+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Canada on after study permit approval

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Shruthi my student visa application recently got approved. I have sent my passport to visa office for stamping. How did you get your letter of introduction or POE? I am planning to travel to Toronto at March end. I will be joining Seneca college for summer batch so the classes will start from May. What docs and questions did immigration ask you at the airport. Can I quarantine with my family at their place in Canada or do I have to stay in a hotel for 14 days. My classes or program delivery is online as per Seneca college so can I travel to Canada for my studies as it is totally online. Also I am getting most of flying options to Vancouver then take domestic flight to Toronto, so if my entry in Canada is in Vancouver do I have to quarantine in Vancouver?
Unless at the end of March you shouldn’t arrive too early unless you can show extra funds and a reason for your early arrival. Quarantine rules are likely to be changed so keep your eyes out. Does your family have a separate room in a basement with a bathroom. You are not supposed to quarantine with a number of of extended family members unless you can remain separate like in a basement.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
My classes or program delivery is online as per Seneca college so can I travel to Canada for my studies as it is totally online. Also I am getting most of flying options to Vancouver then take domestic flight to Toronto, so if my entry in Canada is in Vancouver do I have to quarantine in Vancouver?
Wouldn't that make you ineligible for PGWP ?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hey, Congratulations on your visa approval.
I got my Letter of Introduction in my cic account. I feel you are travelling too early, they may rise questions regarding that, but again if your close family is in Canada it wont be an issue. I was asked to show my Approval letter from College and the officer confirmed my course, that’s all. The immigration was pretty smooth both in India and Canada. And yes, you can travel even if your course is fully online, make sure you get the supporting letter from your college.

Regarding the quarantine, yes you can stay with your family, but make sure you have a separate room with attached bathroom and you have all sorted for the 14 days, and make sure you really follow the Quarantine rules. And no, you don’t have to Quarantine in Vancouver, you directly reach Toronto and quarantine in your place.
What's your Letter of Introduction timeline after OPR/Approved status ?

ToriiiJ

Nov 19, 2020
Hey, Congratulations on your visa approval.
I got my Letter of Introduction in my cic account. I feel you are travelling too early, they may rise questions regarding that, but again if your close family is in Canada it wont be an issue. I was asked to show my Approval letter from College and the officer confirmed my course, that’s all. The immigration was pretty smooth both in India and Canada. And yes, you can travel even if your course is fully online, make sure you get the supporting letter from your college.

Regarding the quarantine, yes you can stay with your family, but make sure you have a separate room with attached bathroom and you have all sorted for the 14 days, and make sure you really follow the Quarantine rules. And no, you don’t have to Quarantine in Vancouver, you directly reach Toronto and quarantine in your place.
Good Day, what supporting letter from your college are you talking about.

akki89

Jan 15, 2021
Category........
Other
One person can pick you up if you sit on the back, you sit diagonally from the driver, you both wear masks and you drive with the windows partially down for ventilation.
Yes I will follow all the safety protocols as guided by college and authorities. Thanks for suggestion.

akki89

Jan 15, 2021
Category........
Other
What's your Letter of Introduction timeline after OPR/Approved status ?
Have recently submitted my passport. will update you once I receive it back and hopefully they upload it in my GC Key account online by then.

akki89

Jan 15, 2021
Category........
Other
Wouldn't that make you ineligible for PGWP ?
No flying to Canada for studies after study visa approval won't make you ineligible for PGWP. If the college is in that list provided by ircc and you have a valid letter of introduction you can go to Canada and continue your studies there. It won't affect PGWP later at all.

akki89

Jan 15, 2021
Category........
Other
Unless at the end of March you shouldn’t arrive too early unless you can show extra funds and a reason for your early arrival. Quarantine rules are likely to be changed so keep your eyes out. Does your family have a separate room in a basement with a bathroom. You are not supposed to quarantine with a number of of extended family members unless you can remain separate like in a basement.
I am planning to arrive two weeks before my classes start so that I have enough time to quarantine. I know they keep on changing not easy to predict what will happen I will make sure before flying for any updates and recent changes. Yes my family have a separate room in the basement with separate entrance and bathroom and kitchen. Do I need to provide details or pictures of the room on arrival at airport ?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
No flying to Canada for studies after study visa approval won't make you ineligible for PGWP. If the college is in that list provided by ircc and you have a valid letter of introduction you can go to Canada and continue your studies there. It won't affect PGWP later at all.
What are you talking about ? Online learning is only allowed until April 30th, 2021, if you do online beyond that you are screwed.