office. (No need for the ATIP to learn this, given the date of the request.) So it is probably not to verify client identity, but may nonetheless still be to verify/clarify identity relative to either the RCMP or CSIS background check. Most of the processing attendant this is still relatively routine. CIC/IRCC considers the application non-routine but that means little or nothing about the course of processing itself; it just means there is at least one additional step or action outside the routine processing track. Again, these FP requests often result in only minimally longer processing time periods.

Sometimes the FP request can be because the RCMP or CSIS has identified reason to screen the applicant's background more thoroughly. Sure, if this is why you got the FP request, that will likely result in a significant delay beyond the routine processing timeline, beyond that for those whose FP request is to merely verify/clarify the applicant distinct from some other individual (such as someone with similar name, DoB, who has a criminal history).

If you have never had any negative law enforcement contact (never charged or a suspect in a crime), no background factors or circumstances hinting of criminal activity (no close friends or family members associated with criminal enterprises) or security concerns, odds are the FP request is not to conduct a more extensive background check, and thus will not slow down processing by much.

In any event, it would be unusual for the response to an ATIP application to reveal any information about why a FP request was made. Any such information will ordinarily be redacted.

[quote author=amk2015]
. . . I sent the proofs of exit/entry while I submitted immigration application.
[/quote]

This should have no impact at all. There was no good reason for submitting this with the application.

That said, not sure what "proofs" you are referring to. If this was voluminous, some have speculated this could lead to some delay while the information is checked. Moreover, the more information submitted, the greater the risk there is something incongruous or even inconsistent in the information, or at least something which a total stranger bureaucrat might find odd and inviting further inquiry, and of course this could lead to elevated scrutiny or even overt doubts.

Thus, reminder: When in doubt, follow the instructions, and otherwise, yep, follow the instructions.

There are times when it is prudent to not precisely follow the instructions. Such as times when it would be prudent to submit something in addition to what the instructions prescribe. Best to confidently have a very good reason to do so, however, and to be aware that any time someone does not follow the instructions, even if it is in the vein of doing something extra, there is a risk a total-stranger-bureaucrat will wonder why and look into things further.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
amk2015 said:
sorry that I bother again. I could not see Triage 1 as such in the correspondence. May be I could not extract it from the legal wordings.
The link above has the old triggers , now they are modified especially after the Liberals came in power.
Now is very likely the reference of Triage 1 to be toward completely different small issue.

No one has the list of the new Operational Bulletins because they are for internal use only and are modified from time to time.

The above link shows what used to be 4 years ago, but now is different.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
The link above has the old triggers , now they are modified especially after the Liberals came in power.
Now is very likely the reference of Triage 1 to be toward completely different small issue.

No one has the list of the new Operational Bulletins because they are for internal use only and are modified from time to time.

The above link shows what used to be 4 years ago, but now is different.
True. But it's the latest related OB that is available to the public, so it is interesting even as a piece of history.
CIC officer clearly says that 75% of files are RQed based solely on the infromation by the client that he/she had completed ANY travel during period of unemployement or self-employment within 4 years since landing. They discussed it and maintained that this triage factor will still be applied. It appears that under the pre-SCCA law they had no access to CBSAs records of entries/exits to Canadian POEs, so the responsibility for proving physical residence proof rested with the applicant. Based on the post-SCCA applications' timelines shared by the public, few if any RQs have been sent. This doesn't mean that triage factors have changed since OB 407B, but most likely the COs can reach a procedural decision themselves thanks to new ways of verifying the application now.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dpenabill said:
Dates in post are inconsistent with those in the timeline.

I am guessing that the timeline has the correct year and the post should have referred to 2015 not 2014.

Assuming that is correct, observation by Diplomatru is probably correct, Sydney triage screening completed June 14, 2015 (again, assuming the "2014" in the post itself should be "2015"). Since no pre-test RQ or CIT 0520 request has been received, your application obviously passed the current criteria for issuing pre-test RQ.

No ATIP request necessary to learn that.

Triage value blank either means there was no triage criteria identified or IRCC is now redacting the value. For you, the real information comes from the fact you did not receive a pre-test RQ, indicating none of the Triage items were identified as applicable to your application, hence no pre-test RQ.

My question is Why? do ATIP at this stage, even one let alone two?

To an outside observer this seems like something someone who knows there is an issue might do in order to discover if CIC/IRCC has spotted the issue.

You are not likely to learn anything from the ATIP that will help you in any way. There are times, and situations, in which making the ATIP request is prudent. For the vast majority of applicants, however, there is nothing to be gained from the ATIP, NO reason to make an ATIP application.

I cannot guess whether a person looking at your file might have the same question I do, because of the ATIP requests, and wonder what it is you are concerned about and perhaps go looking for it. I do not think anyone else here can reliably know either.

I can say, however, those requests are a waste of time, resources, and taxpayer dollars.

The FP request:

There are many reasons for a FP request. This one clearly came from the local office. (No need for the ATIP to learn this, given the date of the request.) So it is probably not to verify client identity, but may nonetheless still be to verify/clarify identity relative to either the RCMP or CSIS background check. Most of the processing attendant this is still relatively routine. CIC/IRCC considers the application non-routine but that means little or nothing about the course of processing itself; it just means there is at least one additional step or action outside the routine processing track. Again, these FP requests often result in only minimally longer processing time periods.

Sometimes the FP request can be because the RCMP or CSIS has identified reason to screen the applicant's background more thoroughly. Sure, if this is why you got the FP request, that will likely result in a significant delay beyond the routine processing timeline, beyond that for those whose FP request is to merely verify/clarify the applicant distinct from some other individual (such as someone with similar name, DoB, who has a criminal history).

If you have never had any negative law enforcement contact (never charged or a suspect in a crime), no background factors or circumstances hinting of criminal activity (no close friends or family members associated with criminal enterprises) or security concerns, odds are the FP request is not to conduct a more extensive background check, and thus will not slow down processing by much.

In any event, it would be unusual for the response to an ATIP application to reveal any information about why a FP request was made. Any such information will ordinarily be redacted.

This should have no impact at all. There was no good reason for submitting this with the application.

That said, not sure what "proofs" you are referring to. If this was voluminous, some have speculated this could lead to some delay while the information is checked. Moreover, the more information submitted, the greater the risk there is something incongruous or even inconsistent in the information, or at least something which a total stranger bureaucrat might find odd and inviting further inquiry, and of course this could lead to elevated scrutiny or even overt doubts.

Thus, reminder: When in doubt, follow the instructions, and otherwise, yep, follow the instructions.

There are times when it is prudent to not precisely follow the instructions. Such as times when it would be prudent to submit something in addition to what the instructions prescribe. Best to confidently have a very good reason to do so, however, and to be aware that any time someone does not follow the instructions, even if it is in the vein of doing something extra, there is a risk a total-stranger-bureaucrat will wonder why and look into things further.
Depenabil, really thankful to you for an elaborated response.

Regarding date in timeline, it is correct. I don't know why CIC, in ATIP, wrote the year 2014 in Triage assessment.

In my first ATIP I noticed a sub-activity that was created on 2015/08/27 as following:

Type: CIT RCMP Screening

I was concerned that it should not be asked for at interview (date not yet) delaying my process further. I requested for another ATIP to see progress. Luckily CIC sent me an email around mid-December asking me if I need electronic or physical copy. I answered that I am interested in the progress particularly showing the concern about FP requirement that was pending since 2015/08/27 and they did not ask me for.

Then I got my ecAS updated (Dec. 24) and received letter from them about FP requirement on Dec. 29, 2015. Same day I had it done.

- Is it possible that sometimes file moves when an applicant asks about something or it is coincidence?

FP Request:

It was done and sent by a private agency to St. Clair office. Afterwards I emailed to CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca and asked about the status. They answered as "Please be advised that the verification in question was completed on : 2015-12-30 and the result has been sent to : ST CLAIR CIC".

Now I don't know

- whether above mentioned statement means clearance by RCMP?
- whether CSIS clearance also depends upon the fingerprints or that is some separate channel independent of fingerprints?

May the answers to these questions be helpful to others.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Diplomatru said:
True. But it's the latest related OB that is available to the public, so it is interesting even as a piece of history.
CIC officer clearly says that 75% of files are RQed based solely on the infromation by the client that he/she had completed ANY travel during period of unemployement or self-employment within 4 years since landing. They discussed it and maintained that this triage factor will still be applied. It appears that under the pre-SCCA law they had no access to CBSAs records of entries/exits to Canadian POEs, so the responsibility for proving physical residence proof rested with the applicant. Based on the post-SCCA applications' timelines shared by the public, few if any RQs have been sent. This doesn't mean that triage factors have changed since OB 407B, but most likely the COs can reach a procedural decision themselves thanks to new ways of verifying the application now.
When I came back to Canada last time and cleared myself to the automatic machines at Pearson, I asked the CBSA officer to stamp my passport .
He said that it is no need of a stamp anymore because for the citizenship procedure under the new rules now they can verify the flight itineraries made by plane and hence now the system works like this.
When a boarding pass is issued right before the flight when you pass the security area they want to scan your boarding pass with RF scanner. This is when CBSA knows the date of Exit made from the airport.
For the Entry records they will use the data from the Automatic clearance machines (Those who gives the receipt with the declaration card)
This is a huge step towards reducing the doubts of travel dates.
Moreover now they have the ability to check directly the residential addresses from CRA from the tax filings.
This is another step towards the reducing suspicion of residency and physical presence.

I don't thing that the unemployment mixed with traveling is concerning point nowadays , I know 7 cases with people with that scenario and none of them have been questioned about that at the interview. I am talking about applications submitted under the new rules.

It seems that there is still NONE RQ issued under the new rules and most probably this is the result from their enhanced business channels with CBSA and CRA.

If those 7 cases which I know were under the old rules most probably they would have ended up with RQ.

But now the situation is different.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
It seems that there is still NONE RQ issued under the new rules and most probably this is the result from their enhanced business channels with CBSA and CRA.
That's what my previous post was all about, eh? Moreover, now they have a pretty effective information exchange system at the land border with CBP. My i-94 record, for instance, shows correct dates of entry/exit, although there is no flight manifest involved in the process. The new PRC card design also features an RFID chip that is scanned at land POEs, which will further increase the accuracy of the information on travellers in the Government's systems. Nevertheless, it's always a good idea to create a Physical Presence Calculator account as soon as you complete your first travel as a PR and update it regularly so that you don't forget about a trip and apply with a guaranteed number of days in your pocket in 4 years. Maintaining your own registry of boarding passes and other documents that can be used as prove of residence is also advisable.

Anyways +1s to you and dpenabill - I enjoy reading your posts, folks.